◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I choose the Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro ’09 around trial mountain circuit

Hmm...looking at the calendar I see Road Course Daytona hasn't been run since March. The real question is...what course(s) haven't been run yet? I'd pick a "new" track first...if not then RCD comes to mind...throwing the Camaro around there would be fun lol

Prize A and Prize B have been selected!! Which means..

..the November 4th lineup has been posted!!

This will be the first week of the November season! (An announcement on the October results will be made soon).
:gtpflag:

Hey guys, I've been busy working on a project but trying my best to keep up. After reviewing replays from Sunday night I have to post this section from "The Good Racecraft Guide", a link you will also find in the first post of this thread under the section- Rules.

Drafting:
It is considered extremely unsporting to weave about left & right all over the track trying to stop your opponent from drafting you, it is also quite undignified, & not at all gentlemanly (do not confuse this with blocking by weaving to stop another driver from passing you, which as you already know, is against the OLR). A well mannered & intelligent racer may choose to take a variety of different lines through corners to try to minimise the amount of draft his opponent gets, he is entitled to take any line he wishes being the driver in front. Also, when coming onto the straight, he may continue turning past the track out point, & take a different line down it. From then on however, manners dictate that he only has 1 move either left or right to choose his line into the next turn, this should be done early & slowly enough to give other drivers following behind a fair chance to react, lest there be an otherwise avoidable incident.

References to tracks from earlier GT games really brought back some cool memories. Although it doesn't show, I have been playing GT since the first incarnation on PS1. It was always my "filler" game. It was the game that kept me happy in between other games and over the years, what it really did was keep me in touch with the little kid in me that loved to play with cars. I know I have said this before but as a member of this league, I have really learned what it is to really drive and to race. I just want to take [another] moment to thank all of the creators, promoters and racers for what this is all about... The Reel Werld can be a stinker at times and I really enjoy the diversion that SNAIL racing gives me. A humble thanks to all involved!

Long Live SNAIL!!

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

fiestauk / SPEED14231234
  • Level 3 - 10 Points. Three week probation.

GumballCGT / GumballCGT
  • Level 2 - 5 Points. Doubled to 10 for probation. Six week probation remains.

Division 2

Drgreenthumb977 / Drrgreenthumb67
  • Several Incidents. Driver is already on probation. Night's Disqualification and an official warning to clean it up or move on. Six week probation remains.

Division 3

astrias / Astrias
  • Level 2 - 5 points
  • Level 3 - 9 points
  • Total: 14 points. Doubled for probation to 28. Six week probation remains.

Berdiyev / BerdiyevA
  • Ghosting Violation. 1 point.
  • Blocking on a straight. 2 points.
  • Total: 3 points and one week probation.

kendawg / kendawg198
  • Blocking on a straight. 1 point

Division 5

Jfin / Jfin07
    • Level 1 - 1 point
    • Level 1 - 3 points. Halved to 2 for on-track concession.
    • Level 1 - 4 points
    • Total: 7 points. Doubled to 14 for probation. Six weeks probation remains.

These changes affect the final standings.

kendawg198 finished with 86 points, which was enough for Prize C. Congrats!

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

GumballCGT / GumballCGT
  • Level 2 - 5 Points. Doubled to 10 for probation. Six week probation remains.

Is this just two weeks added to my previous four week probation to make six? Cause I know I've done three weeks now so I have three weeks more? lol. Just seeing if I understand right.

References to tracks from earlier GT games really brought back some cool memories. Although it doesn't show, I have been playing GT since the first incarnation on PS1. It was always my "filler" game. It was the game that kept me happy in between other games and over the years, what it really did was keep me in touch with the little kid in me that loved to play with cars. I know I have said this before but as a member of this league, I have really learned what it is to really drive and to race. I just want to take [another] moment to thank all of the creators, promoters and racers for what this is all about... The Reel Werld can be a stinker at times and I really enjoy the diversion that SNAIL racing gives me. A humble thanks to all involved!

Long Live SNAIL!!

Long Live Exo! ;)

Your Steward Report for the Week

As always, a huge thanks goes out to the stewards for taking the time and making the effort to review all of the racing complaints. I've updated the results post to reflect the penalties issues.

This wraps up the October season and what a season it was! I'll be announcing the season champions in the morning, but a resourceful SNAIL already knows where to go to find that info. :cool:

Is this just two weeks added to my previous four week probation to make six? Cause I know I've done three weeks now so I have three weeks more? lol. Just seeing if I understand right.

You were at four weeks and I added two. I suppose I could subtract one for this week, but on the other hand you had a penalty this week while on probation so do you deserve to be credited with the subtraction of a week for driving cleanly?

22709_541623762519960_1434401792_n.jpg

So, hows everyone liking the R8?

The R8 is fun and definitely a challenge. I know it's always important to hit your marks and run the perfect racing line, but it's ESPECIALLY important at Trial Mountain in the R8. Through the first sector...turns 2-4, if you get off line the slightest bit, you WILL spin out.

Hey guys, I've been busy working on a project but trying my best to keep up. After reviewing replays from Sunday night I have to post this section from "The Good Racecraft Guide", a link you will also find in the first post of this thread under the section- Rules.

Drafting:
It is considered extremely unsporting to weave about left & right all over the track trying to stop your opponent from drafting you, it is also quite undignified, & not at all gentlemanly (do not confuse this with blocking by weaving to stop another driver from passing you, which as you already know, is against the OLR). A well mannered & intelligent racer may choose to take a variety of different lines through corners to try to minimise the amount of draft his opponent gets, he is entitled to take any line he wishes being the driver in front. Also, when coming onto the straight, he may continue turning past the track out point, & take a different line down it. From then on however, manners dictate that he only has 1 move either left or right to choose his line into the next turn, this should be done early & slowly enough to give other drivers following behind a fair chance to react, lest there be an otherwise avoidable incident.
This actually is a rule in the OLR. It states specifically that a race may change his line just once on the straight, and if you do drop your line down to the inside, you are to stay on that line until you have neared the corner, at which time you can come back up to the outside. In no way can your lane change interfere with a trailing driver. Meaning you can not push a racer up the track or down the track. When making lane changes in this manner, do so (as stated) in a predictable manner.

Btw, Joey, you did that? Pretty rad, the ghost of Akina!

Pratice tonight ?

Now that GTPlanet is back up, practice will happen as always. I was kinda worried that it wouldn't be up in time to post the room numbers! :nervous:

I'll also be announcing the October season champions as well since I wasn't able to do that earlier due to the outage. Also, be on the lookout for cheeb's best racecraft voting!

Apmaddock
You were at four weeks and I added two. I suppose I could subtract one for this week, but on the other hand you had a penalty this week while on probation so do you deserve to be credited with the subtraction of a week for driving cleanly?

I was just checking to make sure it was two weeks tacked on to what I was at. Just saying I was 3 weeks into it so now I'm technically half way there! Lol.

S.N.A.I.L. Public service announcement

Don't let this happen to you!
Remember all good S.N.A.I.L.s change their oil before showing up to the races. Failure to do this could mean you are down 20hp and 8pp with the Camaro and 7pp for the Lotus.

Here ends the Public service announcement.

Doh!:dunce:

S.N.A.I.L. October Racecraft Award

Once again it's time for S.N.A.I.L.s to vote for the person they think exhibited the best racecraft for the month of October.

Whether it be the person, that saw you barreling up the inside and left room for you to plow into the barrier, gave you enough space during qualifying, backed out of a potentially bad pass or just plain left enough space for you both to race door to door, the choice is yours.

Please vote here. The form will be accepting votes until Sunday afternoon at 4:00 PM Eastern time.

The same rules as last month apply, one vote per person. If you vote twice, both votes will be deemed null and void.

Cheers,

kcheeb

Back