• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay. Send me a PM on how I can access it.:)

This is my 999th post. I'm saving the 1000th post for the pic's of my new seat and my ButtKicker.

Okay, I'll send you the info. Can't wait to see those pics and pre-congrats on 1000 posts! :cheers:

carboneyes
I would like to join!

PSN/GTP: Carboneyes
Car/Wheel: Matt Green / Blue

Sorry I missed this yesterday! Welcome to S.P.E.C! I'll update your info now and send you a fr as soon as I get home, unless zer05ive beats me to it. See you tonight!!

cmbeal317

Sorry I missed this yesterday! Welcome to S.P.E.C! I'll update your info now and send you a fr as soon as I get home, unless zer05ive beats me to it. See you tonight!!

cmbeal317

I had to log onto the D2 account just now to add a new Snail, so I went ahead and added carboneyes too. However, I just sent tcrash the login credentials to the D2 account so I'll leave it to you guys to add all S.P.E.C. members going forward. 👍

I might be a little late tonight guys. Just a small heads up.

That reminds me.. I probably won't be able to race tonight and will likely miss a large portion of the season. Hope you guys have fun tonight!

P.S. I'm not sure how big the grid size will be tonight, but I bet advertising kendawg's prize in the S.N.A.I.L. thread might fill the grid pretty fast. ;)

Here's some pics of my new ButtKicker set up and also my new Scat racing seat. The ButtKicker with the new seat is freakin awesome! Using the rubber isolators and attaching them to all parts of my PlaySeat, I'm not just getting the seat to shake but I also feel it in my pedals and my steering wheel.
IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

I'm sure we are going to have a full grid tonight:)👍

See everyone at Nurburgring GP/F tonight.

You just using one gamer 2? I think I'll be ordering one next week and adapt to my wooden rig. Hope it works OK.

One will work quite well 👍 However, if you really need to feel when you hit the left wall and then the right one ... :)

Make sure you get some rubber isolators for your rig, makes shaking it work so much better. You can see them in tcrashs pictures. You don't have to get them from Buttkicker, but they have them.

I'm gonna have to get creative with the rubber isolators as I'm using a 2 PC moduler wood and metal hybrid rig. I should call it " The Franken-Rig"

2012-09-14002716.jpg

This was my V2 and I've since made futher modifications to raise the range of the pedals and recline the angle of the seat. Beefed it up a bit to. The thing is rock solid, as you would expect from a Franken-Rig, and it also comes apart for storage in under 2 seconds. Keeps wife happy and the kids from being temped to jump all over it.

Last edited:
I will not be making the grid tonight. 4.5 hour trip ahead of me and I'm just now leaving. Good luck all.

Oshawa-Joe
I'm gonna have to get creative with the rubber isolators as I'm using a 2 PC moduler wood and metal hybrid rig. I should call it " The Franken-Rig"

This was my V2 and I've since made futher modifications to raise the range of the pedals and recline the angle of the seat. Beefed it up a bit to. The thing is rock solid, as you would expect from a Franken-Rig, and it also comes apart for storage in under 2 seconds. Keeps wife happy and the kids from being temped to jump all over it.

Looks like 6 would do the trick. Four for the seat and two for the pedals. The two for the pedals would keep everything on the same plane and not stress the attachment point for the pedals.

Just did a practice race to figure out tyre strategy and I was wondering something, why do we give the person that is leading into the caution lap the points? Why don't we give it to the person that's leading at the end because a lot of people usually pits during the lap?

Just did a practice race to figure out tyre strategy and I was wondering something, why do we give the person that is leading into the caution lap the points? Why don't we give it to the person that's leading at the end because a lot of people usually pits during the lap?

Because you're are racing to the caution just like you're racing to the checkered flag.

Hey Tom,
If the caution lap starts at lap 13 and the pits are closed on lap 12. Pitting on lap 11 changing tire compounds then taking the caution on lap 13. Is THIS O.K. in making the tire compound change? Or should you pit on lap 10. :confused:

kendawg
Hey Tom,
If the caution lap starts at lap 13 and the pits are closed on lap 12. Pitting on lap 11 changing tire compounds then taking the caution on lap 13. Is THIS O.K. in making the tire compound change? Or should you pit on lap 10. :confused:

Not that your asking me but, as I understood it last Saturday, you have to run one out lap and one hot lap under green to get credit for the "other" compound.

Hey Tom,

Yes. It's okay. If that's the drivers choice. Just remember, you cannot pit the lap before the caution laps, which are laps 13 and 28. So, you can't pit on laps 12 or 27. If you want to pit any other time, so be it. Just remember, points are given for the first 5 that cross the start/finish line to start the cautions. Points and participation are important now for the prizes that are advertised.

When you make your tire compound change is up to that driver. But you must run at least 1 FULL race lap on said compound. Your out lap does not count.

It's up to each individual to plan their pit strategy:)

Good Luck To All:tup:

Last edited:
So those almost 100% chances I wouldn't be racing with you vanished this morning (I was going to stay on school all the afternoon to check my schedule, but it has been delayed to Monday) You will see me around today..

Good luck to you guys!!!

Well that was very fun for my first SNAIL race. I had good pace in the first stint, but I made some poor strategy decisions and by the third stint I was left with old tires and I lost my concentration. Sorry for plowing into the chicane.

Anyway I had fun and hope to be more competitive next week without the driver errors.

Oh man, so far, this is the best Saturday night race I've ever raced yet, the the trains that were formed just after the caution laps and the little battles I had (tcrash :D:tup:, chatva :D:tup:)

Sadly my luck worn out when I crashed into the pit barrier :indiff: I was on the way to do a sub 2:07 lap, so I was sad because of that and not because I dropped like 8 places.

The car is just... wow... it's a bless with the tires and fuel and it is very quick

Good racing everyone

Season 12 Race 1

1st Caution lap 13
1. Brandofo.....................5
2. Vail............................4
3. AJHG..........................3
4. Martin........................2
5. Dangerzone.................1

2nd Caution Lap 28
1. Kendawg......................5
2. Martin.........................4
3. tcrash.........................3
4. Jbowler........................2
5. rossi............................1

Finish
1. Jbowler.........................16
2. Martin...........................15
3. Kendawg.......................14
4. Vail...............................13
5. rossi..............................12
6. tcrash...........................11
7. brando...........................10
8. speedfreak......................9
9. chatva............................8
10. Ice Warden....................7
11. Dangerzone....................6
12. AJHG.............................5
13. Goat..............................4
14. RacingChamp...................3
15. cmbeal............................2
16. Da Panda Bear..................1

Overall / Results
1. Martin...............................21
2. Kendawg............................19
3. Jbowler..............................18
4. Vail....................................17
5. brando...............................16 (pole)
6. tcrash................................14
7. rossi...................................13
8. speedfreak..........................9
9. AJHG..................................8
10. Chatva..............................8
11. Dangerzone........................7
12. Ice Warden........................7
13. Goat.................................4
14. RacingChamp......................3
15. cmbeal...............................2
16. Da Panda Bear.....................1

Well, That was just like some awsome racing. I was trying to tell my spotter to go over and tell Martin's spotter that my eyes wear watering and to just go on by. Concentration level for 2 hours was getting to me. BUT IT was SOOO much fun.

Good job Jbowler, Martin and everyone else. It is going to be a great season if all the other races are like this one..👍👍:cheers::cheers:

Tonight was the first time I have ever disconnected from a gt5 lobby. As frustrated as I was over that I'm kinda ok with it, I wasn't having that well of a time. Actually it was pretty bad for me. I'm just not a fan of lower power cars. Maybe they give you too much time to make mistakes or maybe it's because you can't turn them with the rear wheels when you want to.

Well that was very fun for my first SNAIL race. I had good pace in the first stint, but I made some poor strategy decisions and by the third stint I was left with old tires and I lost my concentration. Sorry for plowing into the chicane.

Anyway I had fun and hope to be more competitive next week without the driver errors.

Awesome, glad you had fun and thanks for the feedback! At least you won't have to worry about strategy decisions tomorrow night! :sly:

Well! I must say that tonight's race was awesome. I want to thank the newcomers to SPEC for checking it out and by the looks of it, you enjoyed the race. I hope you can race with us for the whole season.

Looking forward in seeing everyone next week at Motegi Road Course. I know a great place for sushi just down the block from the track.

Back