◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,813 comments
Oh my... that brings back memories. I had one to as a child and it went like the wind! I was much shorter at the time too, so perspective may have played a hand in the perception of speed. Yes, only three manual settings for the front wheels. Hours of fun.
I think my favorite part was getting a new container of fuel, I think it was part nitro! Fuel would come in a flat quart metal container. Love that smell!

First set of wheels I truly loved and used for many, many years. 1972 Honda CT-70 Trail bike. Bought it used when I was 14. Put plates on it at age 16 and used it to get my motor-driven-cycle license (had to put a mirror on it) and it became my "first car". Later, I put after-market moped turn signals on it. The rear signals took a lot of abuse on trails and were removed at some point.

honda.jpg

Attachments

• honda.jpg
    honda.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 11
@Jakedog23 - Save your pennies!

A very unique Dodge offer for the 2015 Viper GTC. Here is an except from the article by Autoblog.

"Now, you might be asking what's so special and exclusive about a trim level? Well, in the Viper GTC's case, it gives owners access to a catalog of 8,000 shades of paint for the exterior, 24,000 "hand-painted" custom stripe patterns, 10 different wheel options, 16 interior trims and no fewer than six aerodynamic packages. That results in 25 million different configurations for the 645-horsepower snake. Most shockingly, the customization choices come at no additional cost on the GTC model. And it's only the start."

Dodge's website on the endeavor.

dodge-viper-1-of-1-04-1.jpg

My bike was an english Raleigh....green...3 speed. But the first wheeled object I lusted after was a Honda 50....of Beach Boys Fame. I thought that if I could have one of those the girls would be all over me....but I lived in New England. And the sixty five mustang worked wonders later.

image.jpg

Edit: I lied! I liked the Little Honda, and I loved the Mustang....BUT....when I saw this I proceeded to the USAF Credit union, signed on the line, traded my Fiat 124 Spyder in on El Camino and a trailer. And its been love ever since....
image.jpg

This is an exact replica of mine except mine did not say Team Lotus and the chassis and roll cage was factory grey. This very nice one is run by a guy in the mid-west in Classic FF Events. I also had a black Bell Star....just like my hero...Dan Gurney who was the first professional to wear the first full faced helmet.

Last edited:
Hey guys...some of my fellow snails in div 6 think I need to get myself a headset.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I'd prefer a wireless set.

I have 2 headsets I am looking to get off my hands. I have the Sony Pulse Elite that are Bluetooth and a set of Turtle Beach PX3 that are wireless. Both were used a few times before I got my current set of Astro A50's that I am sticking with. Both sets are in Perfect condition and have all the cords, instructions and the box they came in. If your interested at all hit me up in a PM and I will send you pics. My suggestion if you are just looking to go buy now would be any of the Astro models. They are a bit costly but worth every penny in my opinion. After those I would go with any of the Sony models. The pulse, pulse elites or the new gold model. Just my opinion. In the end, they all have their negatives and positives. You just have to figure out what you want to get out of them.

Anyone remember these?

The COX gas powered Dune Buggy!

I must have been 5 of 6 when I remember someone in the family bought one of these. Totally ridiculous by today's standards because it only had 3 positions for the front wheels - left, center and right. Didn't matter though because as far as I was concerned it was always screaming like it was doing 100mph. :dopey:

View attachment 287134

For those who've never see one in action:

Wow, another blast from the past for me. My parents visited the States to attend an Uncle's wedding and my dad brought back that Dune Buggy's sister car, the Baja Bug! Actually he brought 2 of than back, one for my brother and one for me. Same limited steering options but yeah we didn't care.

1_zpsb49ed8bd.jpg

baja_zpseaa154f2.jpg

@Jakedog23 - Save your pennies!

A very unique Dodge offer for the 2015 Viper GTC. Here is an except from the article by Autoblog.

"Now, you might be asking what's so special and exclusive about a trim level? Well, in the Viper GTC's case, it gives owners access to a catalog of 8,000 shades of paint for the exterior, 24,000 "hand-painted" custom stripe patterns, 10 different wheel options, 16 interior trims and no fewer than six aerodynamic packages. That results in 25 million different configurations for the 645-horsepower snake. Most shockingly, the customization choices come at no additional cost on the GTC model. And it's only the start."

Dodge's website on the endeavor.

dodge-viper-1-of-1-04-1.jpg
You have me all figured out with this Viper thing. I saw this and haven't clicked on the article but I plan to after school today.

Any pictures of the Beemer on Ascari yet. I'll give the banners a try, but it will not nearly be of the same quality as our Austrian friend @GamingPete 's efforts. (@zer05ive )

I have a RUF picture from @DesertPenguin09 and a Lotus picture from @Lessen

The banners are "ruffed"..... in. I need the Beemer to complete the effort, otherwise you will get a picture of a Datsun on Ascari......

Same requirements: Wide angle with the car on the right hand side of the picture

2258208793_0a598d65a5.jpg

My cousins, racing family friends, and I had a bunch of karts similar to this growing up. Home built go karts that resembled wingless sprint cars or midgets. The rear tires were a little different than what is in the picture but the basic build is real close. Engine behind the seat, sheet metal body, and roll cage. I started out with a 3 HP engine when I was 4 and then moved up to 5 HP and eventually 8 HP. We had a small dirt oval out behind my grandparents house that got used every weekend that the family wasn't out racing the real cars somewhere.
you ever go to tracks out there in cali. Like chico that's a sticky fast track only gets faster when the night goes on. A guy here in my town is from Australia and he has raced all over the country. More wing sprints here in ohio

My first set of wheels that I truly fell in love with would have to be my 1984 Honda CR60... I still have it, just finished an engine rebuild on it and it still hauls all 6'4 of me around pretty well!

Back