►TURTLE RACING LEAGUE l Saturday Night Enduro Series l Accepting New Members Everyday!Open 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 7,202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My goal is to be faster than wins by gt6! :lol:

My goal is to finish within sight of Ph1sher by GT6.

Matter of fact we have a phishing tournament starting tomorrow night in the TRL HST series fellows. Y'all should come check it out,it's a ton of fun. Hopefully the phish will be biting.

:lol: I've already told you how.

I'm working on it! :lol: starting next week in the wrs for time trials and ill try to make a couple of their races. But hey at my age, I guess you could say my goal is too make gt academy by the age of 21 or younger!

My goal is to finish within sight of Ph1sher by GT6.

Matter of fact we have a phishing tournament starting tomorrow night in the TRL HST series fellows. Y'all should come check it out,it's a ton of fun. Hopefully the phish will be biting.

Oh boy! I'm not sure if my muscle car is going to bite at all! So looks like we have some phisherman on the boat this Thursday! :lol:

^Good stuff Garagefather, It was like you opened a window for me. I'm not here just to get faster or become a better racer. I'm here because you really can't get this experience anywhere else except the Turtles and of course the humbleness that comes with practicing good racecraft.

Going to be 15-20 mins late tonight guys. Automotive Club is going on every Wednesday and finishes at 9 (8 EST). See you then! :D

Ph1sher
I'm working on it! :lol: starting next week in the wrs for time trials and ill try to make a couple of their races. But hey at my age, I guess you could say my goal is too make gt academy by the age of 21 or younger!

I don't do their races, just the time trials. We both have a long way to go. Doodle (Andrew) got 8th place on gt academy and he's div1 silver. If we can make div 1 bronze or silver by next gta, we might have a chance. Theres been a couple of times where I've had faster splits than him, then he comes back and beats it. I'm usually .5 off his time.

I would be at practice tonight since I don't have to be at work until midnight but idiot me left my ps3 in my truck at work last night. Guess I'll get my practice in Saturday before the race. :embarrassed:

ItsAllAboutWins
I don't do their races, just the time trials. We both have a long way to go. Doodle (Andrew) got 8th place on gt academy and he's div1 silver. If we can make div 1 bronze or silver by next gta, we might have a chance. Theres been a couple of times where I've had faster splits than him, then he comes back and beats it. I'm usually .5 off his time.

I would be at practice tonight since I don't have to be at work until midnight but idiot me left my ps3 in my truck at work last night. Guess I'll get my practice in Saturday before the race. :embarrassed:

Yeah the thing is I can't summit time trials until Gravitron gives me the green flag but I'm just doing it offline.

How did practice go tonight? I was at church like always..

I won't be on Saturday for the race, as it's my birthday. I'll be around, so send me some Friend Invites Phisher to the new rooms. ;)

Also, can I run Black on Black with number 89?

Last edited:
Whitlock9mm
I won't be on Saturday for the race, as it's my birthday. I'll be around, so send me some Friend Invites Phisher to the new rooms. ;)

Also, can I run Black on Black with number 89?

You may! Will do! Thanks for joining whitlock! See you on track soon

Ph1sher
Yeah the thing is I can't summit time trials until Gravitron gives me the green flag but I'm just doing it offline.

How did practice go tonight? I was at church like always..

I'd still run it like I normally would for practice. What I do every week is this: let Bob run the car for 100 miles then the next 100 I drive the car on the track to learn how it handles before changing the oil. I have a notepad that I write down my fastest laps and my fastest split times so I know where I'm losing time. Its addicting chasing tenths here and there as well as frustrating. In our division every tenth and hundredth matters.

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her either a Perception Pescador 12' kayak or GT6. I told her if she got me GT6 it had to be a pre-order from gamestop so I got the awesome cars. I'm either gonna be doin a lot of racing this winter or a lot of camping and fishing this spring. I win either way ;)

Last edited:
Go camping Wins ;) lol
....Good practice tonight fellas I shaved 2 secs off my best lap time on 1st race and another 2 on the 2nd 1:57.490 was my best no draft lap awesome for Busted 👍 some gr8 lap times 1:54 deemin and scarey fast crow with 1:53 Capps in Spain see you this Saturday night.

Last edited:
BustedFoSho
Go camping Wins

In a way that's what I'm hoping for. My dad retired in August and we where talking about getting some kayaks to go on a week long trip somewhere like when I was a kid. I love to camp and fish more than anything, I just haven't done it in years. I'm pretty self sufficient in the woods. My grandpa taught me how to build my own shelter and cook using nothing but what's available.

So 1'53 is the time to beat? I got my copy of gt5 tonight. After I do some things for phisher and Randy, I'll get some practice in on Madrid

Last edited:
Go camping Wins ;) lol
....Good practice tonight fellas I shaved 2 secs off my best lap time on 1st race and another 2 on the 2nd 1:57.490 was my best no draft lap awesome for Busted 👍 some gr8 lap times 1:54 deemin and scarey fast crow with 1:53 Capps in Spain see you this Saturday night.

Thanks for this Busted:tup: I'll buy the Capp and have Bob break it in tonight after our phishing tournament in the HST series.

This has only happened to me twice that I can remember, but has anyone else ever seemed to do better with little or no practice before a race?

Not a common occurance for me but it has happened.

Thanks for this Busted:tup: I'll buy the Capp and have Bob break it in tonight after our phishing tournament in the HST series.

This has only happened to me twice that I can remember, but has anyone else ever seemed to do better with little or no practice before a race?

Not a common occurance for me but it has happened.

Last weeks race was the first time I turned any laps on GT for about a month, and the lack of practice made for a long, frustrating race. On a normal week with plenty of wheel time, I would usually go to Wednesday practice for a race or two and that's it. When TRL first started I would run lots of practice laps, but by race day the car and track would be boring to me. I stopped practicing just to keep the fun in it, but my lap times and consistency seemed to improve a little as well.

In a way that's what I'm hoping for. My dad retired in August and we where talking about getting some kayaks to go on a week long trip somewhere like when I was a kid. I love to camp and fish more than anything, I just haven't done it in years. I'm pretty self sufficient in the woods. My grandpa taught me how to build my own shelter and cook using nothing but what's available.

So 1'53 is the time to beat? I got my copy of gt5 tonight. After I do some things for phisher and Randy, I'll get some practice in on Madrid

Wow your like Bear Grills, can you stomach all those nasty grubs n stuff or just if you had to? I'd prolly weaken from starvation and die first lol. You and your pop been mud wampin the Jeeps? Throw up some pics if you got any. :) Turtle_Practice laps at Laguna for the next hour err so if anyone wants to match muscle 👍

Last edited:
I updated our first Special Event race, as you see the winner also gets a $10 PSN Card! We racin for moneeeyyyy! :lol: See you guys this saturday! These small suzuki cappuccinos are a lot of fun around madrid! 👍

Not broken in

free screenshot

Splits are:
T1 31.111
T2 36.143
T3 45.425

You can look at those and find where you're losing time when watching the replay. Just click live timing monitor and it'll be in the center.

Ph1sher
On my way to the wrs to get some practice in.....

LoL you should be officially in soon. I think everyone in the league should do the time trials. You learn a lot. We would be a lot faster as a whole.

Sorry I haven't gotten those times for you, I've got a respiratory infection or a sinus infection or something. running a fever, coughing up green crap, got the shivers and any bit of light hurts my eyes.

LoL you should be officially in soon. I think everyone in the league should do the time trials. You learn a lot. We would be a lot faster as a whole.

Sorry I haven't gotten those times for you, I've got a respiratory infection or a sinus infection or something. running a fever, coughing up green crap, got the shivers and any bit of light hurts my eyes.

no problem! Take your time!

Whitlock9mm
Wins! Where have you been? Do you play on a different account now?

Nah same account. I've been workin a lot and running the wrs on weeks I can't race. I've been here. Where have you been!!!?

Dolph Drago
Yeah, I think the only time I've raced against you was at Autumn Ring in the 787B. I remember you being very fast...when you kept it on track. :sly: I know you have improved since then, and if we ever get the chance to race each other again (hopefully this Saturday?), there's a chance you'll be able to scratch my name off the list for at least one of the races.

Choate is ridiculously fast; some would say alien fast. The fact that he lapped the entire field in the Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 in an endurance race at the Indy Road Course (in the now defunct FLEX Series) shows just that. I finished 2nd and he lapped me with 5 to go.

I would say Martin and I match up pretty well against each other. It's been a while since I've raced against him though. We're beatable. :lol:

Ahhh, we had some good races in FLEX didn't we. I think its safe to say that Choate is alien fast. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on the track soon.

I beat Martin once....... once..... when he ran out of fuel, lol.

I only beat Dolph once when he couldn't get around me at Twin Ring. Actually, I did the same thing to Wins at Laguna Seca. Proof positive you don't have to be the fastest car. Just exit well...

I like to think of myself as Otaku's mirror. We run roughly the same speed, but different lines. From track to track our times against each other vary, but over the long run we seem to have split victories evenly between us.

scarecrow937
I beat Martin once....... once..... when he ran out of fuel, lol.

I only beat Dolph once when he couldn't get around me at Twin Ring. Actually, I did the same thing to Wins at Laguna Seca. Proof positive you don't have to be the fastest car. Just exit well...

I like to think of myself as Otaku's mirror. We run roughly the same speed, but different lines. From track to track our times against each other vary, but over the long run we seem to have split victories evenly between us.

Yea I remember when you beat me. Something along the lines of you watching the mirror more than the track :X

Yea I remember when you beat me. Something along the lines of you watching the mirror more than the track :X

i remember when i beat you a couple times, but then you got too fast for the fish! and now the fish needs to swim faster by practicing in the WRS!

This Ferrari California is a nice ride around Monza! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back