◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
And if no one ever voiced their opinion about things, good or bad, where would we be as a society? I never said once that I don't like the cars themselves, just the nature of them. I'd love if I could paint the 270R but it drives fine. I wish it wasn't standard just or the sake of photos but that's not world-shatteringly bad. And I just wish a race car was on racing tires because race car. Nothing more. It's the principle of it but that's our tire regs and they work so whatevs.

See? Opinions are great!

It's a bit different when your opinions are both positive and negative, but yours are 95% negative. That's when opinions turn into complaints.

Because @chatva made a car/track selection this season when he won prize B, he can't make a car/track selection again. Basically, this means that @cmbeal317 can't use a freeze, because that would mean @chatva would select a car/track for a second time this month. Therefore, @chatva has to use the freeze. Is that clear as mud?

Makes sense to me, I guess I misread the prize winning post. Thanks for clearing thst up! 👍

...my first bag of Popcorn lol
stock-illustration-7466182-bag-of-pop-corn.jpg

We drove the S2000 race car a while back at Autumn Ring on race tires, and it just had far too much grip to make for any interesting racing, or even show us that we needed skill to get it around the track in a decent time. Having some of the lower PP race cars on sport tires has brought us into the realm of actually exploring what the limit of grip is like on those cars.

I just wanted to thank everyone at SNAIL for the racing for this past 3/4 of a year that I've been here. I've improved soooo much and it's truly all thanks to the experience I gained here.

I wouldn't have made it to 2nd in the US for GTA (since 3am last night, still there noon today) without you guys.

Also, I'm told this should be a highly guarded secret - but apparently Strapping Young Lad makes me put in my best laps.

I just wanted to thank everyone at SNAIL for the racing for this past 3/4 of a year that I've been here. I've improved soooo much and it's truly all thanks to the experience I gained here.

I wouldn't have made it to 2nd in the US for GTA (since 3am last night, still there noon today) without you guys.

Also, I'm told this should be a highly guarded secret - but apparently Strapping Young Lad makes me put in my best laps.

Heh I saw Devin Townsend (founder and lead singer from SYL) a few years back in Cleveland open up for Symphony X... They were pretty bad ass. Super awesome you are going to make the grade for the academy. Can't wait to see you on the podium ! (No pressure)
:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey guys. I have some very serious matters to discuss with all the snails about. I'll be online the entire day waiting for snail drivers to come into the Club lobby. This is very important. I wish to talk to everyone on a personal level regarding this situation that my father and the motorsports team I'm consulting with in terms of this idea. Please come into the lobby whenever you have time until then I'll see you guys online

Hey guys. I have some very serious matters to discuss with all the snails about. I'll be online the entire day waiting for snail drivers to come into the Club lobby. This is very important. I wish to talk to everyone on a personal level regarding this situation that my father and the motorsports team I'm consulting with in terms of this idea. Please come into the lobby whenever you have time until then I'll see you guys online
Sounds serious

Last edited:
Yes.

I have to wonder, front wheel drive, hybrid, turbo charged, LMP car, who was the madman who thought this was a good idea?

Big giant front tires on that thing and it won't do squat under braking. After a similar experience to NoSkill, I found the loonier you treat it the better it responds, except under low speed braking. Get all your braking done before you even think about turning.
Ah... Do all the braking before you turn. It really is a GTR! lol

So my old headset is now broken. It started outputting the audio to my speakers instead of the headset itself. I'm in a small room so there's a ton of backnoise when my mic is on. It also makes it so voices are hard to hear when driving because of the car's SFX.

So what are some good headsets if I cap myself at $100? I don't care about wires as long as they're really long.

So my old headset is now broken. It started outputting the audio to my speakers instead of the headset itself. I'm in a small room so there's a ton of backnoise when my mic is on. It also makes it so voices are hard to hear when driving because of the car's SFX.

So what are some good headsets if I cap myself at $100? I don't care about wires as long as they're really long.

http://bfy.tw/9gJ

Last edited:

I just bought the Logitech G930 on Amazon, I think it was about $80 US? Way cheaper than in stores.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa coming to PS4 next year. Kaz needs to get GT7 out and it needs to be a huge step up from the unfinished game that is GT6. If PD doesn't make some serious advancements in force feedback, tire model, AI, and physics they are going to fall into the same category of Need 4 Speed and be nothing more than an arcade game. They had the console all to themselves for a long time. Now there is real competition and other games are showing us what is possible.

And if no one ever voiced their opinion about things, good or bad, where would we be as a society? I never said once that I don't like the cars themselves, just the nature of them. I'd love if I could paint the 270R but it drives fine. I wish it wasn't standard just or the sake of photos but that's not world-shatteringly bad. And I just wish a race car was on racing tires because race car. Nothing more. It's the principle of it but that's our tire regs and they work so whatevs.

See? Opinions are great!

@jobyone You're right. I often forget that 60% of communication is body language, 33% vocal tonality and that just leaves 7% for the words. We need to use emoticons to show our intent.
well handled mr. penguin. This could've degenerated into something quite a bit more heated. Your posts in defense of your opinions show thought and care. Now, if the original post was of the same caliber, you probably would not have had to defend it at all. Once again, well handled, sir!
👍

Heh I saw Devin Townsend (founder and lead singer from SYL) a few years back in Cleveland open up for Symphony X... They were pretty bad ass. Super awesome you are going to make the grade for the academy. Can't wait to see you on the podium ! (No pressure)
:cheers:

If that lap ends up getting me to nationals I'll write a personal thank you note to Devy himself. Theres so much time left though that its not a sure thing even now. :)

I was about to post a summary of last Sunday night's D2 racing and I realised I hadn't posted the report on the previous race night.

So without further ado here is the missing information:

It was almost the perfect night for Xrad-11 who scored 98 points with his 4 wins and 2 second place finishes along with 3 pole positions and 3 fastest laps. It was a dominant performance that deserved a prize but unfortunately the turnout was low and the percentages went against him.

d217May_zpsdz9xsy30.jpg

Over the 3 previous race nights in May we had 3 different winners in D2 - SCHMEDRACER, MSgtGunny and Xrad-11 - and I was delighted that it was my time to have a good night and come away with the overall win. One of the highlights of the night for me was the fight for pole between MSgtGunny and myself. Towards the end of the lap the names at the top kept swapping over an over again and for a fraction of a second I thought I had done it but he pipped me by 0.084 which is pretty close after a lap of close to 4 mins!

D2May31_zpsqysff9bd.jpg

So that's it for the May season. At the end I managed to close the gap to Xrad and we both ended up tied at the top with 255 points. However, with his 7 wins throughout the month compared to my 3, the tie break and the season win deservedly goes to Xrad-11 so many congratulations to him!

Throughout the month and for various reasons the turnout for D2 was low with an average of 7 racers there every night. Despite this, it was a very enjoyable season and the only relevant F-words were fun, fair, fast and above all friendly. :cheers:

My thanks again to @MajorBlixem for the summary format. 👍

Back