►TURTLE RACING LEAGUE l Saturday Night Enduro Series l Accepting New Members Everyday!Open 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 7,202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
ItsAllAboutWins
Yea I remember when you beat me. Something along the lines of you watching the mirror more than the track :X

Yup, since you had nothing else to do other than accept my slow pace, you played a wicked game of Cole Trickle peek-a-boo. Lol. I found once I started racing the division 1 drivers that outright pace and quality wasn't good enough. You also have to have enough patience to accept somebody is behind you, and just drive your lines to your benefit. Going a little slower and and having a good exit makes it a whole lot more difficult for somebody to get a run on you on the next straightaway.

Ph1sher
i remember when i beat you a couple times, but then you got too fast for the fish! and now the fish needs to swim faster by practicing in the WRS!

This Ferrari California is a nice ride around Monza! 👍

We are on the Honda S2000 '06 at Autumn Ring until Monday. The Ferrari was last week.

Ph1sher
Now I'm behind

Just go to the times trial section and it'll say at the top in a sticky post. Or you can go to wrs.gtplanet.net and click thread. I
They update the forums and website at the same time. I'm in 5th right now and leading division 2 by .005 lol told you every bit of time helps

Edit:
4th now; )

Last edited:
Just go to the times trial section and it'll say at the top in a sticky post. Or you can go to wrs.gtplanet.net and click thread. I They update the forums and website at the same time. I'm in 5th right now and leading division 2 by .005 lol told you every bit of time helps
What do you have to do to enter and compete? Sorry Im pretty new to the online aspects of GT.

We drive like that around here. We just don't film it. ;)

Step kids are at their dad's this weekend. I'm off Saturday and Sunday, so I'm gonna be there. Have fun racing for second place !!! I'm kidding. I do need to break the car in still since I've only ran 8 laps of Madrid on it.

Oh yea, y'all do know you don't have to ride side by side around the whole track during the pace lap right?? Just be like that after the last corner. It'll be impossible to drive like that around Madrid.

Last edited:
Capp_zpsab89b161.jpg

Race 3: Circuito De Madrid
Car: Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
Laps: 25
Tires: Sports Hards
Date: October 5, 2013
Prize: 1967 Birthday Ticket

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports

"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

The reason The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports is the first thing you read when you get to Turtle Racing League is because if you do not believe this rule applies to you, then you do not need to read any further because this league is not for you. You are encouraged to read and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

-How to Access the Turtle-Home Lounge-

1- Click on GT Mode when you first get on GT5

2- Click on the Community tab on you're left

3- Scroll all the way down, Turtle-Home is at Level 0

4- Click on Turtle-Home and move to the right having your arrow on a coffee cup, Click on the Coffee cup and Join

-Rage Quitting is not allowed, Please type in the chatbox if you have to leave or in the thread.

-Rolling Starts x2-

As Turtles, We all Respect every racer on the track, and Race Fair, and Clean. This is Something I would like to try. The 1st Lap when the race begins, you do Not have to go all out right away. The Racer with the Pole in the 1st race will go around the track at a slow speed leading up to the start. Before we approach the start line on the pace lap, Please try to give as much space in between each racer, and having no contact during a pace lap. I believe us turtles will not hit each other during the pace lap or hopefully not during the race. As we come out of the last turn leading to the start of the race, which in this case would be on Lap 2. The Pole Racer must still be in its pace. as everyone gathers us in a double formation. Now, The Pole sitter has the right of way when to accelerate to begin the race! not the 2nd placer, 3rd or lower. Everyone behind the Pole sitter has to wait until the Pole sitter takes off. You can time it when he does accelerate, however, you must make sure, If you are able to pass the pole sitter before the first turn, you are fine and should be able to go through the first turn clean. However if you were not able to fully successfully pass the pole sitter and the front of your car is by his rear of his car, he has the right of way. Remember this whole thing is the first turn rule! We decided to do double formation, because it would first warm up the tires on pace lap, Not smoke your tires at the beginning, more space to work with when approaching the first turn for a cleaner exist.
--Pace Lap Speed is 60 MPH-70 MPH Depending on track--
-60 MPH FIRST LAP PACE SPEED-

Policies

The First Turn Rule - It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. 4) If you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn.

Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to effectively avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers who are being careful and doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. You can not win the race on the 1st turn or even the 1st lap. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in incidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass on the low side. The trailing driver must also have gained at least a half a car length lead before braking begins so the leading driver can see his position and avoid contact.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. It is a matter to respect every Turtle on the track, as we are competing against each other on the track, we all must remain clean at all times. If you know you made a mistake on the track by pushing a turtle off track, please let them gain their position back. We are Turtle Racing League, and we want to be remembered as a respectful clean racer towards any racer out there. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward. All racing incidents or racing related issues shall be dealt with privately and under no circumstance mentioned publicly.

RACE CLEAN AND HAVE FUN! COME OUT AND JOIN US FOR CLOSE INTENSE RACING!

I'm feeling good about tonight. :)

I was just practicing and got a 1:52.385!

Yes, I might be bragging a little. I've come a long way, only having been racing for about 4 months. :D

BionicDerp
I'm feeling good about tonight. :)

I was just practicing and got a 1:52.385!

Yes, I might be bragging a little. I've come a long way, only having been racing for about 4 months. :D

Good for you derp! 👍 see you tonight! 👍

I had Bob break my car in a few days ago, but have been extremely busy with work and haven't had a chance to actually practice for the race yet. :scared: Going to eat dinner soon and put in some laps before the race tonight. Hopefully I can get used to the car and track combo quickly.

I had Bob break my car in a few days ago, but have been extremely busy with work and haven't had a chance to actually practice for the race yet. :scared: Going to eat dinner soon and put in some laps before the race tonight. Hopefully I can get used to the car and track combo quickly.

It's a little floaty. mind your weight shift and you'll be fine. Just mind the wall on the chicane. :lol:

Cant make it tonight I got to get up early tomorrow. I'm running in an S.C.C.A. autocross event in the morning.

Good race last night guys! I still can't figure out how you guys got into the 1'51's . oh well, it was still a good race too bad we lost a few guys for the second.

Sorry I didn't make it last night, I had to go to a funeral for my friend that had a heart attack the other day. How'd it go? Who hosted last night?

Sorry I didn't make it last night, I had to go to a funeral for my friend that had a heart attack the other day. How'd it go? Who hosted last night?

Garage Father hosted did a good job too. As always. Oh and he won both races.Congrats Garage Father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back