◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
40", got em for a good price at Best Buy. Samsung LED, 1080P, reasonably small bezel, that was prjority one. Saw some Samsungs with barely any bezel at all, but $'s would not fit the budget :(

Drove a bit and actually experienced a little vertigo :lol:

Nice been thinking about going this route, I need to pull the trigger also lol 👍

40", got em for a good price at Best Buy. Samsung LED, 1080P, reasonably small bezel, that was prjority one. Saw some Samsungs with barely any bezel at all, but $'s would not fit the budget :(

Holy smokes! I thought my 30-inch guess might be a bit conservative, but I didn't dare assume they were any bigger! You could probably charge a small fee for people to experience that setup! Nice! :drool:

Drove a bit and actually experienced a little vertigo :lol:

Perhaps your were sitting too close relative to how ginormous your screens are? Check out this post for recommended seating distance based on the size of your triple screens. In fact, that whole thread it must-read stuff for anyone going the triple screen route.

EDIT: such BIG screens and yet such a small picture.. ;)

Now you need a 4th screen above the center so you could output your laptop video to it, get one of those split keyboards and mount to both sides of your wheel so you wouldn't have to grab or twist in your seat to do those steward/director duties.

And btw, Congrats on those 40"s. I plan to go with 30"s when I get around to building mine.

Dragonwhisky
Now you need a 4th screen above the center so you could output your laptop video to it, get one of those split keyboards and mount to both sides of your wheel so you wouldn't have to grab or twist in your seat to do those steward/director duties.

And btw, Congrats on those 40"s. I plan to go with 30"s when I get around to building mine.

Wife was asking for gift ideas, now all I have to do is forward this link (and get The Stig to 'visit' for awhile).

Great rig!

Steward Update:

I'm afraid prize selections will have to wait until after the steward review process has finished.

Here are some D3 Pictures. ENJOY!!

Zero decided the weather was too nice and pulled over to enjoy a sip of tea.

Who is this handsome fellow? (Hint: the man behind the white suit)

ANSWER: STIGGY's GT5 COUSIN

Last edited:
Perhaps your were sitting too close relative to how ginormous your screens are? Check out this post for recommended seating distance based on the size of your triple screens. In fact, that whole thread it must-read stuff for anyone going the triple screen route.

EDIT: such BIG screens and yet such a small picture.. ;)

From my camera phone :lol: Thanks for the link will be going through it. I was amazed at how close I got it by guestimating, not perfect but reasonable.

Nice cheeb. Triples are in the works for me, but for iRacing... :embarrassed:

Kinda hard to justify 2 extra PS3s.

After spending some time in cockpit in a Ferarri F'10 all I have to say is do it. freaking amazing 👍

Wife was asking for gift ideas, now all I have to do is forward this link (and get The Stig to 'visit' for awhile).

Great rig!

That would be the most amazing gift 👍 We want pictures from Christmas morning :)

She might think you want a camera to take photos of your current racing setup :sly:

:lol: Make sure Handlebar ...

I've got a 47" hanging on the wall for the Rockband parties, might have to put it to use :lol: Anyone know of a cheap supplier of Dvorak keyboards?

As I've said a few times now, DO IT!

Nice cheeb. Triples are in the works for me, but for iRacing... :embarrassed:

Kinda hard to justify 2 extra PS3s.

Instead of trying to justify two extra PS3's, just consider them upgrades to your existing PS3. If you're patient, you can find find used PS3's for less than $100. That's about the same cost as upgrading your PC with a new graphics card. However, a graphics card can't be removed from your PC and put in other room to play Blu-Ray movies or act as a general entertainment hub/media server if so desired (let alone play games ;))

As I've said a few times now, DO IT!

Couldn't agree more! :)

Nice job kcheeb, welcome to the next level. :)

This week. I had some fun but wild racing. One move I need to get on film. Save of the week?

I think there was tight racing the both of us become victim of adrenaline that induced the wild ride.

Ok. Starting main ps3.

Oooo I'll be in Austin for the F1 race too! Who wants to meet up? :)

I'm sitting at Turn 12! What about you? (Just to warn you, if you say Turn 1, I won't be shy about begging you to let me sit in your section for at least one lap :lol:)

I'm guessing you're not coming to town without a hotel already booked (because Austin is already at "full occupancy" this weekend), but if you need a place to crash, mi casa es su casa! :)

Nice shots, Astrias....you even caught my best side and not when I was wildly out of control anywhere :lol:

Astrias, good job on the pics. I spent last 2 hrs going thru GVS race 2 and narrowed down to 20 shots. Learning how to upload here but will take another day. LOL. Anyway I have a killer shot of spoodle and RAM_SAM in a photo finish for 4th place. PM your email and I can send it n more if you want then you can post. OR disregard and I can do it tomorrow or day after.

Nice job kcheeb, welcome to the next level. :)

This week. I had some fun but wild racing. One move I need to get on film. Save of the week?

I think there was tight racing the both of us become victim of adrenaline that induced the wild ride.

Ok. Starting main ps3.

May be able to run a few. Where are you? D1 ?

spooble
Nice. Almost like you were just setting up for the drift around the turn.

You did give the position back though, right??

Well I did get bumped which induced the whiplash. Then by time we got anywhere near a straight Where I could release the spot safely he dropped back a car. The consideration was there. Knowing we both race clean and the whole thing was started accidentally with both exiting the next turn in much better shape then entry. It didn't seem to be big deal. If I hadn't gotten the help off the edge I feel my speed advantage would of yielded the pass anyway.

None the less it was purely accidental on both ends. Just glad we both was able to recover with out much time loss.

I would like to join. Please tell me what I need to do. No online experience, but have logged some gt5 time.

Hey betsybass,

Thanks for joining S.N.A.I.L. 👍

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

I think people are still waiting to get their preordered first model.

The roadster? I'm pretty sure they've completed the manufacturing run on those and all the orders were filled. They only bought 2500 chassis from Lotus. They stopped production of that and they ramped up the S. They're producing them at the old NUMMI factory that they bought from Toyota/GM.

Latest Posts

Back