◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,537 comments
I remember how boring GT5 was B.S. (Before S.N.A.I.L.). Now it kicks A.S.S. (After S.N.A.I.L. Sunday)

Headed to D1. Any one up?

jobyone
I remember how boring GT5 was B.S. (Before S.N.A.I.L.). Now it kicks A.S.S. (After S.N.A.I.L. Sunday)

Headed to D1. Any one up?

Man I need to go to bed, but dang it I want to race! Ugh I hate being responsible.

I'm so glad I stumbled into that Wednesday night practice awhile back. Snail improved my driving and my racecraft tremendously.

I'm glad you stumbled in too! Even happier to see how you're driving and racecraft have improved because of the league. Wait..you didn't just say that because of the thread's current title did you? :lol:

Snail is the best thing about Gt5 in my opinion :gtflag:

Actually, GT Academy is the best thing about GT5. 👍

Speaking of which, did anyone watch the last episode tonight? I was definitely disappointed to see how it unfolded, but big props to Nick for an epic run. :bowdown:

Actually, GT Academy is the best thing about GT5. 👍

Speaking of which, did anyone watch the last episode tonight? I was definitely disappointed to see how it unfolded, but big props to Nick for an epic run. :bowdown:

Yep, I bailed on racefan's standard car night so I could watch it. I must say I wasn't expecting how it ended.

Yeah, I was hoping Nick would get it, or maybe Jett - that kid will get his break regardless. I'm sure he's picked up some fans in the motorsports world.

Yep, I bailed on racefan's standard car night so I could watch it. I must say I wasn't expecting how it ended.

Pretty cruel if you ask me.. Why not let them settle it on the track as they were led to believe would happen? I guess that's the nature of a made for tv competition. Twists and turns on the storyline are more entertaining than twists and turns on the track (for the casual viewer)..

Throw in the fact that each ad break felt like 10 minutes and it sort of ruined the flow, lol

I'll try to put up some pictures from the SCT racing later....however I will only have things from 3 races since I left after the first Monte Carlo one.

Hi DownStyle! Glad you could find some time to race with us and welcome. cheeb will give you the complete welcome and time trial instructions.

Seems pretty cool. I'd like to join.

Hi DownStyle,
Thanks for your interest! Here's what you need to know and do:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires used for this have more grip than our current tire regulations call for, but please follow the Time Trial directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM me with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
4. I send you a you a PSN friend request from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

New G-27 Wheel - question:
The prior Force wheel had a PS button in the center - allowed me to receive and send messages, also to Quit the game. Is there a similar 'button' or setting for the G-27? If it is there, I haven't been able to find it.
Any other quirks about the G-27? Appreciate your help.
TEX

The prior Force wheel had a PS button in the center - allowed me to receive and send messages, also to Quit the game. Is there a similar 'button' or setting for the G-27? If it is there, I haven't been able to find it.
TEX

No, there's not, since it's not a PS3-specific wheel. Keep a regular controller handy.

dgaf95integra
Yah I got it updated and working fine just hated the pedals so I went back to frys and returned it lol g27 ftw 👍

Interesting. I'm thinking I need to try a g27 one of these days. I hate my dfgt pedals and actually like the t500 pedals but that's in comparison to the dfgt. Kind of wonder if I'd like the g27 pedals more than the t500 pedals.

TEX36
TEX

As a new user you're going to want to turn down the force feedback until you get used to it. I got greedy when I first used mine and almost sprained my wrist 👎

Zero, I didn't just say that because of the thread title. I just never had a reason to actually try and get better before snail.
I'm just exited that Gt5 is getting more fun and competitive than ever before 👍

Honestly the lower FFB setting allows for smoother exit radius. Basically these wheels like to see saw some on exit and the lower numbers takes away from this causing a choppy steering radius on exit. Leading to less rear wheel spin on many FR cars. ;)

A G27. Start at 2 and end at 5 for racing. If you want to try 10. Be my guest. I ran 10 till almost 6-8 months ago when one of fastest guys around explained exit arc and what these wheels cause.

There is a progressive spring out. One of the Joe's I think tried two different ones and said one is far better. Hopefully he'll see this and tell us the name. I need to tell my buddy Brandon too.

hillracing
Interesting. I'm thinking I need to try a g27 one of these days. I hate my dfgt pedals and actually like the t500 pedals but that's in comparison to the dfgt. Kind of wonder if I'd like the g27 pedals more than the t500 pedals.

I've owned both and still have access to the G27 and rig I built and sold. Wheel is night and day. Pedals. I did like my G27's inverted and brake mod. However I can't say now that I miss them any. Then again I use the real brake mod with an additional taller spring in the center of the supplied spring by Thrustmaster.

I have a video on YouTube. NicadRacer I think my name is. Or search Owens Fancy Footwork. It always pulls my heel/toe video using the G27 then just click more videos and scroll till you find the T500 spring mod.

I so shouldn't be offering you any help. Your fast enough and now I gotta chase you in the Enduro races.

;)

The GTEYE spring is better for use in GT5 in my opinion because we can't program dead zone and stuff like that. PM me if you want a link to my review of of the GTEYE and Nixim v2.

I've owned both and still have access to the G27 and rig I built and sold. Wheel is night and day. Pedals. I did like my G27's inverted and brake mod. However I can't say now that I miss them any. Then again I use the real brake mod with an additional taller spring in the center of the supplied spring by Thrustmaster.

I have a video on YouTube. NicadRacer I think my name is. Or search Owens Fancy Footwork. It always pulls my heel/toe video using the G27 then just click more videos and scroll till you find the T500 spring mod.

I so shouldn't be offering you any help. Your fast enough and now I gotta chase you in the Enduro races.

;)

LOL, thanks for the tips Owens. I'm not so sure you'll be chasing me. I use the brake mod on my T500. I'm really looking forward to building a rig for it one of these days and adding the load cell I found. The thing I always feel like I'm struggling with is the pedals. When I'm on the road and using my DFGT it's so much worse than with the T500 but I still feel like they aren't real enough for my liking.

Back