• Only DLC Tracks

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Only DLC Cars

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • No DLC

Votes: 22 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's alright if I miss the night, I don't want to hold everyone up, so if it's not on by 10, I'll post if we still don't have power. In the event of me not making it, hope everyone has a great time tonight and I'll definitely be back next week!

Chris

That's going to bite the big one if you can't race. I'll check the thread before we start the race.

That's going to bite the big one if you can't race. I'll check the thread before we start the race.

Looks like I'll be a definite out, got a hold of the electric company and now we've got an estimate of 11:30pm at the earliest. :( Have fun with out me guys!

Chris

For some reason, I can't get connected to the GT5 servers and I just got disconnected from PSN, I don't think I will make it for tonight's race

On second thought, I'll be racing since the power just came back on. I'll use the SNAIL D2 account like last week. I may need some time to get everything ready so just wait till I'm ready to start the race, qualifying can start as normal at 10pm.

On second thought, I'll be racing since the power just came back on. I'll use the SNAIL D2 account like last week. I may need some time to get everything ready so just wait till I'm ready to start the race, qualifying can start as normal at 10pm.

We'll wait for you.

Really tcrash dive booking? Did you spin out or go off the track? Your,er gunna kick me out of room cause I,m quicker than you. I,ve been ruffed up but never complained! Thanks for the good racing but I don't have to take threats when it's just racing. you have a good league to bad you have people making threats during the race for no good reason!

It was brought to my attention that tcrash did not make the statement I heard during the race. I want to apologize first to tcrash and the other racers. I had just made what I thought was a clean passing attempt and then heard the comment about me and my racing and was extremely upset about it. I could not continue the race without messing it up for everyone else so I dc,ed. I sorry for jumping to conclusions tcrash and hope you can and everyone else understand. I don't take kindly to threats or accusations that I feel are not true. I know I,m the new guy but I,ve tried to race you all clean and have a good time doing it. Thank you for allowing me to participate and again tcrash I,m very sorry!

Really tcrash dive booking? Did you spin out or go off the track? Your,er gunna kick me out of room cause I,m quicker than you. I,ve been ruffed up but never complained! Thanks for the good racing but I don't have to take threats when it's just racing. you have a good league to bad you have people making threats during the race for no good reason!

First, it's called 'Dive Bombing' and if you weren't doing it, why did you leave. I gave you the benefit of the doubt 3 times. 4 times is enough for anyone!!!!

If you need to make any further remarks about this, send me a PM.

Thanks!

Season 12 race 2

1st Caution lap 14
1. Brando.......................5
2. Kendawg....................4
3. rossi..........................3
4. Adventuruss................2
5. Vail............................1

2nd Caution lap 30
1. Brando........................5
2. Jbowler.......................4
3. Kendawg.....................3
4. Vail............................2
5. cmbeal........................1

Finish
1. Brando.........................16
2. Jbowler........................15
3. Vail.............................14
4. Kendawg......................13
5. rossi............................12
6. Adventuruss..................11
7. tcrash..........................10
8. Chatva.........................9
9. Goat.............................8
10. RacingChamp................7
11. cmbeal.........................6

Overall / Results
1. Brando..........................27 (pole) 1 point
2. Kendawg.......................20
3. Jbowler.........................19
4. Vail...............................17
5. rossi.............................15
6. Adventuruss...................13
7. tcrash...........................10
8. Chatva..........................9
9. Goat.............................8
10. RacingChamp................7
11. cmbeal........................7

Season 12 Race 2 Highlights

47 laps at Motegi. Brando is on the pole with 11 racers to follow him

Turn one. Brando leads Kendawg and the rest of the field

tcrash, Adventuruss and chatva go three wide down the straight

Goat and RacingChamp chasing the field through the double apex

The battle for fourth place sees Vail being followed by 5 other racers

chatva running it wide into the sand. tcrash looks to make the pass

Kendawg, Rossi and Jbowler battle for second place

Jbowler runs it wide coming out of turn one on the 5th lap

Jbowler can't save it

Adventuruss gets by Vail on an inside move through the double apex

Brando is the leader at the first caution

Adventuruss leading the field on the re-start

Jbowler makes an inside move on Adventuruss in turn one

Adventuruss gets the lead back on an outside move through the double apex

Vail through the S's fighting for 3rd position

Jbowler making the inside move to move back into first

Adventuruss getting off track heading up the back section

He can't hang on to it and losses second postion

Brando leading at the second caution

Some stay out why others make pit stops during the last caution

Jbowler leading the field around during the caution laps

Going through turn one after the re-start

Rossi gets a short cut penalty while follow Jbowler

Rossi losses positions

Kendawg smoking the rear tire as chatva is close

Brando making the move on Jbowler for the lead

Kendawg makes an inside move on Jbowler for second place

Jbowler fights back down the straight

Adventuruss makes it three wide

Kendawg outbreaks Jbowler and Adventuruss into the double apex

Jbowler runs it wide through the double apex

Kendawg gets it loose coming off the last turn

Kendawg can't hang on a looses second place

Now Adventuruss looses through the tricky double apex turn while running in 2nd

Jbowler making the pass on Vail to move up into 2nd

Brando takes the win at Motegi

Jbowler gets second place

Vail gets on the podium in 3rd

Epic post! Thanks for putting that together, kendawg. Excellent pics and commentary as always. :)

It wasn't one of the best. Didn't have alot of time for the commentary but I did hopfully get some good pics. The racing was good as always.

I'm thinking for next season we should make a rule change:

You have to run a full segment on hards'
- Start to first caution
- first caution to second caution
- or, second caution to finish

What do yaw think of this?

I know I just jumped in for this season, but tires and fuel is not a factor with this car. I don't know that a full segment on hard tires would fix anything with this car. Everyone would run them the first or second segment and put the softs on for the last segment. There isn't even an advantage to being able to run two full segments on one set of softs because of the caution.

Even with my limited experience in this series, I'm pretty sure the issue here is the car and not the format so much.

- Start to first caution

Or in other words, one full stint (In the given case), I mean, I had no problems driving complete stints with hard tires a few seasons ago (before boost was added), and making it mandatory to run a full stint of hard tires sounds like we have to think a lot more about the strategy, which I think it's pretty good

And ken, that was a nice commentary post, you made me want to be there :D:tup:.

- Start to first caution

I know I just jumped in for this season, but tires and fuel is not a factor with this car. I don't know that a full segment on hard tires would fix anything with this car. Everyone would run them the first or second segment and put the softs on for the last segment. There isn't even an advantage to being able to run two full segments on one set of softs because of the caution.

Even with my limited experience in this series, I'm pretty sure the issue here is the car and not the format so much.

First, I want to say that kendawg has done it again! Another great highlight reel, so to speak, of last Sunday's race. I want to thank you for taking the time to put the highlights together each week to show people what they're missing.

As for the tire issue, I have to agree with bowler. The car is an awesome car to drive but it just doesn't wear the tires like other cars we raced. Fuel consumption is rather non-existent also.

So, how about this, for this car, for the remainder of the season, we set tire/fuel on fast not normal. I think your race strategy would change then.

When we raced the Vette last season, you had to pit, mostly for fuel but for tires.

As for the tire issue, I have to agree with bowler. The car is an awesome car to drive but it just doesn't wear the tires like other cars we raced. Fuel consumption is rather non-existent also.

So, how about this, for this car, for the remainder of the season, we set tire/fuel on fast not normal. I think your race strategy would change then.

When we raced the Vette last season, you had to pit, mostly for fuel but for tires.

That is why I was thinking about next season. I don't like changing things in the middle of a season.
If you had to run a set of hard tires for a segment then it would make it difficult to run the board.

I agree with Jbowler's comment. Everyone would run the last segment on softs and the first or second on hards.

I was thinking about the tire wear fuel consumption on fast but didn't think anyone would be up for it. It would make for more strategy by changing it to fast.

That is why I was thinking a few weeks ago what guys would think about running soft and mediums. The mediums are just a second or two off the pace of the softs. So, some guys might run the mediums a whole segment and catch a guy running on softs a whole segment.

OR, I know this is throwing things out there. But, we have three segments. So what about running all three compounds. One compound per segment.
Just a thought..:)

Aren't we sticking to S.NA.I.L's off weekends? (Christmas, new year and other holidays)

Actually, the Sunday calendar is completely unrelated to what's done in S.P.E.C. (or any other S.N.A.I.L. event for that matter). It's up to you guys to decide if there should be an official race this Saturday night. According to the S.P.E.C. calendar you guys are racing, so I'd plan on that unless someone says otherwise.

Okay. Lets get a head count.

Please post on the thread if you can race or not.

I think if most can race then we should go ahead but my concern would be the participation points all get for the prize. I feel if you have been participating and you can't race because of the holiday and we have the race, you don't give up your participation points.

Back