◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,813 comments
I'll step to be interim practice coordinator until @Wolfsatz comes back.
Are we revamping the practice system as was discussed last week? Or will we have Red, Blue, and Yellow rooms?

Ahh man... a TOPP. What a waste.:guilty:
combo-info-1-11-15-post-jpg.286802

Last edited:
Yes!

There will be 4 practice rooms.

D1-D2
D3-D4
D5-D6
D7-D8

There will be plenty of room for everyone to join in on practice. Instead of running it like a league night,we are going to split races up into shorter races. That way no time is wasted in qualifying. Just racing. Should keep things smoother with time to work on passing and driving around those with similar speeds.

Practice has been discussed in the practice conversation . There will be blue , red and yellow until further notice

TBT

Topic: First "wheeled" object you fell in love with

Mine was a Big Wheel. I had several of these and always wore out the front tire with a flat spot. They make new ones that have rotating rear wheels that "drift", but I always loved mine.

Big_Wheel-e1362852874248.jpg

I believe it was one of these... but it was all yellow. I didn't use it how it was designed at all, I rode it down the hill by my house (on the road) when I was 3-5 or so, until the plastic wheels broke. I would probably get up to 15mph or so, and I probably still have some of the scars on my knees.
4163_push--ride-racer_xlarge.jpg

Driving Force GT users, what settings do you use?

Power-Assisted Steering: Off
Force Feedback Max. Torque: 7
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 10

I find FFS can't be less than 10 or there's too big of a dead zone. PAS is off because realism and FFMT is at 7 because 10 just makes it too hard to turn the wheel in tight turns and you can't get around quickly enough. Thoughts?

View attachment 287362

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN !
If you are assigned to D1to D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
1472-4711-0038-4893-9509

If you are assigned to D5 to D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:
1472-4711-0038-4893-9510

Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race Craft.The YELLOW ROOM:
1472-6399-8537-0917-4807

Remember in all rooms, these are practices , save the lap time ego for another night. Practice rooms are open lobby and we are to be ambassadors for the awesome league snail is. The snail OLR applies in all snail sactioned events.

Thanks to our hosts @dgaf95integra , @racingchamp30 , @TEX36
Have fun:cheers:

you ever go to tracks out there in cali. Like chico that's a sticky fast track only gets faster when the night goes on. A guy here in my town is from Australia and he has raced all over the country. More wing sprints here in ohio

We have been to Chico but only a handful of times. If there is a dirt track in California that holds races for full bodied cars, there is a very good chance that I have been there either as a driver or spectator.

Here are some Banners for consideration: I kept it to the same general design as @GamingPete

Sunday January 11, 2015

View attachment 287428
The following photo courtesy of @DesertPenguin09
View attachment 287426
The following photo courtesy @Lessen
View attachment 287427

@zer05ive

Banners look great @Rednose58, but I'm not really a fan of the track going through the 2nd car on the Lotus / GVS banner. Any chance you have another pic that doesn't do this?

These banners have been tweeted!

Twitter-FollowSNAIL_Racing_zps2f292594.png

Last edited:
If anyone cares, 2015 North American GT Academy Champ, Nic Hammann is in the car at the moment at the 24 hour of Dubai. Live video is on their website and 3 cameras on Nissan's GT Academy YouTube page (I can't link to the YT page).

EDIT
And now he's out. :( A fairly short stint.

Last edited:
Fromt he first episode I knew he was gonna win. He showed all the necessary skills beyond driving skills and then he also had driving skills.

Anyone know who it works for racing in the Am class? Maybe they have to have at least half the drivers be "Am"? Rob Barff is racing in the Am class in a 458 Italia. He has the best in class lap of 2:04.037. Rob is,of course, one of the GT Academy instructors / judges.

Back