GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Müle

inhaler of the rifftree
Premium
Canada
Ontario
34tbqs2.png

This is the official preseason thread for season 2 of the GTP Nascar Nationwide series. For complete rules, see the main thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=259224

Preseason schedule:

1. 55 laps of Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway
Date: July 21st
Winner: iforceV8

2. 25 laps of Nurburgring GP/D
Date: July 28th

3. 45 laps of Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Date: August 4th

4. 45 laps of Daytona International Speedway
Date: August 11th

Season starts August 18th, with the Daytona 300!

Last edited:
Nice schedule man 👍

Pretty sure there was a GTP Nationwide logo in the old thread you could use?

EDIT: Crap, hope you didn't need more than 3 posts....

Nah, I should be fine. I think I only need 2, but I made the 3rd one just in case.

I will be OUT of this season probably due to timings. TOCA for me is 7 to 9 as I am always out on saturdays until around 6pm.

As far as power... That could work. I reckon 525hp Sprint Cup and 493 NW. But Drops told me before he wants to keep 502 for Sprint Cup. The tyre idea interests me, though how will that stop bump drafting?

I will be OUT of this season probably due to timings. TOCA for me is 7 to 9 as I am always out on saturdays until around 6pm.

As far as power... That could work. I reckon 525hp Sprint Cup and 493 NW. But Drops told me before he wants to keep 502 for Sprint Cup. The tyre idea interests me, though how will that stop bump drafting?

Because you don't have the grip or track to bump through the corners or run flat out.

Requires you to lift in the corners and actually drive the car.

MÜLE_9242;7268394
Requires you to lift in the corners and actually drive the car.

I agree on the fact that you will have to drive the car differently to make it through the corners without crashing into the wall with a different tire compound. Still think you will be able to bump down the straights if you hook up with someone to have a pusher and pushie. Set the pushers transmissions shorter to get a run down the straight and make the pushie's trannsmission a little bigger. I haven't done any testing so this is hypothetical what I was thinking could happen.

I'm looking to run Nationwide season 2, I can do full time

was at Road America for the Nationwide race saturday and I'm excited to do some form of NASCAR, hoping to be a full time driver but I would also be willing to do a part time road course schedule.

just a suggestion: if you moved the races back 1 hour then it wouldn't interfere with TOCA which myself, Furi, carb, chqr, gorsad, etc. are all running in.

Last edited:
The power and weight of the NW series was set so that the cars would be a bit slower than the Cup cars. The medium tires were selected so that there would still be a need for pit stops in the shorter races that the NW series features.

Honestly, the series only becomes inconsistent if there are different specs on different tracks. NASCAR works perfectly the way it is right now, if you ask me...

was at Road America for the Nationwide race saturday and I'm excited to do some form of NASCAR, hoping to be a full time driver but I would also be willing to do a part time road course schedule.

just a suggestion: if you moved the races back 1 hour then it wouldn't interfere with TOCA which myself, Furi, carb, chqr, gorsad, etc. are all running in.

Yeah please...

Carbonox
Honestly, the series only becomes inconsistent if there are different specs on different tracks. NASCAR works perfectly the way it is right now, if you ask me...

Doesn't hurt IndyCar.

Would racing at Indy be any better if we kept the 454hp/1600kg/medium tire combo, but just outlawed bumpdrafting? You have to slingshot to pass or let off the gas, and no pushing is allowed. Would that work?

Would racing at Indy be any better if we kept the 454hp/1600kg/medium tire combo, but just outlawed bumpdrafting? You have to slingshot to pass or let off the gas, and no pushing is allowed. Would that work?

Sounds like Talladega 2009 all over again... suppose it could work.

Subscribed, full time driver for hire here. I like more hp n lesser tires at indy. I don't know about motegi because I haven't tried that track yet. But the OP n schedule looks good!

I agree on the fact that you will have to drive the car differently to make it through the corners without crashing into the wall with a different tire compound. Still think you will be able to bump down the straights if you hook up with someone to have a pusher and pushie. Set the pushers transmissions shorter to get a run down the straight and make the pushie's trannsmission a little bigger. I haven't done any testing so this is hypothetical what I was thinking could happen.

I'm fine with bumping down the straights, I guess. It's in the corners where it gets ridiculous.

Back as in 12:00, or back as in 2:00? Because I really can't make it any earlier. I can go to 2:00 no problem if that's what works, though.

I'm not a fan of the Medium tires and ballast in the first place, but banning bumpdrafting is a possibility.

MÜLE_9242;7269178
Back as in 12:00, or back as in 2:00? Because I really can't make it any earlier. I can go to 2:00 no problem if that's what works, though.

I think you should talk to Furi about it because it would be nice if TOCA and Nationwide did not interfere with one another

Furi's made leagues that "interfere" with league's I'm in before. In fact, his WSC interferes with CALM.

there are multiple people that want to run both series, it is not about 1 person.

EDIT: all I mean is that there is a scheduling conflict, I am not saying either series is more important than the other, that is why I and several others want to run both, they are both important to us.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking over the NW series, Mule. Nice work, I like the direction you're taking it. 👍

This is the time slot that Chqr had planned so it wouldn't interfere with TOCA, I'm not sure what the problem is. Has Furi changed the TOCA plans?

I would gladly prefer the 12:00 PM EST starting time.

How long will each race be? I wouldn't want the races to take any longer than 1 1/2 hours as it may interfere with the starts of the Nationwide races on television.

I will sign up ASAP. Hopefully as a full-time driver.

Races will be no more than an hour long, with the possible exception of the first Daytona race (I forget how long that went last season, but it'll be 300 miles again this season), so we'll be done by 2:00, which is 6:00 BST. There shouldn't be any issues with TOCA at all.

Specs wise, I did some online testing, and this is the spec and ruleset I propose for all tracks:

-493HP, 1565 KG (no ballast), Sport Soft tires
-Bump drafting in the corners banned for all tracks except Daytona
-At least 1 mandatory pitstop in every race
-2 wheels on black tarmac at all times

so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about...this would be done in time to make the end of TOCA qualy and certainly the race, so it wouldn't be bad for most people, except furi who has to host TOCA...

sorry about causing a fuss MULE

It's fine. Don't worry :)

One thing I forgot in my last post, full formation lap and rolling start for all races. The start procedure will also be altered to what I've done with success in other series'.

After qualifying is over, I will write down everybody's fastest lap (everyone stays in the pits during this), then I call you all back to the lobby. I reset the track, then we line up manually on the track in grid order. This will eliminate cases of the grid order being wrong. One downside is that leaving the track into the lobby during qualifying would be banned, but it's more than worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back