◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
Prize A Announcement -
Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2016 (253K) @ Alsace 09:00 Cloudy (for photo reasons)
Lap times: 02:10

Note:
This is the Road Car version... some got the racing version yesterday as it has almost an identical name.

Question to the BoD - With the 2 lap qualifier we are saving a bit of time. When we have combos that barely go over the 2 min lap time, it seems that we should be able to increase it to 6 laps given the savings of the new qually procedure.

This was brought up yesterday during the test session.

Are the combos posted yet? :dopey:
Practice room open.

0474 6146 5841 6340 1796

What tires?

White Walls

coker-classic-whitewall-radial_1.png

I can understand having 3 but 6?? what are they security guards?

They won't let me have a PS4 at work.

Probably programmers of some kind or dealing with complex auto cad or other blueprint program. I have done some stuff with flow charts in Visio where three just barely does the job.
He wishes it was something more like that. He's an audit compliance guy. 4 run a few tools, databases and/or whatever regulations hes working through. One usually has a live ticker of his stocks, and the other is generally rdp'd inti his server at home. He's a bit of a data horder.

Last edited:
While the "friends only" lobby seems like a nice idea, it was kind of a pain when we used it in the past. What if the regular host or backup isn't racing? There's a scramble to get everyone on the friends list of another host. Previously you had to accept the friend request and both players had to leave the game and relaunch before the system would recognize the two as friends and show the room. It was a mess. If all of that was fixed and we knew that the host or backup would always be there, it could work. I think "friends only" rooms are limited to fixed host as well. That presents another set of issues. While it may help with some connection issues, fixed host does not fix the connection issues, it just shows them in a different way. Additionally, it makes the whole room dependent upon one connection which can be a good thing or a bad thing.
Isn't that why we are also posting room id numbers? Does friends only rooms not have those numbers?

Important Announcement

With the update to GTS and whatever physics change was made with it, the time trials that were run by all drivers are no longer an accurate benchmark for placing incoming drivers. We need all active drivers to run the time trial and submit your time via the form that is linked right here. I suggest that you spend a few minutes checking out the changes to the game and the way the car will drive before you run the trial. We would like for everyone to do this as soon as possible so that we have a reliable data set to compare new drivers to and place them more accurately.

Nobody will be moved between divisions based solely on this time trial. It is only to help the league with new driver placement.

Just putting this out again. Please, if you haven't already this week, go an run the time trial again and submit so that we can update our data along with the update to the physics in game.

@Wolfsatz #ThrowBackThursday All of our Christmas shopping been done here. All that is left for me to do is buying the PCARS2 Season Pass and the One year subscription to PS Plus on the Playstation store. My first arcade racer at the arcade was Pole Position. My first console racer if you can consider it a racer was excite bike.

Last edited:
I had pole position. Amazing how far racing games have come. We are so spoiled these days. I remember being blown away by rad racer with its cardboard 3D glasses lol.

THIS!!!! Those little green beetles were so fast in fact it made me mad regularly that I was in what looked to be a ferarri, and those little green bastards were so fast. That was the first racing game that made me truly invest time for hours on end. Pole position was fun but Rad Racer was the one that grabbed me by my jimmies. A salute to sore thumbs on that little rectangular controller.

In fact typing about that made me remember, made a deal with my dad. If I could come up with half the money for a NES ( had to be about '86 or '87) he would cover the other half. Worked a morning and afternoon paper route for a few months until had that $60 bucks. Rad Racer was the first game I ever bought at the time when I purchased my first system. We had older gen systems, but this one was MINE.

Last edited:
My favorite part of pole position was when you crashed and your tire went bouncing down the track. I was to young back then to get sucked in by racing games. I played a lot of gyromite, zelda, super mario, bubble bobble, ghosts and goblins, Castlevania and so on. It wasnt until the need for speed franchise that i got turned onto racing, and the first GT that i became obsessed.

8 Track "cassette?" Not sure what the individual items were called like discs, cassettes, tapes, but it's for an 8 Track Player?

Last edited:
My favorite part of pole position was when you crashed and your tire went bouncing down the track. I was to young back then to get sucked in by racing games. I played a lot of gyromite, zelda, super mario, bubble bobble, ghosts and goblins, Castlevania and so on. It wasnt until the need for speed franchise that i got turned onto racing, and the first GT that i became obsessed.

while I played Pole Position, it was always borrowed so never got to play much with it. However, i played a lot of PacMan, Frogger, Missile Attack, Asteroids and Indiana Jones.

it was not until I played NFS Porsche Unleashed that I got hooked into racing.

PU-HillClimb.jpg

Back