►TURTLE RACING LEAGUE l Saturday Night Enduro Series l Accepting New Members Everyday!Open 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 7,202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might join you guys for some practice for this saturday!

-Also, i'm thinking about soon recording our races, then being able to announce them when viewing the replay. Just an idea, if i can get more free time to do that kind of stuff! 👍

I might join you guys for some practice for this saturday!

-Also, i'm thinking about soon recording our races, then being able to announce them when viewing the replay. Just an idea, if i can get more free time to do that kind of stuff! 👍

"FailRace Vs the Community" style?

BionicDerp
"FailRace Vs the Community" style?

Bo ya!

Edit: not going to make it, going to the movies with da fishboys homeboys

Last edited:
8cmonza_zpsa29e45a4.jpg

Race 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Car: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
Laps: 22
Tires: Racing Hards
Date:
October 12, 2013
Prize: 1966 Birthday Ticket

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports

"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

The reason The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports is the first thing you read when you get to Turtle Racing League is because if you do not believe this rule applies to you, then you do not need to read any further because this league is not for you. You are encouraged to read and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

-How to Access the Turtle-Home Lounge-

1- Click on GT Mode when you first get on GT5

2- Click on the Community tab on you're left

3- Scroll all the way down, Turtle-Home is at Level 0

4- Click on Turtle-Home and move to the right having your arrow on a coffee cup, Click on the Coffee cup and Join

-Rage Quitting is not allowed, Please type in the chatbox if you have to leave or in the thread.

-Rolling Starts x2-

As Turtles, We all Respect every racer on the track, and Race Fair, and Clean. This is Something I would like to try. The 1st Lap when the race begins, you do Not have to go all out right away. The Racer with the Pole in the 1st race will go around the track at a slow speed leading up to the start. Before we approach the start line on the pace lap, Please try to give as much space in between each racer, and having no contact during a pace lap. I believe us turtles will not hit each other during the pace lap or hopefully not during the race. As we come out of the last turn leading to the start of the race, which in this case would be on Lap 2. The Pole Racer must still be in its pace. as everyone gathers us in a double formation. Now, The Pole sitter has the right of way when to accelerate to begin the race! not the 2nd placer, 3rd or lower. Everyone behind the Pole sitter has to wait until the Pole sitter takes off. You can time it when he does accelerate, however, you must make sure, If you are able to pass the pole sitter before the first turn, you are fine and should be able to go through the first turn clean. However if you were not able to fully successfully pass the pole sitter and the front of your car is by his rear of his car, he has the right of way. Remember this whole thing is the first turn rule! We decided to do double formation, because it would first warm up the tires on pace lap, Not smoke your tires at the beginning, more space to work with when approaching the first turn for a cleaner exist.
--Pace Lap Speed is 60 MPH-70 MPH Depending on track--
-70 MPH FIRST LAP PACE SPEED-

Policies

The First Turn Rule - It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. 4) If you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn.

Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to effectively avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers who are being careful and doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. You can not win the race on the 1st turn or even the 1st lap. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in incidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass on the low side. The trailing driver must also have gained at least a half a car length lead before braking begins so the leading driver can see his position and avoid contact.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. It is a matter to respect every Turtle on the track, as we are competing against each other on the track, we all must remain clean at all times. If you know you made a mistake on the track by pushing a turtle off track, please let them gain their position back. We are Turtle Racing League, and we want to be remembered as a respectful clean racer towards any racer out there. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward. All racing incidents or racing related issues shall be dealt with privately and under no circumstance mentioned publicly.

RACE CLEAN AND HAVE FUN! COME OUT AND JOIN US FOR CLOSE INTENSE RACING!

Last edited:
Hey phish, about qualifying tonight. Last week we did one out lap to warm up tires then two hot laps,then pitted. Will we do that tonight?

Socket68
Hey phish, about qualifying tonight. Last week we did one out lap to warm up tires then two hot laps,then pitted. Will we do that tonight?

Ill tell you guys what we plan to do tonight depending on the size of the field.

Ill tell you guys what we plan to do tonight depending on the size of the field.

Should be exciting close racing. johnsom was getting under the 2 min mark (or at least very close) with a car not broken in and without an oil change. Was pretty awesome

Should be exciting close racing. johnsom was getting under the 2 min mark (or at least very close) with a car not broken in and without an oil change. Was pretty awesome

it's just a matter of staying with the pack and focused! :dopey:

it's just a matter of staying with the pack and focused! :dopey:

Is that all? LOL here I've been over complicating it.. Kudos to Derp though boyee! Fish is right you've gotten so much faster definitely the most improved this season. 👍

Is that all? LOL here I've been over complicating it.. Kudos to Derp though boyee! Fish is right you've gotten so much faster definitely the most improved this season. 👍

I learn quickly, but I also hit an early plateau. I might not get much faster than I am now. xD Thanks!

Little early, but turtle-home is open for some Saturday night enduro fun! 👍

-Still time to join us! Hop on in

Last edited:
Couldn't join tonight. Out late to a friends, and by the time race two ends, it'll be well passed 1 AM. Sorry. Just can't manage it tonight guys.

Thanks for all for coming out tonight! Lots of fun! Great battles everywhere on track! See you guys on Wednesday!

-Race Results will be posted as soon as i get race 2 fastest laps, time behind from either speedeemin or johnsom, i forgot to save the results in race 2, because i was editing the google doc for final positions.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hope you guys had fun racing last night. I enjoyed the wedding and talking to some of my buddies I haven't seen in awhile, but I was still itching to race all night. :lol: Ended up out too late, so I couldn't make the 2nd race either.

Hope you guys had fun racing last night. I enjoyed the wedding and talking to some of my buddies I haven't seen in awhile, but I was still itching to race all night. :lol: Ended up out too late, so I couldn't make the 2nd race either.

We had a great time dolph. Sorry you missed it. I know you picked this combo and it was a good one.

Hey maybe us turtle should get a pick up race together this week for dolph. A repeat of Saturday night 23 laps at monza. I'd love to have another go at it. What do you guys think? What do you think dolph?

Thanks for all for coming out tonight! Lots of fun! Great battles everywhere on track! See you guys on Wednesday!

-Race Results will be posted as soon as i get race 2 fastest laps, time behind from either speedeemin or johnsom, i forgot to save the results in race 2, because i was editing the google doc for final positions.

Thanks

sent you the results... check your PM.

7378158908_f219026f59_o.jpg

Race 4: Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Car: Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
Laps: 22
Tires: Racing Hards
Date: October 12, 2013
Prize: 1966 Birthday Ticket

Race 1 - Results

1st Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 1'58.184)
2nd Place: hjhr75-08 (Fastest Lap - 1'58.165 - Pole) +00.066
3rd Place: spyagent1439 (Fastest Lap - 1'58.464) +16.397
4th Place: Garage-Father (Fastest Lap - 1'58.158) +22.518
5th Place: randy1122 (Fastest Lap - 1'58.075) +40.741
6th Place: ThethirdRoy (Fastest Lap - 1'58.173) +44.914
7th Place: SpeedDeemin (Fastest Lap - 1'58.477) +1'19.200
8th Place: TurtleRacer13 (Fastest Lap -2'04.792) -1 Lap Down
9th Place: johnsom (Fastest Lap - 1'58.495) Disconnected

- Turtle Racing League - Race 1 Recap -​

The Turtles arrive in Italy! Hjhr75-08 is able to edge out GTP_Ph7shr in the pole, by less than a hundredths of a second! But that didn't stop the fish! hjhr75-08 and GTP_Ph7shr had probably one of the greatest battles in Turtle Racing League! For 22 Consecutive laps, they went back in forth! Approaching the last turn, hjhr75-08 goes under GTP_Ph7shr, but GTP_Ph7shr brakes early, and floors it keeping a lot of speed on the outside going into the checker flag! Its a drag race!! GTP_Ph7shr was able to edge out hjhr75-08 just by 0.066 ! Great Battle Fellas! spyagent1439 was able to separate himself from the field behind him, but was unable to catch hjhr75-08 and GTP_Ph7shr. Garage-Father made a early mistake on Lap 4 by braking too late, going into the wall on the first chicane, but was able to bounce back putting him at the 4th position in race 1. randy1122 couldn't put a fight against the fast guys that were coming after them, but when randy1122 is alone, he is fast! randy1122 finished a great 5th Place finish in Race 1. ThethirdRoy make a couple mistakes, including going off track, which put him down to 6th, but learned from the mistakes, and got faster as the race went on! SpeedDeemin wasn't able to keep his lap times consistent, though he was very fast around italy, He couldn't keep it on track at most times. Once he gets the line down, SpeedDeemin is underway! SpeedDeemin was able to get 7th Place in race 1. To round out the field in race 1, TurtleRacer13 aka BustedFoSho, couldn't get the hang of this combo, as it looks like, once he got it too 2nd gear around a turn, he thought he could make it around the turn, but was carrying too much speed through some turns. TurtleRacer13 was able to finish 8th! Keep at it!

Race 2 - Results

1st Place: GTP_Ph7shr (Fastest Lap - 1'57.368)
2nd Place: spyagent1439 (Fastest Lap -1'57.445) +17.131
3rd Place: johnsom (Fastest Lap - 1'58.633) +25.875
4th Place: SpeedDeemin (Fastest Lap - 1'58.396) +37.916
5th Place: ThethirdRoy (Fastest Lap - 1'59.190) +43.662
6th Place: randy1122 (Fastest Lap - 1'59.028) +1'14.654
7th Place: Garage-Father (Fastest Lap - Rage Quitted)

- Turtle Racing League - Race 2 Recap -

As others couldn't make the second race like hjhr75-08 and turtleracer13. It opened it up a little more for GTP_Ph7shr, but wasn't as easy as he thought. He had great competition from spyagent1439, Garage-Father, and SpeedDeemin, though GTP_Ph7shr was able to bring race 2's victory home! Spyagent1439 was behind GTP_Ph7shr for most of the race, with 2 laps to go, spyagent1439 went too hard into the S turn that leads into the straight away into the final turn. Spyagent was able to get a very awesome 2nd Place finish! johnsom was able to get a very good run on thethirdroy in the beginning of the race, and got up to 3rd Place, which gets johnsom's first podium of placing 3rd place in the first 4 weeks! SpeedDeemin went off tack several times, but was still managed to get an great 4th Place finish, as hes getting much faster lap times as the race went on. ThethirdRoy, as i said had a great battle with johnsom, but made a few minor mistakes that allowed johnsom to get by. randy1122 had competition all over him earlier in the race, though he worked with his lap times throughout the race, randy1122 was able to crack into the 1'59s and stay up with the pack early in the race, but the pack soon left. Garage-Father simply called it a night, after running into the wall on the first chicane.

Final Results - Turtle Racing League

1st Place: GTP_Ph7shr (96 Points)
2nd Place: spyagent1439 (87 Points)
3rd Place: randy1122 (69 Points ~ Tie Breaker ~ 1'58.075)
4th Place: Garage-Father (69 Points ~ Tie Breaker ~ 1'58.158)
5th Place: ThethirdRoy (69 Points ~ Tie Breaker ~ 1'58.173)
6th Place: SpeedDeemin (69 Points ~ Tie Breaker ~ 1'58.396)
7th Place: johnsom (66 Points)
8th Place: hjhr75-08 (47 Points - Pole)
9th Place: TurtleRacer13 (27 Points)

-Turtle Racing League Preview - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 at Indy Road Course -

The Turtles haul their rockets back on their Shells to head back to the U.S.A, as they will all be arriving in Indianapolis on wednesday for some practice! GTP_Ph7shr made a big statement that he could keep up with the pack last week at monza, by beating several fast turtles. though theres more competition behind the fish, as they may know Indy Road Course very well! Indy Road Course shall bring a lot of excitement as we may get more turtles at the track on saturday night! Join us on saturday night to watch the fastest turtles you will ever see in your life! Because i tell ya, These Turtles are starting to get some turbos on their shells now! Their all becoming very fast! So Join us next saturday to find out what happens?!

Last edited:
I'm sure it was a great race. I hoped to be there, but I was busy celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. By the way, happy Thanksgiving to all of the Canadian turtles!

Monday Rant!!
Congrats to the F1sh on yet another win, way to dominate bro 👍 and to my homie Socket68 for pulling off a 4 way tiebreaker to take 3rd overall by a little less than 1/10 of a second DOUBLE 👍 👍 bro! Now lets all bow our heads in silence for Garagefather whom in a moment of what can only be assumed as utter disappointment (both for him and TRL) rage "quitted". SAY IT AIN"T SO Garage! I was going to correct F1sher with a resounding "quitted isn't a word moron". Guess what? It turns out that it actually is LOL however it's one of only a handful of words in the dictionary that doesn't use the word in a sentence. Probably, because it sounds so illiterate they couldn't bare to write it. I wasn't satisfied with this explanation so I referenced ye ol'reliable, the URBAN DICTIONARY and here's where the word actually came from. 1. QUITTED - The word was originated from nexon where the programmers couldn't spell properly. In the game maplestory when a person quits the guild a message will appear saying "____ have quitted the guild." As a result this has affected millions of people world wide into thinking that quitted is actually a word. I have quitted maplestory (damnit why did I say quitted when I know it's quit?) So with a heavy heart and a brave face we all look towards the AMG @ Indy and a remedial English/Comp course for the F1sh LOL beat you to it Derp

I'm sure it was a great race. I hoped to be there, but I was busy celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. By the way, happy Thanksgiving to all of the Canadian turtles!

You guys have a Turkey Day and its in October? Well I hope it's not the twisted fake symbol of humbleness we yanks hide behind every year. I remember we used to perpetuate this illusion with images of pilgrims sitting down to a huge feast with our fellow Native Americans LMAO we must've plundered their food sources and slaughtered their women and children after dinner on those days :dopey: U.S. should just slap Columbus Day and Thanksgiving together and call it "We did WHAT!?" day and celebrate it for what it is, a "travesty". Just 5% more Navajo blood and I'd be getting a big fat check every year instead of a tax bill. Oh well, guess I'll have to be satisfied with my mostly MEXICAN blood, hey does anyone else smell tamales? :drool: That smell is so good, its how us mexiCANs know its getting close to le Navidad.

Last edited:
Yup, that was a Monday rant. xD

A) What was I beat to? :lol:

B) Yeah, Canada had a holiday yesterday, but oh well, I don't celebrate any of them anyways. :lol:

Good racing on saturday @ Monza. I couldn't quite keep up with the leaders pace even without a pit stop in the 2nd. Very good combo but I may be a little partial because Monza is one of my favorite tracks. Congrats Ph1sher on the win you have gotten much faster than when I first raced with you! On a side note, the following day at my local nascar go cart park. I was black flagged for "bumping & blocking" which translates to my buddy tried to fit between me and the rail with no luck. I tried to explain to the "stewards" that I was hit not doing the hitting but I had actually made a good save when I was hit. I consider myself a clean driver that tries to practice good racecraft in the virtual world so I thought it was hilarious to be called out for poor driving in a place full of bad driving. Oh well thats my monday rant, not as good as Busted though! See you guys at Indy!

Good racing on saturday @ Monza. I couldn't quite keep up with the leaders pace even without a pit stop in the 2nd. Very good combo but I may be a little partial because Monza is one of my favorite tracks. Congrats Ph1sher on the win you have gotten much faster than when I first raced with you! On a side note, the following day at my local nascar go cart park. I was black flagged for "bumping & blocking" which translates to my buddy tried to fit between me and the rail with no luck. I tried to explain to the "stewards" that I was hit not doing the hitting but I had actually made a good save when I was hit. I consider myself a clean driver that tries to practice good racecraft in the virtual world so I thought it was hilarious to be called out for poor driving in a place full of bad driving. Oh well thats my monday rant, not as good as Busted though! See you guys at Indy!

Yes you are a clean racer thirdroy.We raced together quite a bit Saturday night.
U and I both had our troubles in race two.
If you remember when myself, Johnsom and you were racing together, you unfortantly spun in that last set of esse's. I thought I'd just follow Johnsom thru but with dust in the air I couldn't see anything and I collided with you.
It gave me a 9 second collision penalty, thanks for waiting as that's what we're suppose to do. But in hind site don't guess you really had to if you would have known I'd gotten a penalty.

I'm sure you were wondering"what in the world is he waiting on" but I'm sure that put us to far back to make a good run towards the front.

I wonder what the ruling would be on that situation. Maybe someone more experienced than me could let me know.

Last edited:
3forSpeed

Thanks Roy! 👍

I have recently received a returned 1967 Birthday Car Ticket. It was not and never shall be required should any of you receive a prize in error. However, in doing so the initial recipient of the ticket alerted me to a second error made in the prize issuance for 1st place in the Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95 @ Circuito De Madrid on October 5, 2013. The actual 1st place prize goes to the BionicDerp for two second place finishes and the Pole. Outstanding Derp, you've got my vote for rookie of the year if there is one 👍. I apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience this may have caused the prize will be issued immediately and thank you for your patience.

Fraternally yours,
TurtlePrizer

Yes you are a clean racer thirdroy.We raced together quite a bit Saturday night. U and I both had our troubles in race two. If you remember when myself, Johnsom and you were racing together, you unfortantly spun in that last set of esse's. I thought I'd just follow Johnsom thru but with dust in the air I couldn't see anything and I collided with you. It gave me a 9 second collision penalty, thanks for waiting as that's what we're suppose to do. But in hind site don't guess you really had to if you would have known I'd gotten a penalty. I'm sure you were wondering"what in the world is he waiting on" but I'm sure that put us to far back to make a good run towards the front. I wonder what the ruling would be on that situation. Maybe someone more experienced than me could let me know.
thank you Randy. Im not sure what the official ruling would be in that case. I usually try to let the person by me if I feel I might have been in the wrong. I dont usually get too upset over race incidents. I noticed I had a little different brake points than some. Especially the 2nd chicane I seemed to be braking way earlier than you guys (in some places a lil later like the esses). In the cases where there is dust flying I use the Cole Trickle hammer down lane and hope for the best and expect the worst! Always good racing with ya!

BionicDerp
Yay. Non-existant rookie of the year award. :lol: Hopefully I don't wrong this claim in the SLS. :)

Presssuuree is onnn!! :lol: kidding!

Now that I think of it, you and me derp! Are the young gun turtles! :lol: no? Ah okay. Whoops

Btw congrats on the rookie award! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back