◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
Gotcha, I got a separate account that I use, that way I dont muck up my main game.

It's just that I've heard so many stories of people having problems, I prefer not take a chance.

Too many hours invested to risk losing all the standard cars :-)

I'll definitely send what I can.

Thanks fella's! Yeah, I've heards stories too, which is why I started backing up my main gt5 game data, and started using a different account and thimb drive to do the duping.

Thanks fella's! Yeah, I've heards stories too, which is why I started backing up my main gt5 game data, and started using a different account and thimb drive to do the duping.

I got a PSN Plus trail just to see how the backup worked there. So far, I can only back up my game data. I can't backup my son's. Is that normal? If so, not much in a need in a Plus subscription if I have to have one per account.

I don't think this is possible, but maybe it is: can I backup to the LAN? Perhaps using PS3 Media Server? I haven't found any documentation on this. It seems it is limited to removable media or Plus only.

Why not get a thumb drive? a 2gig is like 20 bucks, and you can back up from now until forever, making it cheaper then a psn+ account.

Why not get a thumb drive? a 2gig is like 20 bucks, and you can back up from now until forever, making it cheaper then a psn+ account.

The thumb drive is cheaper for sure, but for me the convenience of having it automated is worth it.

Over time I've found that, left to me, backups don't happen :banghead:

The thumb drive is cheaper for sure, but for me the convenience of having it automated is worth it.

Over time I've found that, left to me, backups don't happen :banghead:

+1

Besides, if I put it on a USB drive, I then have to sneakernet it over to a computer so it will be backed up offsite.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to run the Saturday Night Endurance races that I had planned. The reason for this is that I picked up something else to drive this racing season and it, combined with what I already had scheduled will take up every Saturday night but one this spring and summer and well into fall.

The base for the series is there if anyone wants to pick it up and run with it, or make changes and run it, or scrap the whole thing and start over.

isnt the flashdrive far enough off site? I mean, on the computer or on the drive, either way its not going to get messed up if the PS3 crashes. with the flashdrive, unless you lose it or crush it, your data will be safe.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to run the Saturday Night Endurance races that I had planned. The reason for this is that I picked up something else to drive this racing season and it, combined with what I already had scheduled will take up every Saturday night but one this spring and summer and well into fall.

The base for the series is there if anyone wants to pick it up and run with it, or make changes and run it, or scrap the whole thing and start over.

That's a bummer, I was going to arrange for a time trial.

Good on you for getting another ride though 👍

That's a bummer, I was going to arrange for a time trial.

Good on you for getting another ride though 👍

Yeah that's too bad, but thanks for the heads up. I've updated our schedule to reflect that your event is cancelled. However, I've left the link to your post in case anyone wants to pick up where you left off. I've also made some upgrades to the layout so that it's easier to plan simultaneous events in our divisional lounges. 👍

This year I will be running an I.M.C.A. dirt modified, a dirt late model in a spec motor class, and the ride I just picked up is a K&N West series. The K&N is a start up team that wanted an extra driver for testing/tuning sessions and I'll be working as a tech for the race team.

I bet dirt track is fun! If I where relegated to turning in just one direction, at least it would be a fun surface to do it on.

Speaking of the change in schedule (sort of a slow day at work, but not slow enough that I can get started on any of the big things I want to work on), any interest in me running my Parity Project in one of the SNAIL lobbies this Tuesday?

I'd like to try it out with a full field (10 drivers or so). Usually we just have about 6.

The idea is we all start in the same car, with the engine limiter reducing the PP down to a set level. After each race, we adjust the allowed PP for each driver. Drivers that finish well have their allowance lowered. Drivers that finish poorly, having their allowance raised. It is meant to be a handicap system. It is like boost, in that slower drivers get a bonus and fast drivers get a handicap. But unlike boost, it is static for the race, and only helps you if you actually keep the car on the track. If you have an off, then you don't get the magical increase that boost would give for you to catch up.

If there is any interest to try it out, then we can use the S2000. Usually we run three courses, running each one twice. I'd like to keep us in the same car, and we could run Deep Forest Reverse six times, but maybe it would be more fun to run the three courses we have.

Banner added to Diabolic Friday post.
events
race 1 Holdover event from last week
race 2 recommended car on generated circuit. Circuit will be made available tonight. (4/5)
race 3 two snail cars battle it out: NSX vs S2000 / sport soft / Suzuka

Original post being updated presently (takes a while with my phone)

Last edited:
Speaking of the change in schedule (sort of a slow day at work, but not slow enough that I can get started on any of the big things I want to work on), any interest in me running my Parity Project in one of the SNAIL lobbies this Tuesday?

Sounds like a good idea. I've added your event to the calendar. Per our divisional lounge system, your races will be in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge.

I'd like to try it out with a full field (10 drivers or so). Usually we just have about 6.

I think with a little planning ahead (like putting it on the schedule) and a little advertising, we should be able to help you produce a full field.

The idea is we all start in the same car, with the engine limiter reducing the PP down to a set level. After each race, we adjust the allowed PP for each driver. Drivers that finish well have their allowance lowered. Drivers that finish poorly, having their allowance raised. It is meant to be a handicap system. It is like boost, in that slower drivers get a bonus and fast drivers get a handicap. But unlike boost, it is static for the race, and only helps you if you actually keep the car on the track. If you have an off, then you don't get the magical increase that boost would give for you to catch up.

If there is any interest to try it out, then we can use the S2000. Usually we run three courses, running each one twice. I'd like to keep us in the same car, and we could run Deep Forest Reverse six times, but maybe it would be more fun to run the three courses we have.

This all sounds good, but do you allow tuning? If at all possible, I'd prefer that all the events in the SNAIL lounges remain tuning-prohibited.

This all sounds good, but do you allow tuning? If at all possible, I'd prefer that all the events in the SNAIL lounges remain tuning-prohibited.

We've tried it with tuning. In theory, the handicap system should take that in account. I would enter a car that wasn't tuned, while others would enter cars that were tuned.

We found, however, that there are drivers that could tune the car so well they could make up a 20 point PP difference. So lately we've been doing this with Tuning Prohibited.

I was planning on doing Tuning Prohibited this week.

We've tried it with tuning. In theory, the handicap system should take that in account. I would enter a car that wasn't tuned, while others would enter cars that were tuned.

We found, however, that there are drivers that could tune the car so well they could make up a 20 point PP difference. So lately we've been doing this with Tuning Prohibited.

I was planning on doing Tuning Prohibited this week.

Okay, cool. But regardless of how you decide to run it, I'm in.

If Zero decides not to hold official races Sunday night, maybe instead all of us who would like to race could get together and still hold some kind of session. I was thinking maybe mini enduros on the track/car combos. with each round being one race instead of qualifying and 2 races. we can do reverse grid and skip qualifying after the first race.

Brilliant idea Rallywagon 💡

I'll be there one way or the other, but I think this makes much more sense than trying to do a regular night of racing with so many people missing.

@dudeondacouch - can you make one for Vol's Tuesday parity event too? Maybe incorporate a scale that is equally balanced to represent the parity that is being sought?

Hey, cool.

Dude, the only thing that I ask is... on the text under the GT line across the middle, the mirror shadow on the top line and drop shadow on the second line are merging and driving me nuts. It looks cluttered and confused. I say drop the mirror shadow on the first line of text. Just have drop shadow for the first line, and you can keep the drop and mirror shadows on the second line.

p.s. Course, I have no idea what it should say. I've always though Production Car Parity was a bit much, but I didn't know what to call it. It is entirely possible someone will come up with a better name for it that fits on one line and makes it all a moot point.

These banners are getting better and better!

@dudeondacouch - can you make one for Vol's Tuesday parity event too? Maybe incorporate a scale that is equally balanced to represent the parity that is being sought?

I'm sure I can whip something up, but it won't be until next week.

Hey, cool.

Dude, the only thing that I ask is... on the text under the GT line across the middle, the mirror shadow on the top line and drop shadow on the second line are merging and driving me nuts. It looks cluttered and confused. I say drop the mirror shadow on the first line of text. Just have drop shadow for the first line, and you can keep the drop and mirror shadows on the second line.

I can do whatever you want. 👍

p.s. Course, I have no idea what it should say. I've always though Production Car Parity was a bit much, but I didn't know what to call it. It is entirely possible someone will come up with a better name for it that fits on one line and makes it all a moot point.

Well, we have until toosdai to come up with something. Have your minions put on their thinking caps. :lol:

Banner added to Diabolic Friday post.
events
race 1 Holdover event from last week
race 2 recommended car on generated circuit. Circuit will be made available tonight. (4/5)
race 3 two snail cars battle it out: NSX vs S2000 / sport soft / Suzuka

Original post being updated presently (takes a while with my phone)

I should be able to do this again. Got my brilliantly decked out Lancer ready to roll...hopefully not rollover, just roll :lol:

Oh, just a heads up; in case I can't turn up some Thursdays and you want to use the second oval we ran last week, I've got it on share so it should be able to be downloaded by others :)

Those little round tracks! I bet once I get this wheel down, I'll be able to do your tracks in one continuous drift! I could have with my old wheel. I'm one of the rare people that can actually drift the whole ring at cape ring. Well, could, until G27! I've even put thought into getting another Momo wheel just for drifting, but I can't really justify it. Especially when G27 just needs more practice.

BTW, do I talk about my new wheel to much? I am really quite smitten.

I fondly remember the honeymoon period with my wheel. Ah, she isnt quite a g27, but it was love at first sight. She didn't solve all my problems quite like I thought she would, but we are still very close on a daily basis. :-)

Back