Japanese Classic Racing Series | Season 3| Race Two Saturda @ 3pm GMT!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 658 comments
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
eqnwc4.jpg

The first two Japanese Classic Racing Series' produced some extremely close battles for supremacy. After lots of uncertainty on whether it would return, it is back for 2012 and will be closer than ever. Are you ready?

Two races a night, one 15 minutes race and a 30 minute race. time for some close racing.

Time:
Races will be held at 4PM BST (3PM GMT) on Saturday nights.

Room Settings:
The Room settings are as follows:
Draft: Weak
Grip Reduction: Real
Fuel/Tyre wear: On
All Aids Apart From ABS: Off

Car List: Note: NO TUNING IS ALLOWED. ONLY OIL CHANGES, ENGINE/CHASSIS REBUILDS AND WHEEL CHANGES ARE ALLOWED. NOTHING ELSE. Comfort Softs will be used.

Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '89

Nissan Silvia K's (S13) '91

Honda PRELUDE Si VTEC '91

Toyota Altezza RS200 '98

Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC, J) '90 - 1.03.201

Teams:

*Everyone will be placed into teams of two. Drivers can pick their teammates or enter the championship with them if they want.

Points System:

The drivers will receive the points for certain finishing position. These points will add up over the season, and the driver with the most points wins the Japanese Classic Racing Series. The points system is as follows:

Sprint Race:

1st: 13
2nd: 9
3rd: 7
4th:6
5th:5
6th:4
7th:3
8th:2
9th:1

Main Race:

1st: 25 pts.
2nd. 18 pts.
3rd. 15 pts.
4th. 12pts.
5th. 10pts.
6th. 8pts.
7th. 6pts.
8th. 4pts.
9th. 2pts.
10th. 1pt.

Qualifying:

*We will have 15 minute long Qualifying sessions before the first race.

* Once you have entered qualifying, you are not allowed to exit. If you need new tyres, you finish your lap, pit and continue.

* When coming in and out of the pits, make sure you stay within the white/yellow lines. Failure to do so may lead to a time penalty.

* If you are on your outlap, inlap or a lap where you have made a mistake, make sure you move when other racers are coming past.

* No stopping on the track is allowed.

* NO Contact is allowed in qualifying, nor is any blocking. Make sure you have a nice gap between you and your fellow competitors so that events like this do not occur.

Racing:

*There will be 2 races a night, The 1st lasting 15 mins and the 2nd 30 mins.

*The 2nd race will be reverse grid with a madnatory pit stop.

*There will be a warm up lap at the start of each race. Maintain a safe gap from the car ahead and take your time to warm the tyres up and get a feel for the braking points. At the end of the lap, everyone will park in their start slots, and DaxCobra will call a number out on the Total Time. Once the timer goes to that number, the race is on!

* No collisions or blocking on purpose are allowed.

*If you hit a driver off of the track or cause them to spin, pull to the side of the circuit to let them through again.

*Nudges and taps are generally accepted in motorsport, however, pushing someone wide to gain a place will earn you a penalty.

* Do not quit the race in anger. It is a long race, anything can happen.

* Backmarkers have to let race leaders through.

* Upon entering and leaving the pits, stay within the white/yellow lines.

* If you have suffered due to one of these rules being broken, do NOT talk about it in the chat. Simply file the complaint towards one of the stewards and wait for a decision to be made. We do not want any animosity between racers.

Race Calender:

Tsukuba Circuit
Race 1: 12 Laps
Race 2: 25 Laps

Suzuka East Course

Spa Francorchamps

Nurburgring GP/D

Laguna Seca

Monaco (Cote d'Azur)

20tnu34.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in! haven't chosen car yet though have to test a little.. is it the same rx-7 as last time? because i think it might have been a bit slow that time, even in the hands of the mighty sumo ^^

Grammar Nazi is here: it should be "uncertainty on whether it would return" in OP. Good luck with this guys 👍 ... ~though this may make Trucks entries a bit interesting...~

The eclipse seems real nice i think i'll go with it.. hey sumo team up here instead of the rally?

Grammar Nazi is here: it should be "uncertainty on whether it would return" in OP. Good luck with this guys 👍 ... ~though this may make Trucks entries a bit interesting...~

Cheers. 👍

OP Updated.

I'm in! haven't chosen car yet though have to test a little.. is it the same rx-7 as last time? because i think it might have been a bit slow that time, even in the hands of the mighty sumo ^^

Different RX7. The other RX7 was actually too fast where I was testing.

Different RX7. The other RX7 was actually too fast where I was testing.

Weird, definitely had the impression that the old RX7 was slower than the Skyline but yeah i never drove it myself so i'm probably wrong then.. Where did you test them by the way?

Weird, definitely had the impression that the old RX7 was slower than the Skyline but yeah i never drove it myself so i'm probably wrong then.. Where did you test them by the way?

Suzuka East and Daytona Oval.

Like a baws.

Just so you know, the Skyline is FR.

I was sure it was 4WD.

Eclipse then, I guess. Or maybe Silvia. Dunno.

Lol, it completely escaped my mind that the older Skylines are actually FR. Oh dear, fortunately my old GT3 experience kicked in so that I remembered the truth long before Dax mentioned it.

I was sure it was 4WD.

Lol, it completely escaped my mind that the older Skylines are actually FR. Oh dear, fortunately my old GT3 experience kicked in so that I remembered the truth long before Dax mentioned it.

Prelude is FR.

The GTS were the only FR ones. The rest were 4WD.

I was sure it was 4WD.

The silvia is also FR.. but maybe you already knew that ^^ I think Eclipse and prelude were the only FF.. although dax said prelude is FR right above me

The silvia is also FR.. but maybe you already knew that ^^ I think Eclipse and prelude were the only FF.. although dax said prelude is FR right above me

I meant the Prelude is FF. :D

When will this start?

Once we have the numbers, so a couple of weeks time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone up for some pre season fun this Friday night?

Once we have the numbers, so a couple of weeks time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone up for some pre season fun this Friday night?
I might be up for it, depends if something else comes up that I'd rather do this Friday ^^

Not many sign ups yet though, where are all our old companions? ^^

Edit:
All these should join

Bakugekiki
ID_Racing
GTP_MadMax86
Nastradamus87
TeamLotus_Esprit
Leadpaint
corbius
Miizzoo
eldioni30
TeamLotus_Seven
GTP_Manuelos
Cleartec
LKWTrailer
TyrellRacing
crispychicken49
The_Boyce
Madbeater99
paulmac2k9
theirishman1234

... ok maybe not all of them, but some should be interested in the new season ^^

Last edited:
Not many sign ups yet though, where are all our old companions? ^^

Edit:
All these should join

Bakugekiki
ID_Racing
GTP_MadMax86
Nastradamus87
TeamLotus_Esprit
Leadpaint
corbius
Miizzoo
eldioni30
TeamLotus_Seven
GTP_Manuelos
Cleartec
LKWTrailer
TyrellRacing
crispychicken49
The_Boyce
Madbeater99
paulmac2k9
theirishman1234

... ok maybe not all of them, but some should be interested in the new season ^^

Lol yeah, we want him back!

I would personally like to see the fellow Nordic guys I've raced with, such as ID_racing (not sure what he's doing now), MadMax, Cleartec and Opp the dish brush ;)

I have no idea which of these that actually exist any more and who might have had a good reason not to be included in any more series ^^ Might have been some who have a tendency to crash in to others :P

I have no idea which of these that actually exist any more and who might have had a good reason not to be included in any more series ^^ Might have been some who have a tendency to crash in to others :P

Ever heard of GTP_Johny? :sly:

The one with such lag that he looks more like a terrorist than a racing driver, and who tried to enter TOCA with a different account (that very LKWTrailer) after being banned for childishness. :dopey:

I'll ask the "Lotus Brothers" as they are becoming known as if they want to join.

Back