◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
We were thinking that it would just be nice to have people running the same color on all their cars, as it will make identification easier when people are out at a distance or in the mirrors and tou cant see their names.

I keep going back and forth on this myself.

In my garage, I've assigned colors for the different PP levels. I'm used to running in PP restricted rooms. So all of my 450 PP cars are now yellow, 400 PP are white, 500 PP are silver. I was thinking of going black for 550 PP and blue for 350 PP.

There are some exceptions.

When I started get cars for SNAIL, I started picking the vendor color that was closest to the color I had for the ranges. So my S2000 is yellow because it is just under 450 PP. I figured after I was done with it here, I'd slap on a few parts to get it up to 450 PP.

I gave up on that idea and started just buying them in the color that they are in the show room. The default color. The idea being that I if I picked the color, all my cars would look the same, and there are colors I'd never try.

Then there was a week of pictures and I was in a lot of them! I'm not used to driving with other cars, so I'm not used to being in any of the action shots. So I decided to pick a color to make it easier to pick me out. My favorite color is purple.

I picked a purple for the Corvette, but... I'm just not pleased with out it turned out. That shade just didn't look good on that car. Silver, charcoal, or black would look better, and would look good on every car. But it is kind of boring.

So I gave up on that idea.

I'm undecided how to pick my car colors at this point. I already had an Evora in arctic silver, so it solved itself this week.

(And my VPN connection for work went down, so I'm rambling here in the thread waiting for it to come back.)

Naturally I'll be using Green Go (from the 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T) with whatever yellow I have on stock for the wheels.

That should make them all look something like this:
Picture2.png

Baahaha, nice! BTW, that tractor looks kind of custom. granted, Im just a city slicker, havent even hunted anything bigger then a raccoon. But I do know sheet metal, and that looks like some custom wheel archs and idk, dash cover. Im actually shoot for a matte blue, with matte white wheels. but right now I have matte dark blue, which looks a lot like matte black. Im hoping to get some more matte blues in the pool of matte that Im collecting. Im going to try an collect all of the rarer styles that I can, mattes, chromes, color changing. For duping. Collected on style at a time.

I also just noticed that the wheel on the JD dont move independently from the axle, but the axle as a whole turns to steer. that or Im looking at it wrong.

I also just noticed that the wheel on the JD dont move independently from the axle, but the axle as a whole turns to steer. that or Im looking at it wrong.

Correct, it did not have rack and pinion steering.

Ahem...

That's a John Deere "AOS". They were built between 1937 and 1941. "AOS" stood for Model "A" Orchard Streamlined. They were built like that so that orchard farmers could use the tractors under trees and the like. The sheet metal shielding protected the tractor and the driver from annoying branches. Anyone who's driven a riding mower under low trees would know why you would want that. So...the steel is not custom.

A couple more pictures of better-restored tractors:
Picture3.png

Picture4.png

And a later version of an orchard tractor, this one built in the mid 1960s:
02.jpg

On steering: The steering is not done by the whole axle, nor is it rack and pinion, as that would be too slow and unresponsive at the very low speeds of a tractor. Instead, these tractors had a bell crank and linkages which turned the wheels. You can see how the wheels are turned relative to the front axle in the picture of the tractor with steel wheels. In the picture of the newer tractor you can see the steering arms. That one has the tie rods in front of the front axle.

You're welcome. ;)

Last edited:
Zappa, I love orange too. I had a Chrysler Crossfire that had burnt orange interior, I then had it painted to match. Looked very good. Kinda looks like the crossfire I drift in the game. I think orange looks really good when its done right (ie, burnt, or darker oranges). Im a bigger fan of blue as a personal choice though. Speaking of colors. Zero and I had just discussed rehashing the color thing again. we wanna see if we can get everyone to run their cars in their color. Its not going to be mandatory or anything like that. We were thinking that it would just be nice to have people running the same color on all their cars, as it will make identification easier when people are out at a distance or in the mirrors and tou cant see their names.

Oh man, here we go again.. :sly: I guess i'll create a "color post" to keep this all organized. I was going to do this last time, but never had a chance to:

PSN ID ------------ body color / wheel color
iceburgeson ------- black / gold
cmbeal ------------ red / silver
zer05ive ----------- white / red
kcheeb ------------ light purple / stock
jlbowler ------------ silver & red polarized / red
diabolicwyvern ----- blue? green? yellow? / unspecifed
ADirtySpic- -------- grey / yellow
dvdoughboy -------- gold chrome / gold chrome
Rallywgn81 --------- matte blue / white
tcrash ------------- orange / black (please specify shade or orange)
Apmaddock --------- John Deere green / yellow
M1SS-D3V10US ----- hot pink / white
aubdogg ------------ matte red / unspecified
tezgm99 ------------ dark green / light silver
dabneyd ------------ silver / gunmetal
AJK-VAIL ------------ blue / white (please specify shade of blue)
Psycho-Tuber -------- bright red / chrome
ExoSphere64 --------- sky blue / orange
Handlebar-Man ------- lime green metallic / chrome (considering switch to yellow?)
spooble -------------- matte gray / orange
ChuthuluGoat --------- dark green / color shift
a_garris -------------- purple / bare metal, black, or purple
g-MachineREX -------- dark green / white
racefan78 ------------ silver / unspecified
whatbadgerseat ------ Royal Navy Blue Pearl / dark grey/black
dudeondacouch ------- Flip Flop Yellow/Olympic Gold

As members post their color choice, I'll update this list.

Please note that participation in this color thing is 100% optional..

coming soon.. instructions on how to easily duplicate your selected colors..

Last edited:
The Eifel track for the 2nd race tonight is still available to download from myself or the snail d2 account for practice. The Lambo is a fairly difficult match for the track + the tires well be lasting just 6 to 8 laps before they become a real hindrance. I suggest testing or you can wing it at your own risk. (also fun btw) :lol:

As for my color combo...I will get the exact names to you sooner rather than later. 👍

zer05ive
Oh man, here we go again.. :sly: I guess our create a "color post" to keep this all organized. I was going to do this last time, but never had a chance to:

pardon the mess - this is still being cleaned up..

PSN ID / body color / wheel color
zer05ive / red / white
kcheeb ----- purple / unspecified
jlbowler -------- polarized purple/orange / black
diabolicwyvern --- blue? green? yellow? / unspecifed
ADirtySpic- ---------- grey / yellow
dvdoughboy ------------ gold chrome / gold chrome
Rallywgn81 ------------- dark blue / white
tcrash ------------- orange / unspecified
a_garris -------- let's just say undecided
Apmaddock ---------- John Deere green / yellow
M1SS-D3V10US ----------- pink / unspecified

My wheels will be black!

Wow, Maddock, thanks for the lessons, thats my "learned something new" for the day.

No problem. Writing about old John Deere tractors is my day job…well…behind the stay-at-home dad stuff, the cooking/cleaning/househusband stuff, and the farming stuff…

We'll just say it's my primary source of income…well…behind my wife…

…sigh…

I keep going back and forth on this myself.

In my garage, I've assigned colors for the different PP levels. I'm used to running in PP restricted rooms. So all of my 450 PP cars are now yellow, 400 PP are white, 500 PP are silver. I was thinking of going black for 550 PP and blue for 350 PP.

I actually was running something similar for a little while too. I was using colors to sort what the car was tuned for. For super fast (like 600pp+) street cars, I used matte black/black, for drift I used yellow/orange. I had colors for classic american, classic import, British cars (which of course got British racing green, which every hue looked best) togue tuned cars, etc. I lost the list and really never fully implemented the system.
This brings up another thing I would like to see done in GT6. It would be nice to see here, but I doubt they would put the development into for this game. That is, I would like to see a better filing system for cars. As I close in on 600 cars, and I know others that have twice that. the sorting system they have sucks! it would be nice to see a filing system where you could create your own folders, but like a favorites folder, that you can file cars into. Then you could do folders for whatever you would like. I would make a rally folder, a togue folder, a drift folder, a SNAIL folder (which is really my favorites folder) and so on. I think it would really help in organizing things and cut down on the time spent digging through cars.

Well, as I've lived in three countries and all three have been members of the Commonwealth, I suppose it's fitting that I use British Racing Green, lol

I actually was running something similar for a little while too. I was using colors to sort what the car was tuned for. For super fast (like 600pp+) street cars, I used matte black/black, for drift I used yellow/orange. I had colors for classic american, classic import, British cars (which of course got British racing green, which every hue looked best) togue tuned cars, etc. I lost the list and really never fully implemented the system.
This brings up another thing I would like to see done in GT6. It would be nice to see here, but I doubt they would put the development into for this game. That is, I would like to see a better filing system for cars. As I close in on 600 cars, and I know others that have twice that. the sorting system they have sucks! it would be nice to see a filing system where you could create your own folders, but like a favorites folder, that you can file cars into. Then you could do folders for whatever you would like. I would make a rally folder, a togue folder, a drift folder, a SNAIL folder (which is really my favorites folder) and so on. I think it would really help in organizing things and cut down on the time spent digging through cars.

I don't want folders. I've said this lots, I want the ability to tag cars. I am a big fan of metadata and that movement on the web. Then I can query by tag. I can say, show just the SNAIL tag. Or show the 450PP tag and the hot hatch tags.

I like that I can put labels on the settings sheets, but... why can't I put labels on the cars themselves?

And ofcourse, Kaz values the look of the game over all else. To him, I'm sure, photo travel mode whatever is the most important feature. I am really shocked with such screwed up priorities that we don't have walk through garages.

'Course, I now have 930+ cars. :(

Oh man, here we go again.. :sly: I guess our create a "color post" to keep this all organized. I was going to do this last time, but never had a chance to:

pardon the mess - this is still being cleaned up..

PSN ID ------------ body color / wheel color
iceburgeson ------- white / black choice from December.. please confirm!
cmbeal ------------ red / silver choice from December.. please confirm!
zer05ive ----------- white / red
kcheeb ------------ purple / unspecified
jlbowler ------------ polarized purple/orange / black
diabolicwyvern ----- blue? green? yellow? / unspecifed
ADirtySpic- -------- grey / yellow
dvdoughboy -------- gold chrome / gold chrome
Rallywgn81 --------- dark blue / white
tcrash ------------- orange / unspecified
a_garris ------------ let's just say undecided
Apmaddock --------- John Deere green / yellow
M1SS-D3V10US ----- pink / unspecified
aubdogg ------------ matte red / unspecified

Please note that participation in this color thing is 100% optional..

coming soon.. instructions on how to easily duplicate your selected colors..

I didn't realize you were looking for a specific color name for everyone, I thought it was just a general color to identify a driver within a Division.
Regardless, my color selection is "Passion Pink" and the second color isn't really an issue, I'm the only female racer here, so I'm going to assume that I'm going to be the only pink car on track.

Regardless, my color selection is "Passion Pink" and the second color isn't really an issue, I'm the only female racer here, so I'm going to assume that I'm going to be the only pink car on track.

I think Dabney had a pink Evora. Not sure if he is going to paint it.

I haven't seen Snoopykuan in forever, but in the 450 group, he used to paint all of his cars matte pink.

I think Dabney had a pink Evora. Not sure if he is going to paint it.

I haven't seen Snoopykuan in forever, but in the 450 group, he used to paint all of his cars matte pink.

I do. It's matte pink. I think I'm going to do silver and gunmetal going forward; I like the colors my cars currently are.

Well, as I've lived in three countries and all three have been members of the Commonwealth, I suppose it's fitting that I use British Racing Green, lol

added to the list as "dark green"

I'm going to go with Silver and Gunmetal.

added to the list

I didn't realize you were looking for a specific color name for everyone, I thought it was just a general color to identify a driver within a Division.

added to the list as "hot pink"

Blue / White

added to the list, but please specify the shade of blue you want (light, sky, royal, baby, flourescent?)

Rally, I pulled your dark blue / white combo from an older post. However your latest post didn't specify that you wanted white wheels. Please clarify what you want as AJK-VAIL is reserving a simlar color combo and you are both in the same division. I guess it's a moot point if AJK-VAIL picks a blue that is noticeably different than dark blue.

Last edited:
*Zero, I will be using the Red/Silver Color Scheme as you asked above.*

M3GTR Challenge by cmbeal317, on Flickr

M3 GTR Race Car Challenge
Date and Time:

Saturday April 07, 2012
10:00pm to approx. 11:00pm EDT

Car:
BMW M3 GTR Race Car ‘01
If you do not own the car it is available in the OCD for 1,000,000 cr.

Race:
20 Laps of Autodromo Nazionale Monza
We will be running the usual league regulations for no tuning and the restriction of certain driving aids. We will start with 20 minutes of practice/qualifying at 10pm EDT. The room will be limited to 14 people, and the usual policy on mics will be in effect. I do have a mic, though I usually don’t use it as it has the ear clip and bothers me to use it. After seeing that the Saturday endurance races have unfortunately been canceled I am weighing the possibility of turning this into a cup series of around 7 or 8 races. These would all be around 40 minutes each for the races, with 20 minutes of practice/qualifying.

After the completion of the race the track will be open for anyone that wants to stay and have an open track day.

*Update*
I forgot earlier to include that we will be running two different tire compounds tomorrow night. They are Racing Hard and Racing Medium. There will be a mandatory pit stop during the race and you will be required to use both compounds.

Last edited:
Those who were in D2 last week would have noticed that I was not running the color shifting orange with black rims. Too many orange cars in D1 so I switched it up. I will now be running GT Polarized 001 for the body color and red for the rim color.

Back