◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Here are the official results from our league night on August 5th, 2012. This was the sixth week using our new format and the first week with five divisions. This means that Prize A, Prize B, and Prize C are to be selected by the division winners with the three highest scores. However, since we now have more divisions than we have prizes, I am implementing a rule that limits the number of Prize A and Prize B selections that can be made from each division to only one per month. This will ensure that the drivers from each division will have an equal opportunity to pick our new car and track combos.

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. WiiFreak ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 wins Prize C (scored 89 points)
  2. ADR_BRONCO ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. jlbowler ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. mrjones_80 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. howyakeeping1 ----- did not submit a vote
  7. RIP_Welsh_Don ----- did not submit a vote
  • Nic-KL ------------- DNR
  • Mighty_mopar ------ DNR
  • GTP_esh ----------- DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ----- DNR
  • JerseyDriverSS ----- DNR
  • EpicGonzago3 ------ DNR

Division 2
  1. hillracing ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 wins Prize B (scored 96 points)
  2. SPEED14231234 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. AG07WRXTR -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Turbo91stdcivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. AJK-VAIL ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. DrKronin ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. tcrash15 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. kcheeb ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. racefan78 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  11. SPIDERMANLOL1 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • GTP_dylansan ------ DNR
  • rofajole ------------ DNR
  • bdubclub ----------- DNR

Division 3
  1. moi_2212 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 (scored 84 points)
  2. JazzVanWolfe ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- did not submit vote
  5. zer05ive ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. rallywgn81 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Soren535 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. spooble ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. sethfraz22 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. GTP_BeRandom ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. Spaztastic_01 ------ did not submit a vote
  • bloodredsky -------- DNR
  • Da_Panda_Bear ----- DNR
  • KissMyGlock -------- DNR
  • chevbacca46 ------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR

Division 4
  1. tezgm99 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 (scored 85 points)
  2. cmbeal317 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Schmiggz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. aubdogg ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. GTP_SGPracing ------ did not submit a vote
  6. donconater --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ExoSphere64 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. chatva -------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. atongo619 ---------- did not submit a vote
  • ChuthuluGoat ------- DNR
  • Millerhd ------------- DNR
  • sudmanster --------- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz ---------- DNR

Division 5
  1. ANFD -------------- voted to eliminate Round 2 wins Prize A (scored 98 points)
  2. Skills_19657 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. TEX-36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. yer_mama904 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Handlebar-Man ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Wambo626 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. eagle123vick -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. jbica ---------------- did not submit a vote
  9. AJGH1000 ----------- did not submit a vote
  • g-MachineREX ------- DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • jboy32 -------------- DNR
  • Patches_McFluffy ---- DNR
  • nateral00 ------------ DNR

The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Maserati Granturismo S '08 @Suzuka Circuit
Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since ANFD wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
Round 1 - Honda S2000 '06 @Grand Valley Speedway
Therefore, either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since hillracing gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

WiiFreak gets Prize C, so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
I know it says still editing but if my math is right round 3 had 14 votes & round 2 had 10. So the Ferrari will be dropped it looks like & possibly Suzuka or the Maserati also. Reminder everyone Cat & Mouse 2NITE in D3 everyone welcome

Better hold your math until the editing is done, seth.

…it also says that tez didn't race, for example, but he did.

C'mon, guys.. There's HUGE red font that says "STILL EDITING!!" at both the top and the bottom of the post. I guess I should have known my process of working on the results post would have more errors pointed out when when I do it at 2 PM instead of 2 AM :lol:

c'mon, guys.. There's huge red font that says "still editing!!" at both the top and the bottom of the post. I guess i should have known my process of working on the results post would have more errors pointed out when when i do it at 2pm instead of 2am

Orly.jpg

Calling all S.N.A.I.L.s

Your resident data miner is looking to fill in some gaps. If you have any of the following replays I'd love to have them so I can complete our data set.

April 15 2012 D2 - Round 1 Race 1 & 2
April 29 2012 D3 - All Rounds All Races
May 6 2012 D3 - All Rounds All Races
July 8 2012 D2 - All Rounds All Races
July 29 2012 D3 - All Rounds All Races

Hope you can help out :)

Thanks

kcheeb

Hence my post, zer0…

Some people aren't as patient as others…

It's all good. I should have done it last night. Those dang Olympics!! Faster, higher, stronger!!

I just can't get enough!! :sly:

EDIT: somewhat anticipating a Depeche Mode reference.. :lol:

Wham! The results post has been completed for the most part. Please pay special attention to the large purple font if you have any racing complaints to make this week. You have until 10pm EST to file a complaint.

Prize Winners, please start thinking about what you will select for your Prizes. That way, if/when you are declared an official prize winner after the complaint filing period is over, you'll be able to quickly announce your selection.

I'm pretty sure GTP_SGPracing did submit a vote....but I can't remember which one :dunce:

Going through the races from D4 now for photo opportunities :sly:

Edit: disappointed to see the Maserati dropped completely, it was all about smoothness with that at Suzuka which suited me :(

I'm pretty sure GTP_SGPracing did submit a vote....but I can't remember which one :dunce:

Going through the races from D4 now for photo opportunities :sly:

Edit: disappointed to see the Maserati dropped completely, it was all about smoothness with that at Suzuka which suited me :(

Yes, the smoothness of freshly pressed grass, stamped down by 1700 kg of spinning cars, backlit by a beautiful spray of gravel and an iridescent cascade of color as the spinning cars bask in the eternal sunlight of that Suzuka hell...

Yah, I'm disappointed... just like that... :yuck:

Nicely done, Handlebar. Nicely done.

Seems like every time we race at Suzuka it's in an overweight behemoth. If we should be forced to race there again, let it be in something a bit more agile.

Why don't we use the spec tires? :confused:

Does anyone know of a thread that lists the stock tires that come with each of the cars in GT5? I don't really need to know the stock cars for every car, but a list of stock tires for at least the premium cars would be really helpful.

I'd like to compile some data to see if there's any kind of trend or correlation between a car's PP and the tires that they come with. Obviously, there won't a simple formula that will work with all pairings of cars and tires, but I'd like to at least compare the data without having to buy all of the cars and create the data myself - call me lazy!

Does anyone know of a thread that lists the stock tires that come with each of the cars in GT5? I don't really need to know the stock cars for every car, but a list of stock tires for the premium cars would be really helpful.

I'd like to compile some data to see if there's any kind of trend or correlation between a car's PP and the tires that come with it. Obviously, there won't a simple formula that will work with all pairings of cars and tires, but I'd like to at least compare the data without having to buy all of the cars and create the data myself - call my lazy!
I've been keeping track of what tires come stock for each car in my garage, though most of them aren't premium.

There's some correlation but it isn't clear cut. Some cars with lower PP have softer tires than those with greater PP. For example, the 329PP Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto has CS tires stock, while the 339PP Toyota Carina has CM tires.

I've been keeping track of what tires come stock for each car in my garage, though most of them aren't premium.

There's some correlation but it isn't clear cut. Some cars with lower PP have softer tires than those with greater PP. For example, the 329PP Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto has CS tires stock, while the 339PP Toyota Carina has CM tires.

In that case, the Spider probably would have come stock with a bias ply tire which were usually quite soft by design. The newer Carina would probably have a more economy based tire on it from the factory.

Most high end sports cars would probably come with the equivelant of SM or SS but I can't recall seeing much of anything in game that comes with anything above SH.

A good reason for not using the Spec tires is that PD was lazy when they assigned them.

Example: McLaren F1, BMW M5, Lotus Esprit V8, and an Evo X all come with SH tires assigned. These cars spread a range of 150 PP or so but PD claims they would all come with the same level of tire equipped. This doesn't make any sense to me. If it makes sense to anyone, please explain it to me.

I think we could have used a restart for one of the races in D3 last night. Have a look at what was used in FMSC season 4 under Race Procedure for self grid placement. It worked perfectly.

A good reason for not using the Spec tires is that PD was lazy when they assigned them.

Example: McLaren F1, BMW M5, Lotus Esprit V8, and an Evo X all come with SH tires assigned. These cars spread a range of 150 PP or so but PD claims they would all come with the same level of tire equipped. This doesn't make any sense to me. If it makes sense to anyone, please explain it to me.
Yeah I don't think PD assigned spec tires because of anything, it's just random.

I don't know about the McLaren, but I looked up the other three cars on the Tire Rack and found some interesting results. I looked up the 2010 M5, the 2010 Evo, and the 2004 Esprit. They all came with Z rated tires, 255/285 width for the M3, 245 for the Evo, and 235 for the Esprit, but not similar compounds. The Evo has the highest performing tire, called "Extreme Performance", the M5 "Max Performance", and the Esprit "Ultra High Performance." In reading TireRack's description, they don't talk about the compound so much as they do the amount of dry grip, however, would that correlate to PD's tire grades?

dabneyd
I don't know about the McLaren, but I looked up the other three cars on the Tire Rack and found some interesting results. I looked up the 2010 M5, the 2010 Evo, and the 2004 Esprit. They all came with Z rated tires, 255/285 width for the M3, 245 for the Evo, and 235 for the Esprit, but not similar compounds. The Evo has the highest performing tire, called "Extreme Performance", the M5 "Max Performance", and the Esprit "Ultra High Performance." In reading TireRack's description, they don't talk about the compound so much as they do the amount of dry grip.

Very scientific and unbiased marketing, to be sure...

The speed rating of a tire has absolutly nothing to do with the grip it will provide. The speed rating merely tells you at what speed the structure of the tire will begin to fail after a certain amount of time.

Division 4 racing -

S2000 at GVS:

Pretty sure three wide into turn one isn't going to work...
GrandValleySpeedway_1-2.jpg

Don and I shooting the gap
GrandValleySpeedway_2-1.jpg

The battle for race 1 honours was tight, with aubdogg, Schmiggz, beal and Exo all right together
GrandValleySpeedway_8-1.jpg

Schmiggs was able to hang on for the win
GrandValleySpeedway_10.jpg

Race two saw SPGracing take an early lead
GrandValleySpeedway_12.jpg

Alas, both he and chatva lost it coming out of the hairpin
GrandValleySpeedway_15.jpg

Me stalking don for the lead
GrandValleySpeedway_17.jpg

Making the move at the start of lap 4
GrandValleySpeedway_19.jpg

Don didn't let me pull away until he got a bit too much kerb
GrandValleySpeedway_22.jpg

Leaving me to manage the gap in the car I liked least of the three :rolleyes:
GrandValleySpeedway_23.jpg

Maserati at Suzuka

Schmiggs leading the pack in race 3
SuzukaCircuit-1.jpg

I settled in for a lonely drive having outbraked myself on lap one....
SuzukaCircuit_3-1.jpg

....but the Maserati wasn't the easiest car to control and I was back with the pack soon enough
SuzukaCircuit_5.jpg

Aubdogg tagged along with me
SuzukaCircuit_9.jpg

....then tagged me in 130R but we both got away unscathed
SuzukaCircuit_7.jpg

The lead battle was between Canadians; Schmiggs and SPGracing
SuzukaCircuit_8.jpg

While I managed to battle back to second after beal and SPGracing had offs on the last lap and Schmiggs won again.
SuzukaCircuit_14.jpg

Race four didn't go his way however after SPGracing lost it in 130R and collected him, leaving me with this view
SuzukaCircuit_15.jpg

What did my driving instructor say about this....was it 'stick to the middle of the road, mash the throttle and hope they've gone off on the side somewhere'? :sly:
SuzukaCircuit_16.jpg

This little slide from atongo allowed me to slip past into second, but beal was long gone
SuzukaCircuit_17.jpg

Ferrari at Indy

Don leads us through turn one
RoadCourse-Indy.jpg

The draft was huge here; I had about a second going into the braking zone, yet aubdogg and Exo closed right up
RoadCourse-Indy_2.jpg

Schmiggs, aubdogg and myself fighting for second
RoadCourse-Indy_5.jpg

....as don had cleared off to take an easy victory
RoadCourse-Indy_7.jpg

aubdogg and myself managed to sneak past Schmiggs when his tyres finally gave out on the very last corner
RoadCourse-Indy_9.jpg

Alas for don, things didn't go as smoothly in race six
RoadCourse-Indy_14.jpg

And nor did it for Schmiggs as a bump in the braking zone sent him into no man's land
RoadCourse-Indy_10.jpg

Aubdogg and I resumed our battle
RoadCourse-Indy_11.jpg

....with beal waiting to pounce just behind us
RoadCourse-Indy_16.jpg

RoadCourse-Indy_18.jpg

Aubdogg made a great criss-cross to nip by me into second
RoadCourse-Indy_19.jpg

And while SPGracing won the race
RoadCourse-Indy_20.jpg

Aubdogg lead home myself and beal
RoadCourse-Indy_21.jpg