◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,807 comments
I wasn't sure but was hoping a response would provoke some kind of discussion. The newest calendar I could find was 2015 and with X-Mas on a Friday we still had off the Sunday of the 27th.

This year with Christmas Eve falling directly on Sunday I doubt many people will be available for an inaugural GTSport Holiday Special Event, right?

Seeing that we are not racing SNAIL on Christmas Eve are you putting something together or just asking if someone else is going to?

Has the starting time for Sunday Night races changed? I know last week started early, because of server maintenance.

Room goes up at or shortly after 9 eastern and qualifying starts at 9:30 every Sunday unless otherwise specified in this thread. Sorry if this caused confusion for anyone this response was for @TBongX

Has the starting time for Sunday Night races changed? I know last week started early, because of server maintenance.

Last edited:
I liked the sim damage element. You need to find a balance between going fast but also taking care of your car as well as the drivers around you.

With that said...is anyone interested in helping resurrect SNAIL Cat & Mouse? @Wolfsatz ? We used to do it Fridays for a while, and then we started doing Bowlers Index racing and it took a backseat to that. I've been itching to try some C&M in sport, and its also fun just to have a night where we all let loose and throw caution to the wind after racing and practicing clean during the week. It looks like our old thread has been archived but I can make a new one if theres enough interest. Doesnt have to be on Friday. Just whatever day works best for the majority (obviously besides Sundays and Thursdays)

Hummmmmmmmmmmm trying to come up with a new livery design

meditation.jpg

I liked the sim damage element. You need to find a balance between going fast but also taking care of your car as well as the drivers around you.

With that said...is anyone interested in helping resurrect SNAIL Cat & Mouse? @Wolfsatz ? We used to do it Fridays for a while, and then we started doing Bowlers Index racing and it took a backseat to that. I've been itching to try some C&M in sport, and its also fun just to have a night where we all let loose and throw caution to the wind after racing and practicing clean during the week. It looks like our old thread has been archived but I can make a new one if theres enough interest. Doesnt have to be on Friday. Just whatever day works best for the majority (obviously besides Sundays and Thursdays)

i was just thinking the same thing about starting either a Wednesday or Friday series now that membership is a bit healthier. I am always down for some C&M Luv!

But my idea for a formal series was to do something similar to what Sr. OMG @TomMang_68 but with the cars that we we wont use for some time.
Something like the SNAIL CKC Millionaire Circuit so that we can race the cool cars.

20171201172706 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Got to get while the gettin's good. As of yesterday, it seems the images I already downloaded in my collection are still available for use, despite being nothing more than big orange triangles in the search. Hopefully they remain usable, as one of them was already determined to be my livery 'signature.' :lol:

I told him to choose any of your 3 combos. He said he is not able to test. ... needs suggestions.

That may be difficult as 2 of the 3 cars are outlawed. Cars purchased from the mileage exchange cannot be used on Sunday (kind of why I picked them)

I'm liking your idea of including or using outlawed cars on a different night too ; )

That may be difficult as 2 of the 3 cars are outlawed. Cars purchased from the mileage exchange cannot be used on Sunday (kind of why I picked them)

I'm liking your idea of including or using outlawed cars on a different night too ; )

Depending upon payouts for events in GT League, the credit cap my be revised sooner rather than later. As for the mileage exchange cars, that could be a whole different issue. If they're not ever made available anywhere besides the slow rotation they are on now then they will probably never be allowed on Sunday night.

Personally, I already have all the cars that can be bought with credits. I have two pace cars and all of the road cars that have been put up in the mileage exchange. I would guess that not everyone is in this situation, especially someone who would be getting the game for Christmas and joining us after that.

C&M doesnt have to be a "formal" series that runs every week. I can see it just being something we can do occasionaly if the numbers are there. It does require a thread and some organization though so we can determine cars/teams/colors ahead of time so we dont waste time in the lobby.

Speaking of inappropriate liverys.. just before the lobby went up Sunday night I realized I had forgotten to grab a livery for the Porsche. Found a basic red one with a GT3 logo on the side and a carbon fiber hood. Ok cool good enough.

Fast forward to the Porsche combo, we start lining up for qualifying and I notice this on my bumper!
Screenshot_2017-12-06-11-32-27-1.png

Wtf?? A minion giving the one finger salute, great.... My apologies to D1, I had no idea this was on my car :lol: cant see the tail end from the thumbnail screen when you download. I'll know for next time to double check that...geez

@JLBowler Would it ever be the case that only the car currently in Mileage Exchange is allowed?

No and here's why. Cars have to be "readily available" in order to be considered for Sunday night. Imagine a current mileage exchange car being allowed and then the mileage exchange updates, that car is gone, but it didn't get voted off. Now we have a car in the lineup that is not only not "readily available" but is not available at all.

Back