◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I think I might go on vacation until the Tesla is out of the lineup. Maybe I judge too much while racing based on the sound of the engine or something, but I just can't drive that electric tail wagger.

If things get too bad don't be surprised if I'm going around the track in reverse…it is just as fast that way, after all.

Has anyone else wondered why the Tesla makes the same "idling car sound" that regular cars do when you're driving it through the paint shop?

Thats better than how it sounds on the race track. Once you get up past arround 8k rpms it starts to sound like the love child of a dental drill and a tea kettle.

Thanks wolfsatz, skills, Iroquois and gamble for reminding me how important practice is. I felt rusty tonight but it was fun. Even when I could not shift in that silly car with 1 gear:)

I would like to join

Hey Ntc3nut,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. 👍 Welcome.

EDIT: stupid cut and paste, should be: if you can get me your time trial before 6:00 PM Eastern time tomorrow we'll get you racing Sunday night 👍
If you can get me your time trial in the next hour, we can get you racing tonight.

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The original post has a lot of information regarding the league, commit it to memory ;)

The second post has the current race lineup and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events feel free to jump in and partake!

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Last edited:
I received a message from ''SNAIL_SpecRacing who told me to sign in ... never heard of this league .... i would like to sign in as the league seems better than other simple leagues ....
i saw there were races tommorrow , may i can put myself on grid ....
PSN: Aughablo ...
race you soon i hope :)

I received a message from ''SNAIL_SpecRacing who told me to sign in ... never heard of this league .... i would like to sign in as the league seems better than other simple leagues ....
i saw there were races tommorrow , may i can put myself on grid ....
PSN: Aughablo ...
race you soon i hope :)

Hey Weesty,

I see you're from France, we race at 10:00 PM Eastern time which makes it 3:00 AM your time, are you available to race then?

Cheers,

kcheeb

So how is everyone doing with the new combos? I have to say I was thrown off a little, never did Madrid reverse and never been serious with an electric car. I've been killing myself over them for 3 days straight :lol:

I have had a busy week, but I am going to hit D1 to see what I can learn.

Tezgm99,

I want to slightly amend my color combo:

Car: Lime Green Metallic (same)
Wheels: Chrome Orange Metallic (was silver chrome)

Last edited:
Holy Guacamole.

The Tesla is the 'MacLaren 2.0'. :-(

Handle,
Treat it gently and be easy on the Throttle and Wheel, slight tiny adjustments to avoid the tail happy spinouts. Can I guess your Sunday's vote? :crazy:

Here is my Sunday Race Night set up!

G27_zps936c242f.jpg

Wolf, do you race with the load indicators on? Does it help?

To anyone interested, we are going to do a one-make series on the Tuner/Team series. This Tuesday we will just be testing, so if you want to kick back for an evening, even if you don't want to participate in the series, join us in an unmodified S15 RM.

If you do want to join us, then find a team mate (no draft, so yes, Diabolic and Mopar can race together again if they want). You can tune the car, or you can find a tuner. The first race of the new series will be next Tuesday, the second of October.

Wolf, do you race with the load indicators on? Does it help?

Yes it does. Especially in long races when you are in tire saving mode; in races for a few laps I just ignore it; but I always have it there. It is also very useful racing at Nurburing Nordschleife.

Last Tuesday night was a lot of fun, so I hope to make it next Tuesday. Is the Silvia in the Nissan New Car Dealership?

Last edited:
Back