◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I'd just like to say that the only reason I'm up this early on Sunday was so I could watch F1 from Singapore....I'll be fine for tonight though since NASCAR are on the most boring track ever created so I'll get some good sleeping time while that's on :)

25 miles an hour? That's stupid slow. My grandma drives faster. How can Tesla even say their car can go 245 miles, because no one that buys this car is going to go 25 MPH for 9.5 hours. Testing over.

I am not going to be able to make tonights races.

I do however want to run the combos so I am going to hop in D1 about 9:15-9:30 PST (12:15-12:30 EST). If anyone else missed out on tonights races and wants to join me just show up. Also if the night did not go well for anyone and you want a second go Head to D1.

Nothing formal although I will keep score and of course as always S.N.A.I.L. OLR rules apply.

These following images are of the closest finish I've ever been a part of.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_zps281c2126.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1_zps591131da.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2_zps18797e53.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3_zpsa0de3223.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4_zps68dfd69d.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6_zps8a249a24.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7_zps9f510bc5.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_8_zpsdab154b2.jpg

The final results put me in first place and a gap of 0.000 to Dr.Greenthumb.
Awesome! Its Great when racing is that good.

Not going to be able to make it on in time tonite....Ravens/Patriots game......GO RAVENS!. Ill shoot to get in on next weeks action.

Dab, nice man. I'm gonna build a cockpit as soon as I get a few house projects done. Maybe do my racing arcade thing finally. How does the PVC feel?

I won't be able to make Div 2 tonight :grumpy:

Hope you guys have fun and nobody gets stuck with a "box full of neutrals" like Hamilton today :sly:

Dab, nice man. I'm gonna build a cockpit as soon as I get a few house projects done. Maybe do my racing arcade thing finally. How does the PVC feel?

Thanks! It feels good, it's light but still is strong enough to handle everything. It needs a bit of weight to keep the front end planted (pictured), but that's the only issue I have.

Dabney,
What is the tubular set up? That looks very good! Frabricated / bought?

It's 2" ABS plastic plumbing pipe and I put it all together. I built one out of 3" PVC before, but it was quite heavy and the angles were not right. The ABS is easier to cut, but I bought the proper cutting tool when I moved to ABS. Wear gloves if you're cutting either one; I shredded my fingers on the PVC.

S.N.A.I.L. Drivers Meeting​

The “Golden Rule” of Motorsports - “It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free.”

1. S.N.A.I.L. OLR Highlite

01: S.N.A.I.L. OLR General Rules:

C: You are expected to compete in a fair and honest manner. Fair and honest means according to the S.N.A.I.L. online racing rules, not according to your own interpretation of fair and honest.

D: You are expected to drive responsibly in a way that’s not likely to ruin the racing enjoyment of your fellow drivers.

E: You are expected not to submit to bad general behaviour under all circumstances.

F: Try to maintain a generally affable nature with the rest of the group; both in the thread and on the game. Some friendly rib-jabbing is expected. This isn't church.

G: You are expected to behave like sporting gentlemen and women at all times.

H: The position of other drivers must always be respected.

I: Aggressive driving is strictly prohibited.

2. GTPlanet Good Racecraft Guide Highlite

Overtaking & Being Overtaken:

• When the driver of the car in front has made an error & gone wide into a corner, the well mannered driver behind will go for the overtake but leaves just enough room for him as he accelerates out, this is because he knows that the other car is still going round on the outside of the track. An inexperienced driver, or one with bad manners, will also go for the overtake but accelerates out of the corner at full speed using all of the proper racing line as if he is the only one on track. This leads to contact, pushing the other driver off track, or even an incident involving multiple cars if battling in a pack. You will not see gentlemanly racers causing this kind of unnecessary incident through such a lack of manners.

Please read and understand what I posted in the spirit of S.N.A.I.L., a group dedicated to playing a game for fun and enjoyment by all S.N.A.I.L.s.

With that in mind, please be aware of the courteous and gentlemanly drivers tonight. We have something in store :)

Good racing tonight all,

kcheeb

P.S. Feel free to discuss or comment on any or all of this post 👍

Back