◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
04: Rules Governing Car Contact:

A: Contacts and collisions must be avoided at all costs.

D: Some contact through a corner or through a pass may not be avoidable and may be deemed "incidental" should it not appear to affect the likely outcome of the section in question.

Contradicting statements. The word "must" may need edited. Must is a command word meaning no other option is acceptable. Or simply remove rule A.

Just an observation.

Not really. the avoid part is key. The way you're thinking would be "you must not make contact." You must avoid contact, but sometimes it happens is how the rule is meant, and it conveys that well.

Last edited:
As Rally said…

Part A says that contact must be avoided while Part D says that "some contact…may not be avoidable." Do your best to avoid contact, but if you can't avoid it, know that you won't be penalized if it's incidental.

So, now that people have ran with the update. Does it really fix the pushing issues?

I'll be finding out tonight. Gonna try some of my tuned cars before practice tonight to see if they handle the same as before or if they still have the massive understeer issue.

As far as colors and numbers go, I've been running the #34 since I started in late August and my colors have been sort of a sky blue with white wheels.
Currently in Division 1 Torino has claimed the light cyan and Gumball has the light Azure. Those are the two colors that I would imagine would best match skyblue:( Do you have a second color choice?

Not really. the avoid part is key. The way you're thinking would be "you must not make contact." You must avoid contact, but sometimes it happens is how the rule is meant, and it conveys that well.

Lol. It must be the math teacher and logical problem solving in me. I guess I'm taking 'must' too literal. No probs. 💡 Thanks for the interpretation.

04: Rules Governing Car Contact:

A: Contacts and collisions must be avoided at all costs.

D: Some contact through a corner or through a pass may not be avoidable and may be deemed "incidental" should it not appear to affect the likely outcome of the section in question.

Contradicting statements. The word "must" may need edited. Must is a command word meaning no other option is acceptable. Or simply remove rule A.

Just an observation.

I think I know what you are asking and this video might help. Go to 1:18 if you want to save time. Making contact in an attempt to make a pass must be avoided and may end up coming back on you if there is a complaint. Avoiding high risk, overly aggessive moves into corners will help avoid the possibility of contact. The higher the risk taken the higher percentage chance of contact being made.

From "The Good Racecraft Guide"
An experienced racer will take whatever line he feels necessary into any given corner in order to defend & maintain his place, he is entitled to do so as he has track position over the pursuing driver, remember that the fastest line is not always the winning one. It is the other chaps job to force him into an error, whilst still driving cleanly of course, or wait for one to occur naturally & then take advantage of it, albeit in the proper fashion. An inexperienced racer will, in his endless optimism, tend to stuff it up the inside at every unavailable opportunity when trying to pass, imagining he is driving well but making far too much contact & causing many unnecessary incidents. Also, some lacking in good racecraft tend to drive right up to & into the driver in front, as they do not have the common sense to adjust their throttle & braking to account for following in the slipstream of another. You will notice that drivers who have good racecraft make very little contact when following & passing others on track.

...The undiscerning racer cannot tell the difference between a driver taking the correct racing line, & one going wide into these corners, he thinks the chap in front has made an error & stuffs it up the inside in a futile effort to overtake. When the driver in front accelerates towards the apex, the driver behind now finds he has placed his car in the wrong position, & there is contact.

In theory, this is what separates us from the typical "online lobby" experience where it is 3 wide into every corner or getting pushed around at every apex.

Last edited:
...The undiscerning racer cannot tell the difference between a driver taking the correct racing line, & one going wide into these corners, he thinks the chap in front has made an error & stuffs it up the inside in a futile effort to overtake. When the driver in front accelerates towards the apex, the driver behind now finds he has placed his car in the wrong position, & there is contact.

This says exactly what I have been trying to say. This has happened on several occasions to me. I learned early on here to avoid this and do so with vigilance. This was my first complaint about it. Anyway, my horse is now officially dead. Sincere thanks.

This says exactly what I have been trying to say. This has happened on several occasions to me. I learned early on here to avoid this and do so with vigilance. This was my first complaint about it. Anyway, my horse is now officially dead. Sincere thanks.

Every situation is different and many things are considered and looked at by a number of people when complaints are reviewed. Ask your steward to explain what happened to your complaint. Don't let the result of one complaint keep you from doing what you think is right in the future. Be sure to file a complaint if you feel something should be looked at.

Has anyone not broken in their 'Vette yet? Want to do it at 200MPH? We could run a race at SSRX and get it done in under an hour...

dabneyd
Has anyone not broken in their 'Vette yet? Want to do it at 200MPH? We could run a race at SSRX and get it done in under an hour...

Haven't broken in mine yet but am currently trying to get my bspec grinder to synch friends and pick up who I want. Not sure if I'll make practice tonight but will try. Shame I'll miss the break in race.

Haven't broken in mine yet but am currently trying to get my bspec grinder to synch friends and pick up who I want. Not sure if I'll make practice tonight but will try. Shame I'll miss the break in race.

I'm in D1 now. I think there has to be someone else on track with me to accumulate miles, right?

I'm in D1 now. I think there has to be someone else on track with me to accumulate miles, right?

I don't think so....wasn't there several people who just used their own lounge overnight to break in the go-kart when it was used a while ago? From memory, you just had to make sure tyre wear and fuel consumption were on before starting the race.

Hey everyone, with practice starting in less an hour, I'd like to make one big request for tonight races.. Instead of setting the second race of each round as "Reverse Grid", please set it with "Based on Previous Results". After the races, please post your opinions on the change in settings. Based on the feedback, we may make this change official as early as this Sunday night (no guarantees though :)).

Last edited:
Hey everyone, with practice starting in less an hour, I'd like to make one big request for tonight races.. Instead of setting the second race of each as "Reverse Grid", please set it with "Based on Previous Results". After the races, please post your opinions on the change in settings. Based on the feedback, we may make this change official as early as this Sunday night (no guarantees though :)).

What is based on previous results? Is that a new feature PD added with the update?

Corvette C7 video I threw together to show off this awesomeness on FaceBook. My car buddies are in envy. LoL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMmy6C6FPh8

That is cool Owens..👍

What Kendawg said! 👍 :drool:

Who's driving, think I know but, and who's recording the video?

Oh, and Zer0, prepare thyself son. Finally got my widget to sync you in, even if it did take resetting the server to Spain, credit flood incoming. Got 4 of your drivers in a race as I type this and Santiago is running in 2, no now 3rd.. wait 4th. crap. 5th.... you know how draft fests at Daytona run...

Last edited:
Hey everyone, with practice starting in less an hour, I'd like to make one big request for tonight races.. Instead of setting the second race of each as "Reverse Grid", please set it with "Based on Previous Results". After the races, please post your opinions on the change in settings. Based on the feedback, we may make this change official as early as this Sunday night (no guarantees though :)).

From my own 2c opinion, the concept of the 2nd race Reverse Grid set up is what has kept many of the weekends close and interesting.

If we go with this proposed change, the not so fast Snails on whatever division will never get a chance to get on top of their division. In other words, the reverse grid set up is the 'equalizer' :tup:and also gives the faster racers a extra challenge to pass through the slower field.

Why brake what it is not broken? :scared:

zer05ive

I know for me this a change I would vote against. Having the reverse grid makes it about passing not just who's fastest. Please don't make this change.

Back