◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,648 comments
New combo is awesome. Ran a few laps with sjc and some others and we were hitting mid-low 28s without a draft on good laps. I can see lap times get down to 27s with enough practice, maybe even 26s for you aliens

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 5, 2016

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1

• vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • ness24_O ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • lllTrick ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2

• MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • GTMX-Oscar -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • turnupdaheat ------ did not submit a vote
Division 3

• WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • TXAH606 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 4

• MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • John-Rambo_4g ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • JCH8r ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • GTLehman ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Partyacdriver1 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5

• ScorpionPHVH57 ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Beastmodeprime35 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • cliffeden --------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 GT-Limited (FC) '85 (Comfort: Soft) at Suzuka Circuit 2014 (4 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Kgffy wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - SRT SRT4 '03 (Sports: Hard) at Apricot Hill Raceway / Reverse (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Engmatic1 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @src_ej6 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Almost 3 years into Snail and I have won my first prize. came close many times and at one point seems like I would be the 'Stirling Moss' of SNAIL. But thanks to a merry bunch of mangoes it's happened.
I choose to freeze the SRT SRT4 '03 (Sports: Hard)
@USERID_77a23 , where are we going to take this fun car buddy.

CONGRATS TO @chevy_usa1101 FOR THE WIN SUNDAY, WELL DONE SIR. 👍

image.jpeg

Also like to give a big shout to @Engmatic1 ....Good things come to those that wait, as they say. @TBongX will be happy the Neon is sticking around. He thinks that car is the "Bong" ....er I mean the "Bomb" :lol:

Almost 3 years into Snail and I have won my first prize. came close many times and at one point seems like I would be the 'Stirling Moss' of SNAIL. But thanks to a merry bunch of mangoes it's happened.
I choose to freeze the SRT SRT4 '03 (Sports: Hard)
@USERID_77a23 , where are we going to take this fun car buddy.

Good call matic, I however have not won a prize.

@src_ej6 you're up!

CONGRATS TO @chevy_usa1101 FOR THE WIN SUNDAY, WELL DONE SIR. 👍

View attachment 555802

Also like to give a big shout to @Engmatic1 ....Good things come to those that wait, as they say. @TBongX will be happy the Neon is sticking around. He thinks that car is the "Bong" ....er I mean the "Bomb" :lol:

Thanks mate. It was good combo in the first place @TBongX .

Good call matic, I however have not won a prize.

@src_ej6 you're up!

My sincere apologies @src_ej6 . I had two thoughts running through my mind at the time.

funny-kids-eating-like-boss-meme.jpg

All reviews done

Last edited by a moderator:
I would almost pay to race with that group
I would have to agree with that statement because last year, I've raced some of these members in SNAIL, and also it would be a treat for everyone to race them again for one last time.

Last edited:
Anything can tow anything if you are careful! Think about strong men pulling semis, pretty sure a human isn't supposed to be able to pull it yet they do :) :sly:
Tow ratings take in to account stopping the load once you've got it moving. If that Honda was on a trailer instead of being flat towed on a tow rope and able to use it's own brakes that Smarts brakes would have no chance of standing up to repeated stops. That's beside the point of the added stress on drivetrain components that were never designed to cope with the extra stress as well or how well(or lack thereof) of chassis reinforcement was done at the point of hook up. Towing isn't just being able to move an object, it's about how big an object your vehicle can move safely.

Tow ratings take in to account stopping the load once you've got it moving. If that Honda was on a trailer instead of being flat towed on a tow rope and able to use it's own brakes that Smarts brakes would have no chance of standing up to repeated stops. That's beside the point of the added stress on drivetrain components that were never designed to cope with the extra stress as well or how well(or lack thereof) of chassis reinforcement was done at the point of hook up. Towing isn't just being able to move an object, it's about how big an object your vehicle can move safely.
Well seeing as the honda isn't on a trailer and the line is a slack line and not a rigid bar I would more then assume that their is another person in the honda steering it and controlling the brakes there goes a lot of the tow weight.

As for added stress upon the frame and drivetrain that's where the terrain, distance and ability of both drivers comes into play. I'm not saying it's the best thing for that little car but it's not much worse than 2 350+ pound people cruising in a smart 4 2 which i have seen :)

Well seeing as the honda isn't on a trailer and the line is a slack line and not a rigid bar I would more then assume that their is another person in the honda steering it and controlling the brakes there goes a lot of the tow weight.

As for added stress upon the frame and drivetrain that's where the terrain, distance and ability of both drivers comes into play. I'm not saying it's the best thing for that little car but it's not much worse than 2 350+ pound people cruising in a smart 4 2 which i have seen :)
I take it you've never towed anything, but the only way to flat tow with a rope is to have someone in the car in the back operating the steering and brakes otherwise it would wander all over then slam into you when you stopped. In a case like this the rear car should do the majority if not all of the braking so that way the rope stays tight, you're not supposed to have that much slack in the line so when you're ready to take off it's less of shock to the drivetrain, suspension and chassis/unibody. Also, you're comparing 700lbs to 3200-3500lbs before you take into account the drivers of the Smart and Accord, 200lbs over GVWR isn't really comparable to 3000-3300lbs over GVWR.

Another thing, you saw 700lbs worth of people in a two seater? Which part of America were you visiting?

I take it you've never towed anything, but the only way to flat tow with a rope is to have someone in the car in the back operating the steering and brakes otherwise it would wander all over then slam into you when you stopped. In a case like this the rear car should do the majority if not all of the braking so that way the rope stays tight, you're not supposed to have that much slack in the line so when you're ready to take off it's less of shock to the drivetrain, suspension and chassis/unibody. Also, you're comparing 700lbs to 3200-3500lbs before you take into account the drivers of the Smart and Accord, 200lbs over GVWR isn't really comparable to 3000-3300lbs over GVWR.

Another thing, you saw 700lbs worth of people in a two seater? Which part of America were you visiting?
Lol I use to be a semi driver, I also have towed a lot of my friends cars with a slack line, I also said "I would more then assume" because you can see the driver in the honda.

As for 700lbs of people there's a couple here in town with a smart car the two of them are not small in the least, he's about 6'3", she's about 6'. We see them about town in it all the time!

Not blazing fast, but still pretty decent. My fastest lap at Watkins Glen. I only had 6 green flag laps before the radiator blew and this was on lap 2; 2:27.688.

Holy smokes! Are you guys running snow tires or something??? ;)

Pretty clean lap I'd say, looked like you went a smidge too deep heading into the boot though, tires sounded like they were at their limit! Nice lap!

I'm not saying it's the best thing for that little car but it's not much worse than 2 350+ pound people cruising in a smart 4 2 which i have seen :)

Some of my 'smart' friends fall into this category.

Somewhere in the south, plus they pull a small trailer loaded to the hilt and put over 100K miles on the car before they sold it.

... That's beside the point of the added stress on drivetrain components that were never designed to cope with the extra stress as well or how well(or lack thereof) of chassis reinforcement was done at the point of hook up...

Chassis reinforcement?? Barney doesn't reinforce his chassis and look what he puts his through:

Holy smokes! Are you guys running snow tires or something??? ;)

Pretty clean lap I'd say, looked like you went a smidge too deep heading into the boot though, tires sounded like they were at their limit! Nice lap!

We use BFGoodrich Rival tires, 200TW. 180TW is the "stickiest" we can go. These tires talk to you a lot and they had 8 hours from Pittsburgh last fall and 2-3 hours from Friday's practice on them, so they were well worn at this point. We put new Rival S's on for Sunday and I was told they had more grip, but didn't make hardly any noise. I prefer the squeal.

As for turn 6, heading into the boot. That turn has all of us a bit gun shy, since that's where my cousin rolled the Volvo last year. I went so far as to not downshift to 3rd as to not have to worry about getting my rev-match perfect. I was a little late on this particular lap, but that's better than being early here :)

Back