◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
I agree with true dolby, don't go with the virtual. as for the differences between 5.1 and 7.1. 5.1 is a 5 speaker setup and 7.1 is, well, 7 speakers. BTW, there is also 6.1. basically a 5.1 system with an added rear center channel.
I say buck up and get the true 7.1 dolby surround. however, even a 5.1 true dolby is way better then virtual or stereo. I mean, look at it like this, would you rather drive a yugo, a yugo with racing strips and an exhaust, or a lambo?

Does GT5 even support 7.1? That's something I wondered about seeing these new offerings.

Edit-
There seems to be only one set that are true 7.1 Razer Tiamat.

Last edited:
I usually run 7.1 as my default, but I do not know if GT5 auto-reduces it. Sounds good to me... But that is not saying much (hearing loss)...

Astro a50's and tritton warhead are both 7.1 and the turtle beach px5 I believe is 7.1, though I'm not sure if that virtual or true.

Hey everyone. We could use with some help. As you all know the divisional realignment is coming soon. One of the things that helps the PTB figure out where everyone belongs is of course time data from the races. We are currently lacking Data for a number nights for some of the divisions. We need replays/data for the following divisions.

D1 for 12/02 no longer needed. Thanks Hillracing
D1 for 12/09 no longer needed. Thanks Hillracing
D5 for 12/30 no longer needed. Thanks Skills:)

If you have the replays can you get in touch with me so we can get either the replays or the data from those races.

We could also use with some volunteers to help collect the replays and be divisional statisticians. If you are interested please let me know and I will pass it on to zer05ive and kcheeb that you would like to help contribute to this great league.

Thank you very much.

Have fun at practice tonight.

Last edited:
jobyone
Hey everyone. We could use with some help. As you all know the divisional realignment is coming soon. One of the things that helps the PTB figure out where everyone belongs is of course time data from the races. We are currently lacking Data for a number nights for some of the divisions. We need replays/data for the following divisions.

D1 for 12/02
D1 for 12/09
D5 for 12/30 no longer needed. Thanks Skills:)

If you have the replays can you get in touch with me so we can get either the replays or the data from those races.

We could also use with some volunteers to help collect the replays and be divisional statisticians. If you are interested please let me know and I will pass it on to zer05ive and kcheeb that you would like to help contribute to this great league.

Thank you very much.

Have fun at practice tonight.

I have the replays for d1 for both of those nights. I can upload them later to the cloud.

Astro a50's and tritton warhead are both 7.1 and the turtle beach px5 I believe is 7.1, though I'm not sure if that virtual or true.

Unfortunately they are simulated. Which may work on COD type games. But for me. I really need that staging as my GT5 was learned using the staging on a real theater set up.

Denon / Klispsch Set up.

For the racer that uses tv speakers or stereo. The virtual would be a good investment. For the person used to staging from 5.1 surround. They won't cut it.

In D1 till rooms up.

My internet is still giving me fits so no practice for me tonight... This is just making me sick... I hate living in a resort town... Fingers crossed that all those bungholios go home by Sunday night!!

Does anyone have the Room Numbers for tonight's practice?

Okay - Thanks ..... had a feeling that I was asking too soon.

The practice rooms are officially open! If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday) please join the BLUE ROOM:

1472-6118-3701-4258-0982

Everyone else, please join the RED ROOM:

1472 6399 8408 2429 6657

HELP WANTED: Seeking Wednesday night practice coordinator. :D

Just got back from Walmart for another ethernet cable. Man that's a weird place at 10:00 pm. Hope this wired connection can hold. I think the garage door disconnected me, is that possible?

Last edited:
zer05ive
The practice rooms are officially open! If you're assigned to Division 1 or Division 2 (or you placed in the top 5 of Division 3 this past Sunday) please join the BLUE ROOM:

1472-6118-3701-4258-0982

Everyone else, please join the RED ROOM:

1472 6399 8408 2429 6657

HELP WANTED: Seeking Wednesday night practice coordinator. :D

What were the fast times for courses 2 &3?

Well the internetz was acting up. Reset and no go. So called and got purged or something. Working now. Hope this goes better

Back