►TURTLE RACING LEAGUE l Saturday Night Enduro Series l Accepting New Members Everyday!Open 

• Thread starter Ph1sh
  • 7,202 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TX! i was at church like always, Thanks for coming out! Oh boy sounds like you guys are running fast laps up there!

Sounds good TX! Take Care man! Hope to see you on the grid soon!
Maybe we should move practice to tuesday night would be fine with me

If they were an hour or two earlier, I could. I'm not busy, it just gets really late. :/

like I would love to make that change for you derp but then others wouldn't make it and I want as many turtles to be able to make it

-UPDATE-
Refer to the race schedule, as I have gotten a couple tracks down, about to do some testing soon and the final 5 weeks are set. Thanks to all that have raced with us! Means a lot! We will be moving forward to GT6 after the last Saturday for Turtle Racing League!

again, Thanks! This has been one of the greatest experiences in my life! Lots of fun! So much memories! And GT6 will bring much more great Turtle Racing League memories! 👍

:cheers:

Last edited:
I regret to inform you guys that I can't race at Daytona this Saturday. I'm visiting my grandmother this weekend, so I'll be unavailable. Good luck to you all!

I regret to inform you guys that I can't race at Daytona this Saturday. I'm visiting my grandmother this weekend, so I'll be unavailable. Good luck to you all!

Ah man! That sucks! Have a good time over there!

sorry for the double post guys but just wanted to announce some things!

Our Final and Last race on GT5 is approaching, if you go to the first page and read the schedule, you will notice something very interesting to wrap it up! If you have made your 2 decisions that you want to enter the grand finale of turtle racing league on GT5, please PM me what you have decided. (You pick your car you want to run that race, and you get to select your tires for that race) See you guys tomorrow night! The Daytona 500 is going to be awesome!!👍

Superspeedway-Daytona_zps7c395e84.jpg

Special Class Race: The Psycho Daytona 500
Track: Daytona International Speedway
Cars: 2010 or 2011 Nascars
Laps: 200
Tires: Open
Damage: Heavy
Date:
November 2, 2013
Special Prize: Ticket Level 24 AND $10 PSN Card

The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports

"It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free."

The reason The "Golden Rule" of Motorsports is the first thing you read when you get to Turtle Racing League is because if you do not believe this rule applies to you, then you do not need to read any further because this league is not for you. You are encouraged to read and adhere to the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules and exercise Good Racecraft at all times, especially in turn 1.

-How to Access the Turtle-Home Lounge-

1- Click on GT Mode when you first get on GT5

2- Click on the Community tab on you're left

3- Scroll all the way down, Turtle-Home is at Level 0

4- Click on Turtle-Home and move to the right having your arrow on a coffee cup, Click on the Coffee cup and Join

-Rage Quitting is not allowed, Please type in the chatbox if you have to leave or in the thread.

-Rolling Starts x2-

As Turtles, We all Respect every racer on the track, and Race Fair, and Clean. This is Something I would like to try. The 1st Lap when the race begins, you do Not have to go all out right away. The Racer with the Pole in the 1st race will go around the track at a slow speed leading up to the start. Before we approach the start line on the pace lap, Please try to give as much space in between each racer, and having no contact during a pace lap. I believe us turtles will not hit each other during the pace lap or hopefully not during the race. As we come out of the last turn leading to the start of the race, which in this case would be on Lap 2. The Pole Racer must still be in its pace. as everyone gathers us in a double formation. Now, The Pole sitter has the right of way when to accelerate to begin the race! not the 2nd placer, 3rd or lower. Everyone behind the Pole sitter has to wait until the Pole sitter takes off. You can time it when he does accelerate, however, you must make sure, If you are able to pass the pole sitter before the first turn, you are fine and should be able to go through the first turn clean. However if you were not able to fully successfully pass the pole sitter and the front of your car is by his rear of his car, he has the right of way. Remember this whole thing is the first turn rule! We decided to do double formation, because it would first warm up the tires on pace lap, Not smoke your tires at the beginning, more space to work with when approaching the first turn for a cleaner exist.
--Pace Lap Speed is 60 MPH-70 MPH Depending on track--
- Start with Rolling X2-

Policies

The First Turn Rule - It is the policy of this league for you to hold your position in turn 1 and not try to improve it unless the following situations occur: 1) The driver directly in front of you is asleep on the start. 2) The driver directly in front of you runs off course with at least 2 wheels off the track. 3) Obvious race incidents that must be avoided. 4) If you are able to fully draft past someone without incident or disruption to the other driver(s) with a reasonable distance before approaching the first turn.
Holding your position in the first turn is limited to the first turn on the first lap. This rule is in place for 2 reason: (1) to effectively avoid incidents in the first turn, and (2) so that drivers who are being careful and doing their part to avoid incidents in the 1st turn of are not taken advantage of. There is no sense in causing an incident in the congestion of the first turn. You can not win the race on the 1st turn or even the 1st lap. If a complaint is filed, the decision we make will be one that promotes an incident free first turn. (1st turn rule doesn't affect here, though be careful on the first few laps.

Dive Bombing

Dive bombing is unacceptable, and only results in incidents. It is not the same as passing under braking. Dive-bombing is when a trailing car intentionally brakes late to dive underneath the car in front of them as they are turning into a corner. The trailing driver must move to the low groove for at least 3-4 seconds prior to corner entry so that the leading driver can see the trailing drivers intentions in his mirror. However, running the low groove is not a guarantee that he will allow you to pass, it is only an indication that you wish to pass on the low side. The trailing driver must also have gained at least a half a car length lead before braking begins so the leading driver can see his position and avoid contact.

Race Incidents

Legitimate complaints are encouraged, they insure a better racing environment for everyone. Complaints should be addressed by "Private Message" to the race steward of the race in which the incident occurred. It is a matter to respect every Turtle on the track, as we are competing against each other on the track, we all must remain clean at all times. If you know you made a mistake on the track by pushing a turtle off track, please let them gain their position back. We are Turtle Racing League, and we want to be remembered as a respectful clean racer towards any racer out there. Please include race number, lap number, and time of incident. A ruling will be announced after a video review by an independent steward. All racing incidents or racing related issues shall be dealt with privately and under no circumstance mentioned publicly.

- Attention - If you spin out somebody causing them to give damage which puts them in the pits, you must follow them into the pits. it was your responsibility that caused this wreck. Damage is on heavy so save your car!

also be aware of cars coming out of the pits, if you are coming out of the pits, and a racer is approaching you, you MUST stay under the yellow line, do NOT go on track when cars are approaching you, If you come out of the pits and no one is in your area, you are free to safely enter the track. If somehow a car enters the track and is on the inside in turn 1, and you are approaching the cars, be ready to take in inside lane.

If you are several laps down and the leaders are approaching you, please let them by as they dont want to be stuck behind a lap car, however that lap car is free to help the leaders push them if the leaders want them too.

- Microphones -

The use of microphones is available in this race, but must remain super silent, the use of these microphones are mainly going to be used for when you are pitting if you are in a group of guys, or if you are telling them for partnering up and drafting each other, or asking if a spin out / damage was your fault if you need to follow that racer into the pits.

RACE CLEAN AND HAVE FUN! COME OUT AND JOIN US FOR CLOSE INTENSE RACING!

Last edited:
My birthday is today so I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not tonight. I really want to race tonight but we'll see around 9:30 EST tonight.

My birthday is today so I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not tonight. I really want to race tonight but we'll see around 9:30 EST tonight.

well hey! Happy birthday dude!! :lol: sounds good hope to see you there

Hey all I might be a couple minutes late but I will be there like 5 or so depends Ill keep you all updated (someone wired connection) can you host tonight

If they were an hour or two earlier, I could. I'm not busy, it just gets really late. :/
Are you turning back the clock tonight? Or is it just a U.S. thing? If so, you get an extra hour. Maybe you could get one last race in with us. :)

Go ahead guys start it.. sorry guys my mom had a heart attack going to hostipal

Thanks dolph. I hope so.. she's in the room with like 5 docters. I don't know if she's okay or not yet...

Dolph or any other host there save the replay

Someone can you do the results sometime this week if you get time

How'd the race go?

Last edited:
Thanks dolph. I hope so.. she's in the room with like 5 docters. I don't know if she's okay or not yet...

Dolph or any other host there save the replay

Someone can you do the results sometime this week if you get time

How'd the race go?
Hoping for the best for ya, man. 👍

There wasn't a real big turnout for the race. I think we had about 6 or 7 guys to start. Bionic did show up for about an hour of the race. I know TheThirdRoy was there, but left partway through the race. Hjhr narrowly held off Garage-Father for victory. I was right behind them in 3rd, though a lap down because I got damage on lap 3 (I barely got into the back of Garage when he brushed the wall, and it gave me major engine damage for some reason). Latenight-rider was 4th, and Busted had some issues with trying to get onto pit road for several laps and lost a ton of time, finishing 5th. I think that was it. But there might have been one more guy that was in the race who may have dropped out, and I apologize if there was and can't remember who. Or I could be completely wrong and there were no other racers at all. I'd have to watch the replay to see who all started the race.

@Dolph

Latenight Rider was there as well. Whoever spun early in the race had turned left in front of me. I was in their back left blindspot.

Hope your mom is ok ph1sh!

Found out today she's going to be okay..thank Jesus! thanks guys means a lot...last night was rough for me..

Might be racing less often now since I'm going to have to take care of my mom and take her places since my dad is always working in the datokas

On the other side, I might be going to cali for a racing school and ill be racibg in formula cars (formula 3s) and more.

Found out today she's going to be okay..thank Jesus! thanks guys means a lot...last night was rough for me..

Might be racing less often now since I'm going to have to take care of my mom and take her places since my dad is always working in the datokas

On the other side, I might be going to cali for a racing school and ill be racibg in formula cars (formula 3s) and more.
Awesome that your mom is ok! When you are out there racing pro one day don't forget all of us Turtles! :gtpflag:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 9
Thanks Roy! Hey ill make sure they will put a sticker on my car saying viva la turtles and turtle racing league :lol:

Is that pictures of when you and me had that battle at autumn ring back then with the crz tc?

Thanks Roy! Hey ill make sure they will put a sticker on my car saying viva la turtles and turtle racing league :lol:

Is that pictures of when you and me had that battle at autumn ring back then with the crz tc?
It sure is, that is back when I could keep up with ya lol! ;)

The Psycho Daytona 500 Results

1st Place: hjhr75-08 (Fastest Lap - 41.236)
2nd Place: Garage-father (Fastest Lap - 41.626) +0.169
3rd Place: DolphDrago (Fastest Lap - 41.298) +44.012
4th Place: Latenight-Rider (Fastest Lap - 41.380 - Pole) +1'29.383
5th Place: BustedFoSho (Fastest Lap - 42.298) -10 Laps Down
6th Place: ThethirdRoy (Fastest Lap - 40.984) Disconnected?

BionicDerp - DNF

Also, glad to hear your mom's okay, Ph1sh. I can't imagine having to go through something like that yet.

Edit: Thanks, Ph1sher for how to do color. I haven't done any coding in a couple of years. Takes me back. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back