◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
Well if he thinks your locked in to the finals, granted it's not even the first weekend yet so to assume your "safe" is ludicrous, it would be a waste of time! Unless you think your going to get a drive for le mans in the LMP 1 ride with that horrible setup that is. But yeah if you want to drive the sim and be the # 1 in north american all the power to you!

I just got the gold and was done with it there's no point for me. Cause I am Canadian! and at the start of round 4 they even felt the need to remind me that I'm not eligible to participate in GTA

I know I'll be more then safe to make the cut but with every racer if you know there's more time to be gained and you know you can improve keep going for it ya know

Last edited:
I know I'll be more then safe to make the cut but with every races if you know there's more time to be gained and you know you can improve keep going for it ya know
FOCUS, FOCUS and GOOOO!:cheers:

oh crap double post! I need to focus! :banghead:

PS. Project Cars is so freaking awesome!;)

I will still be on-line tonight for practice in the now lack luster GT6.

Last edited:
p02cb1yd.jpg

Hey guys I have some news. Right now our Kickstarter had to go through changes thanks to the bone head administration. Seems like we tried to load too much content LOL. So we had to 're do and simplify the kickstarter. Anyway we are back on the job and getting it done as quick as possible. Stay tuned guys more info coming

Thought I'd give the Academy time trial a go last night for the hell of it. I'm sure most of you can relate, but it's really frustrating when you're on a lap that's smashing your previous best and the game magically decides you've hit a cone when you're nowhere near it. This happened to me about 20 times last night. The last two show my DQ on the run up to the 2nd to last chicane when I was on pace for a high 27.

20150604_203044.jpg20150604_203026.jpg20150604_203120.jpg20150604_203103.jpg

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thought I'd give the Academy time trial a go last night for the hell of it. I'm sure most of you can relate, but it's really frustrating when you're on a lap that's smashing your previous best and the game magically decides you've hit a cone when you're nowhere near it. This happened to me about 20 times last night. The last two show my DQ on the run up to the 2nd to last chicane when I was on pace for a high 27.

View attachment 383342View attachment 383343View attachment 383345View attachment 383346

I haven't stopped and followed up on it, but I have felt several times that I didn't hit a cone and it said I did. For me, it's the cones on the right at Tertre Rouge. Blasted cones!!!

images

View attachment 383342View attachment 383343View attachment 383345View attachment 383346

LIKE NO TOMORROW lol.

I think it was the air flow that knocked the cones down redsoxboy :lol:

Oh the best part is the cones didn't move an inch! Maybe the cones just got scared?

I haven't stopped and followed up on it, but I have felt several times that I didn't hit a cone and it said I did. For me, it's the cones on the right at Tertre Rouge. Blasted cones!!!

images

The cones deserve every bit of punishment coming to them.

Yeah several dozen times I've said "there's no WAY I hit that cone, I hit that perfect!" or "I wasn't even on the curb/over the white line!"... maybe it counts your splitter passing over the base of the cone as 'hitting it'... or the hit box is too big, bigger than the visible model (like happens in FPSs some times), but then I don't know why physics wouldn't apply if you actually "hit" it in the invisible hit box, unless it's separate from the cone's physical model.

But that right kink onto the straight is particularly annoying, I'll hit it perfect and get DQ'd. I did get that with the cones at the start one time as well though.

I lost too many laps by similar things, until I gave up, got one clean lap steering clear of everything to get the bronze (2 secs from silver, but I'm not going back), got the car and got the hell out, since I'm not fast enough anyway.

You guys doing it for real have my utmost respect, because that car is a pig to drive, if you sneeze too close to the cone your lap is gone and you're still turning qualy laps in search of that GTAcademy slot.

So go SNAILs, give'em hell and I'm rooting for all of you. I saw @dgaf95integra, @ConnorWolf, @msgt-sd and @vovik05 in the leaderboard (I'm sure there are many more).

Hope to see your pictures in Post #1 soon as SNAIL in the Academy.

Watch this guys, some great racing to be inspired by for Sunday

Much better than watching 75 some odd laps of F1 running lapping day rules-like racing where all the passing happens in the pits or on the straights... The respect that these guys have for eachother is quite amazing, and to see smiles from all three podium positions is a nice change from watching Hamilton pout like a baby because he didn't win... (Ahem, Monaco...) Wish they would air this instead! Thanks for sharing @ConnorWolf!

Potential Nissan marketing campaign:

We've completely revolutionized the racing industry by distributing all of the car's accelerating characteristics, and the majority of it's braking characteristics, into just two front tires! You may call this unconventional, but rest assured, we made them really big tires! These hot tires will both pull you around the track and slow you for the corners. Combine that with stiff springs, high horse power, and of course, turbo lag; and you have the race car of tomorrow... TODAY!

Latest Posts

Back