◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
You know... Sometimes I wonder if Kaz still gives two 🤬 about this franchise or if he's way more into enjoying his immense bank account traveling and having fun with wife and kids.

I have not wondered about Kaz's priorities for awhile.

Kaz > Racing > ¥¥¥ > Publicity > Whatevs > Wait.. I still work? > Irony of company name > Polyphony Digital > Squirrel? > Is there a new Miata? > How many colors and options??? > Squirrel? > GT$

Kaz > Racing > ¥¥¥ > Publicity > Whatevs > Wait.. I still work? > Irony of company name > Polyphony Digital > Squirrel? > Is there a new Miata? > How many colors and options??? > Squirrel? > GT$

squirrel.jpg

Assetto Corsa coming to PS4 next year. Kaz needs to get GT7 out and it needs to be a huge step up from the unfinished game that is GT6. If PD doesn't make some serious advancements in force feedback, tire model, AI, and physics they are going to fall into the same category of Need 4 Speed and be nothing more than an arcade game. They had the console all to themselves for a long time. Now there is real competition and other games are showing us what is possible.
I have confidence that PD will bring their "A game" with GT7. The PS4 offers an entirely new level of power at their disposal, which is something that GT6 didn't have in comparison to GT5. It's also something that Project CARS has already had the advantage of utilizing, so I'm going to wait to see what PD can offer on an even playing field before bashing them too much. But yeah, I hope GT7 comes out soon so as to not lose too much ground to their newfound competition.
Jeez JL, i really hope that's true because from what I've watched before on YouTube, Assetto also looks like really, really good sim.
And, i agree with your thoughts regarding GranTurismo. If PD doesn't make a real efford to bring the game to a new level, they're dead! This embarrassing Peogeot VGT is an excellent example of how outdated this game is. Did you guys had a laugh with the downshifting sound like i had???
Pathetic!
You know... Sometimes I wonder if Kaz still gives two 🤬 about this franchise or if he's way more into enjoying his immense bank account traveling and having fun with wife and kids.

I kinda feel like criticizing VGT cars is like looking a gift horse in the mouth. PD is has embarked on a pretty impressive project by working with many manufacturers from around the world to provide us a glimpse into the future of the auto industry. And if not exactly the future, at least a taste of what the most creative minds at each company are capable of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has something like this, especially on this epic scale, ever been done before? Or even attempted? And all for FREE?? If Kaz really just cared about his bank account, he'd be charging us $1.99 for each of these cars as DLC in the PlayStation Store.

Also, how much extra do we have to pay for GT Academy? I know it costs millions to organize and operate each year, but somehow that little MSRP of $59.99 gives us an all-access pass to everything - forever. What other racing franchise - check that - what gaming franchise offers so much extra to the customer base? And all for FREE? If you ask me, Gran Turismo is a pretty sweet deal. My two cents. :)

I have confidence that PD will bring their "A game" with GT7. The PS4 offers an entirely new level of power at their disposal, which is something that GT6 didn't have in comparison to GT5. It's also something that Project CARS has already had the advantage of utilizing, so I'm going to wait to see what PD can offer on an even playing field before bashing them too much. But yeah, I hope GT7 comes out soon so as to not lose too much ground to their newfound competition.

I kinda feel like criticizing VGT cars is like . PD is has embarked on a pretty impressive project by working with many manufacturers from around the world to provide us a glimpse into the future of the auto industry. And if not exactly the future, at least a taste of what the most creative minds at each company are capable of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has something like this, especially on this epic scale, ever been done before? Or even attempted? And all for FREE??

If Kaz really just cared about his bank account, he'd be charging us $1.99 for each of these cars as DLC in the PlayStation Store. Also, how much extra do we have to pay for GT Academy? I know it costs millions to organize and operate each year, but somehow that little MSRP of $59.99 gives us an all-access pass to everything - forever. What other racing franchise - check that - what gaming franchise offers so much extra to the customer base? And all for FREE? If you ask me, Gran Turismo is a pretty sweet deal. My two cents. :)

I understand your optimism and I hope that you're right but it's a little hard for me to put a lot of faith in a company that still hasn't delivered all the features that were promised at launch. Where is the course creator?

Question for the management:

When choosing a car for a prize, is someone allowed to choose a specific power limited percentage to tune down to? I'd really like to use the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP at 70% power. This essentially makes it an LMP2 car that we can paint and apply numbers to. Or the McLaren F1 LM Base Model lowered to a more manageable HP. Is this allowed?

I understand your optimism and I hope that you're right but it's a little hard for me to put a lot of faith in a company that still hasn't delivered all the features that were promised at launch. Where is the course creator?
I get that people are disappointed that the course creator never came to fruition. However, I think it's a bit cynical to assume (as many have here on GTPlanet) that Kaz intentionally pulled a bait and switch - promising a new course creator while never actually intending to produce one. My guess on what happened is that they were just too many technical issues that could not be solved - or at least within budget. Just the fact that it was going to allow the creation of tracks based on a GPS signal adds exponential layers of complexity. Should they have tried to make sure it was something that was more feasible before announcing it the world? Probably. Are they the first company to claim a new feature on an upcoming product only for it to never see the light of day? Of course not - and they won't be the last.

Here's a good gauge to test how important the GPS-based course creator is in the grand scheme of things. Ask yourself if PD had never even mentioned it, would you have still purchased GT6? Or was that the one reason that you picked up your copy? I get the frustration with them not being able to get it to work properly, but I really don't think it was an evil plot to steal our money.

I get that people are disappointed that the course creator never came to fruition. However, I think it's a bit cynical to assume (as many have here on GTPlanet) that Kaz intentionally pulled a bait and switch - promising a new course creator while never actually intending to produce one. My guess on what happened is that they were just too many technical issues that could not be solved - or at least within budget. Just the fact that it was going to allow the creation of tracks based on a GPS signal adds exponential layers of complexity. Should they have tried to make sure it was something that was more feasible before announcing it the world? Probably. Are they the first company to claim a new feature on an upcoming product only for it to never see the light of day? Of course not - and they won't be the last.

Here's a good gauge to test how important the GPS-based course creator is in the grand scheme of things. Ask yourself if PD had never even mentioned it, would you have still purchased GT6? Or was that the one reason that you picked up your copy? I get the frustration with them not being able to get it to work properly, but I really don't think it was an evil plot to steal our money.

The new physics, tire and aero models were probably enough by themselves for me, because I'd always said that GT5 didn't accurately model body roll or damping (which GT6 made big strides in improving on most cars), but the course maker was the thing I was most excited about. That's why it's the most disappointing thing.

I really hope it still comes out before GT7, and that 2.0 will come this year.

Awesome lap @dgaf95integra!!! 3:26.506 for those that haven't seen. #1 USA and #5 in the world.

Thanks pretty happy with that, going to shoot for 25s just got home :cheers:

Now I have a target on my back being p1 owell I'm ganna keep on going as that 26.5 wasn't my best still had few mistakes so keep an eye out for new time posted soon

Last edited:

Are you really paid as a teacher? :sly:
I could Barely understand that! :confused:
The same For some of your recent post's! 💡, some I must re read in order to understand!:dunce:

I'm guessing you're forcing "us" to think! ;)
:cheers:
@DesertPenguin09 this could have been misconstrued as insulting :yuck:, yet it is not intended as such;).

Last edited:

When choosing a car for a prize, is someone allowed to choose a specific power limited percentage to tune down to? I'd really like to use the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP at 70% power. This essentially makes it an LMP2 car that we can paint and apply numbers to. Or the McLaren F1 LM Base Model lowered to a more manageable HP. Is this allowed?
Tuning down is Tuning right? :indiff:

See above ^^^

Actually, while at the Hollywood event and speaking with (un-mentionable) PD/Sony staff, ahead of the release (one week before) of the release of the "Community forum" I was told of it and sure as mud, we got it!
I also learned and it completely makes sense that focus is on GT7!

I too want so much and expect so much, I have Project cars and enjoy it. However, at this time, we/I have not figured how it can/could work as a "SPEC" racing league.

So let's wait, hold and see what happens!
Save up any way!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!! I now have talked to a vast amount of snails throughout our community and have told them of my future plans and so now I am sharing these plans on the main thread for all to see. For the snails who know that I am attempting to build a professional racing career from my own blood, sweat and tears I have reached a new level of challenges. Now I am currently starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel but I am nowhere near finished towards my goal. I have a racing coach, manager, and even a racing team willing to take the time to develop me further as a driver in the real world but now I need the support of our great community. Right now as we speak I was advised to set up a Kickstarter account in which the goal is to reach 30,000 dollars to pay for the racing licenses needed for the series I wish to partake in and to purchase the approved safety equipment by the governing body. The series we are aiming for as a team is the IMSA Porsche Carrera GT3 Cup Challenge and the 2 licences we are focusing on acquiring are the IMSA official race license and an official PCA club members license for the Porsche series. As a whole these are essential in order to develop my career further in hopes of racing in 2016. I want to offer my appreciation to the snails as they have always made me feel like I can really do this and so as a thanks I wish to ask the higher administration of SNAIL to have a potential logo set onto a piece of my helmet,suit,or car depending on what is allowable as far as the motorsports team is concerned and the avenues to make it available to do so. Very soon I will be posting links to my finished Kickstarter account as well as links to my Facebook and Twitter as well. I wish to touch and network with as many people as I can and build as many relationships as I can to help get just another small step closer to my dreams. I would like all who are interested In helping me get everything moving even more forward To like this message and I will send you a PM and more information regarding my goals and details on what I plan to do for my appreciation towards help as well answer questions regarding what I am doing. Their is so much to talk about that I don't want to overload the thread so any more information I will provide both through direct group PM messages as well as through Facebook and Twitter so please help me make this dream a reality and help make SNAIL and all of its supporters even more of a forefront to SIM racers aiming high to achieve their goals. Thank you for reading and god bless

Attachments

• grandam-daytona-24-2013-62-snow-racing-wright-motorsports-porsche-gt3-madison-snow-melanie.jpg
    grandam-daytona-24-2013-62-snow-racing-wright-motorsports-porsche-gt3-madison-snow-melanie.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 21
  • tusc-austin-2014-58-snow-racing-porsche-911-gt-america-madison-snow-jan-heylen.jpg
    tusc-austin-2014-58-snow-racing-porsche-911-gt-america-madison-snow-jan-heylen.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 15

I kinda feel like criticizing VGT cars is like looking a gift horse in the mouth. PD is has embarked on a pretty impressive project by working with many manufacturers from around the world to provide us a glimpse into the future of the auto industry. And if not exactly the future, at least a taste of what the most creative minds at each company are capable of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has something like this, especially on this epic scale, ever been done before? Or even attempted? And all for FREE?? If Kaz really just cared about his bank account, he'd be charging us $1.99 for each of these cars as DLC in the PlayStation Store.

Also, how much extra do we have to pay for GT Academy? I know it costs millions to organize and operate each year, but somehow that little MSRP of $59.99 gives us an all-access pass to everything - forever. What other racing franchise - check that - what gaming franchise offers so much extra to the customer base? And all for FREE? If you ask me, Gran Turismo is a pretty sweet deal. My two cents. :)
Zero, when we, gamers, want to take a look into the future, we buy magazines, visit websites and so. I don't really think that offering a glimpse of future through mechanical failures, twisted physics, sound jokes and design absurdities as no VGT was worth a freaking cockpit view, that we can consider it an offer.
They're not offering a horse, buddy. They're giving me a bicycle without wheels! Keep it! Sell me a 10 dollars DLC with some new REAL cars, preferably sports ones!

Hey guys just a quick update while I'm on break from work. :)

Firstly, I request to be put on the Part Time list. I may or may not be able to work due to the crazy amount of manual labor I do in about 6-7 hours of the 8 and a half hours I work. I'm sure many of you can relate. Seeing as this is my first job I'm not fully adjusted yet so I'm going to chose to work more than racing on Sundays. It's a bit unfortunate but I'm a big boy now so I need to set my priorities straight. I'll hopefully be racing every now and then.

Secondly, there really is no second thing. Hi I guess. :D

Yes, but it's not adding anything.

The changes you suggest add everything. The car is no loner tune prohibited. Think about it just for a small amount of time, done thinking?
If you open and allow the pp to be lowered you have opened the entire car to tuning. The game does not allow to just tune pp and keep the rest of the car untuned. Now do you see the issue?
Please do not try and make a case that people will not change their suspension, LSD, transmission .......we are on the honor system BS.
If you win, pick any car you like, just don't expect to be able to limit pp.

Exactly. It opens a door that shouldn't be opened. Things on the car that don't change PP can then be changed, like suspension and drivetrain. That can't be controlled or enforced at all.

You guys are so wrong it's funny.

I just made a room with the Subaru IMPREZA GT300 at Fuji as a template. Tuning is set to prohibited. I adjusted settings on everything. Changed suspension, then transmission, drivetrain, etc. Every single thing that I changed prohibited me from joining the track, but when I used the power-limiter in the power section, it worked fine. I lowered it to 90%, entered track, and no issues.

Even with this proof I'm sure it will never be done but I still had to prove my point. The ability to lower HP below the stock amount (+oil change) is not affected by the "Prohibited Tuning" setting in lobby settings. Just like Brake Balance.

You guys are so wrong it's funny.

I just made a room with the Subaru IMPREZA GT300 at Fuji as a template. Tuning is set to prohibited. I adjusted settings on everything. Changed suspension, then transmission, drivetrain, etc. Every single thing that I changed prohibited me from joining the track, but when I used the power-limiter in the power section, it worked fine. I lowered it to 90%, entered track, and no issues.

Even with this proof I'm sure it will never be done but I still had to prove my point. The ability to lower HP below the stock amount (+oil change) is not affected by the "Prohibited Tuning" setting in lobby settings. Just like Brake Balance.
You're right penguin tuning prohibited rooms do allow you to lower the power limiter. How ever it's not what SNAIL does! If it could be done where the only thing changed was the oil that's what snail would do! Well that's the sense I have gotten from the management anyways.

Back