◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
Actually they didn't. They are currently being sued for evading some dealership rights law. All new cars are supposed to be sold through a dealer, and Tesla has stores very much like the Apple store, which they were using to setup preorders, thus cutting out the dealer. I don't think it will be a company killer, but will change the way they sell their cars.

Rallywagon
Actually they didn't. They are currently being sued for evading some dealership rights law. All new cars are supposed to be sold through a dealer, and Tesla has stores very much like the Apple store, which they were using to setup preorders, thus cutting out the dealer. I don't think it will be a company killer, but will change the way they sell their cars.

I used to work at a dealership and i would rather see car manufacturers sell directly. Maybe then msrp would actually be you purchase price. Or maybe prices would go up since competition would be very slim. What ever happened to people with goods and services for a fair price?

I just wanted to say thanks to some step-up D5 S.N.A.I.Ls for taking care of the D5 director responsibilities in Handlebars absence.

Iroquois for setting up the room and keeping things moving.
Xxx-count-xxx for keeping score.
TEX-36 for getting the replays uploaded.

Thank you 👍

Many dealerships give the manufacturer a bad name.

It is unfortunate.

Not many dealerships! All dealerships! As they should! First , they received a 350 million dollar federal bailout , which in my opinion is crap! The government could of purchased a lot of cars for people who can't afford a car , like single mothers per say.
Tesla makes cars not for the everyday person but for people who can afford a second or thrid car , like that overpriced Chevy Volt. At over $50,000 each plus getting a tax credit , which is our tax money givien back to a rich guy that dosen't need it.
I'm not a big Ford guy but I have to say that they are awesome for not taking my tax money in a bailout.
Tesla took the bailout back in 2009 and still haven't paid back 1 cent while Chevy and Chrysler paid most or all back.
Maybe thats why the big three and others give them a bad name.
Its not unfortunate. In my opinion.

Not many dealerships! All dealerships! As they should! First , they received a 350 million dollar federal bailout , which in my opinion is crap! The government could of purchased a lot of cars for people who can't afford a car , like single mothers per say.
Tesla makes cars not for the everyday person but for people who can afford a second or thrid car , like that overpriced Chevy Volt. At over $50,000 each plus getting a tax credit , which is our tax money givien back to a rich guy that dosen't need it.
I'm not a big Ford guy but I have to say that they are awesome for not taking my tax money in a bailout.
Tesla took the bailout back in 2009 and still haven't paid back 1 cent while Chevy and Chrysler paid most or all back.

I have to say that not all dealers are awful but there are a lot of them that are. One of the many jobs I have is going around different parts of the country training salesmen at different dealerships on new products. Some parts of the country are worse than others. Ohio stands out in my mind as one of the worst areas of the country. There were dealers there that were filled with criminals. One place one of the guys was saying how he had to go to court after the training session for a felony charge of some sort. On the flip side one of the nicest dealerships I went to was also in Ohio. It was family run and you could tell they were honest and took care of the people that bought there. I personally think the way to fix the dealerships and get rid of the salesmen that screw people over is to get them off of commission and on to salary with bonuses for units sold. The stores I've see do that are usually some of the most successful and have sales people that you don't have to check your valuables once you're done talking to them.

{ahem}And I quote, "In June 2009 Tesla was approved to receive US$465 million in interest-bearing loans from the United States Department of Energy. The funding, part of an US$8 billion program for advanced vehicle technologies (Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program), supports engineering and production of the Model S sedan, as well as the development of powertrain technology that Tesla plans to sell to other automakers. The low-interest loans are not related to the "bailout" funds that GM and Chrysler have received, nor are they related to the 2009 economic stimulus package. The Department of Energy loan program was created in 2007 during the George Bush administration in order to get more fuel-efficient vehicle options to U.S. consumers and to decrease the country's dependence on foreign oil."

{ahem}And I quote, "In June 2009 Tesla was approved to receive US$465 million in interest-bearing loans from the United States Department of Energy. The funding, part of an US$8 billion program for advanced vehicle technologies (Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program), supports engineering and production of the Model S sedan, as well as the development of powertrain technology that Tesla plans to sell to other automakers. The low-interest loans are not related to the "bailout" funds that GM and Chrysler have received, nor are they related to the 2009 economic stimulus package. The Department of Energy loan program was created in 2007 during the George Bush administration in order to get more fuel-efficient vehicle options to U.S. consumers and to decrease the country's dependence on foreign oil."

Then I'll say-"If I were to start a automotive company I'd leverage the infrastructure that already existed, in Detroit, where there are factories and people who build cars.

CEO Elon Musk of Tesla Motors has convinced the US government to spot him 350 million dollars. That's 350 million dollars for a company that wants you to buy their electric sports car with the $50,000-$100,000 you have under your mattress. Now I see why he wants to build them in California — you won't find Rodeo Drive on a map of Detroit, but you will find Gratiot.

This is obviously a sign that the Obama administration wants to end foreign oil dependence, but to give them $350 million because they have 1,000 customers waiting for a roadster? C'mon, just because some wealthy people can buy a neat little electric sports car doesn't mean this company can grow to the likes of the Big Three. What are Tesla's manufacturing capabilities, and who do they have that can scale an automotive manufacturing company? Because so far they are having some difficulty producing a few thousand cars.

What about Detroit? Seems that Tesla decided to shut down that operation by firing 90% of the staff and notifying them via their blog. They then relocated the rest to California where they plan to manufacture these cars. They were supposed to have a site in San Jose, but that fell through. An area that's been building cars for 100+ years with skilled labor and an infrastructure in place, and who knows how to get its hands dirty and get to work, and Tesla says no, we can do it in Cali?

Sure, they did build a neat little electric car but what's the safety rating? Any long term testing on real world applications? I wonder how one of these would handle in the rain or snow, seems they love to test them in Cali, but how realistic is that for a company that hopes to revolutionize the industry?"

Not a bailout , my bad , a loan , that still hasn't been paid back.

I definitely give Ford props for not accepting bailout money.

I worked in the Motorcycle/ATV/Watercraft industry for 20 yrs. Many of those years were in a dealer started by two brothers and bankrolled by an enthusiast. They ran their sales dept like it should be run. Their mantra was that they would rather make $100 per unit and sell 1000 units than make $1000 per unit and only sell 100 units. The more happy customers you have out there with your license plate frame on their vehicle advertising for you the better.

Why would you try to rape them for every penny and when they get home they have buyers remorse and will likely not come back for service, accessories etc?

Just bad business practices by a lot of dealers.

Of course, the brothers eventually sold the place to a large company who then proceeded to run it into the ground by using the rape theme.

No worries lol. Just didn't want anyone to be confused and think that the Yellowbird was an actual selection. At first I assumed your post meant that it was in the OCD, but it's not (yes, I actually logged on just to check :lol:)

No worries lol. Just didn't want anyone to be confused and think that the Yellowbird was an actual selection. At first I assumed your post meant that it was in the OCD, but it's not (yes, I actually logged on just to check :lol:)

zeromisfit is HILLARIOUS!

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

fiestauk / SPEED14231234
  • Shortcutting - 1 points - doubled for probation to 2 points - three week probation remains

Forcednduckshn / Forcednduckshn
  • Shortcutting - 8 points - one week probation

JLBowler / jlbowler
  • Shortcutting - 1 point doubled to 2 for probation but halved to 1 for self-report - one week probation remains

JoeyFast22 / JoeyFast22
  • Shortcutting - 9 points doubled to 18 for probation - one week probation remains

VELOCI_2NR / VELOCI_2NR
  • Level 1 - 2 points - one week probation

Division 2

AG07WRXTR / AG07WRXTR
  • Shortcutting - 2 points - one week probation

Berdiyev / BerdiyevA
  • Shortcutting - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation - one week probation remains

kcheeb / kcheeb
  • Level 5 - 17 points halved to 8 for self-report - five week probation

miguelmendoza / wackylatino
  • Shortcutting - 1 point doubled to 2 - one week probation remains

Division 3

Chiochan / ChuthuluGoat
  • Shortcutting - 2 points halved to 1 for self-report - 1 week probation

Luv2Coach / Luv2Coach
  • Level 2 - 8 points doubled to 16 for probation - six week probation remains

Division 4

dangerzone641 / dangerzone641
  • Ghosting violation - 1 point - one week probation

NateD29 / NateD29
  • Several issues. Some may have been lag problems. Night DQ. Six week probation. If the latency problems can't be cleared Nate may need to seek a more local racing league.

Division 5

KuulKrinne / Kuulkriine
  • Ghosting violations - 2 points
  • Level 4 - 13 points
  • Total: 15 points doubled to 30 for probation - six week probation remains

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.

The top three finishers now (the prize winners) are as follows:

Prize A - 97 points - dangerzone641 - Division 4
Prize B - 88 points - iroquois-- - Division 5
Prize C - 86 points - Astrias - Division 3

Full final results can be found here.

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Wolfsatz
Congrats Iroquois!!!!!

Race car here we come! Cant wait to see your election!

It's a shame we can not run his choice on comfort soft;) of course he could replace the track!

Latest Posts

Back