◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,534 comments
AMWeaver47
What a close night! The points battle was as fierce as the physical on-track battles. Even though the official REP system hasn't been started yet, I have a pretty good idea of everyones REP in my head. Great job guys.

Sounds like everyone had a great time tonight! I had a few amazingly close races and the just few laps of the let race... Lets just say it was close enough I might have chewed a hole in my lip.

It's nights like tonight that make you love snail. I finished my best race in seventh, but my best finish was a victory. It's cool to get points, but I'm here to give it my all right next to someone else giving their all. Already looking forward to next week 👍

D4 was a bit tense at times, but generally a good time...finally got my game together enough to lead most of the last race (started first, because I had an abysmal 2nd last race!)....was happy enough, until I lost it at the corkscrew and managed to lose 1st to schmiggz, and 2nd to Wolf. Ah well -- at least one podium tonight!

Though the idea of the C7 was a good one, I didn't particularly enjoy it in the end.. maybe the "final final" car will be better, or a tuned one.

Had fun with my bros in D5 like always. I had to leave early though because I have to wake up early with school and all. Overall, great fun and I cant wait for next weeks races!

What a close night! The points battle was as fierce as the physical on-track battles. Even though the official REP system hasn't been started yet, I have a pretty good idea of everyones REP in my head. Great job guys.

Just Awesome! Very Phun and very close finishes in almost all races; well be taking some great pictures of tonight's best D4 moments.

I agree w Panda Bear, nights like this is what keeps me coming back every Sunday even though I get only a few hours of sleep before my commute to work. SNAIL ROCKS! :cheers: :bowdown:

That corkscrew can be very deceiving, when you think you got it figured out, it bites ya!

Tonight in D1 was intense. Had some crazy close races. Nic's car needs a post race teardown at Laguna. I think he hid nitrous in the fuel lines or something.

Just Awesome! Very Phun and very close finishes in almost all races

Phun... Wow, grabbing the grammar fairy by the neck and giving the finger to education in western society. Wolfsatz, you are one badass mother****er!

I'll be having FUN next week, ok?

Tonight in D1 was intense. Had some crazy close races. Nic's car needs a post race teardown at Laguna. I think he hid nitrous in the fuel lines or something.

Hahahaha

The connection seemed off for some of us in D1. Could be our imaginations. But I'm sure the grip wasn't consistent.

Check this BS out! Video shows like I touched wall. During race I knew I hadn't. Triples allows this insight. ;)
Video;
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/...3-8BC1-35F2D9C4532E-1713-000000AB0E07E576.mp4

Now the pics show what I seen during the race:
288104BE-0D3B-4379-B2FE-E4D2B33CB5AA-1713-000000AB2DA90210.jpg

176DFB97-1F25-4BD2-B1F9-A7E1C99A638F-1713-000000AB349BBCB6.jpg

85B11B4D-0BAA-46BC-B24B-2493B13FEBCD-1713-000000AC35026A76.jpg

7349F6CC-E91D-4879-AC01-202EA9AAD35C-1713-000000AC3C890CA8.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

TRACK VOTE:
Kendawg- 3
QwietStorm03 - 3
Dgafaboutany1420- 3
WiiFreak - 2
Nic-KL - 2
OwensRacing - 1
GumballGCT - 2
GTP_Worst_Driver- 2
HillRacing- 3

UNOFFICIAL POINTS:
1 ) GumballGCT - 84 ( 78.96 )
2 ) GTP_Worst_Driver - 83
3 ) HillRacing - 82
4 ) Nic-KL - 81
5 ) WiiFreak - 73
6 ) OwensRacing - 66
7 ) QwietStorm - 62
8 ) dgafaboutany1420 - 61
9 ) kendawg198 - 59

Racing in D2 tonight featured some of the most memorable moments so far in my time with SNAIL:

The good (👍): Picking up 3 spots on the front stretch of GVE in one lap by bump-drafting with DrKronin

The bad (👎): Losing it under breaking in a battle for the lead 2 laps later.

And the just plain ugly (:yuck:): Blowing a sure win in the last race by going a bit wide just before the corkscrew.

I think it's clear that racing with you guys has improved my speed and racecraft dramatically. Now if only I could find the focus to maintain those things on a consistent basis. Anyway, good racing to everyone in D2, and sorry if I got into anyone durring one of the numerous mishaps I had tonight.

Wolphsatz
That corkscrew can be very deceiving, when you think you got it figured out, it bites ya!

Especially when you phind that mythical spot where the phront phloats oph the ground and just skims the pavement until you're oph the track.
This ph thing has me reading everything like daphy duck. How about you Wolphsatz?

We filled each others mirrors all night tonight in D3! Wow that that intense. Adrenaline still flowing. Gr8 racing to all...

I did same thing racefan78. Cut a corner too close at Seca, got tires dirty and lost a sure win. LOL. Just lost focus for a split second...

Sounds like every division had a fun night. Good to hear. All the credit to SNAIL and the people who come to improve their skills with integrity and respect. What a group!

It's great to hear about all the great racing tonight! Please take not of Weaver's post and try to do something similar (and take notes if necessary). Next Sunday night is the last race of the January season and you will be asked to rate everyone in your division so that their initial REP can be established. 👍

I like the Division H idea. I would gladly participate. Keeps you that extra bit focused the whole race. I actually won a race awhile back with the NSX on Motegi while using the H gate. Was quite fun.

While I love H pattern shifting, I don't necessary think that a "Division H" would be ideal for the league. First of all, creating an entirely separate "Division H" would water down the numbers in Divisions 1 though 5. More importantly, I don't think that the racing in Division H would be all that close.

There are only two drivers in the H pattern and clutch club right now (myself and jobyone). I went from low D2 to low D3 making the switch to the H pattern and clutch, and I'm guessing jobyone would be in the D3 range as well (that's when he returns in the summer from his Sunday night hiatus).

However, if both of you were to race in a separate Division H with us, we simply wouldn't present much of a challenge to you D1 guys. Even though you guys would be slower than usual, I bet your pace would still be in the D1-ish range. In a nutshell, it'd be D3 guys mixing it up with D1 guys (not close racing). Thoughts?

While I love H pattern shifting, I don't necessary think that a "Division H" would be ideal for the league. First of all, creating an entirely separate "Division H" would water down the numbers in Divisions 1 though 5. More importantly, I don't think that the racing in Division H would be all that close.

There are only two drivers in the H pattern and clutch club right now (myself and jobyone). I went from low D2 to low D3 making the switch to the H pattern and clutch, and I'm guessing jobyone would be in the D3 range as well (that's when he returns in the summer from his Sunday night hiatus).

However, if both of you were to race in a separate Division H with us, we simply wouldn't present much of a challenge to you D1 guys. Even though you guys would be slower than usual, I bet your pace would still be in the D1-ish range. In a nutshell, it'd be D3 guys mixing it up with D1 guys (not close racing). Thoughts?

Agreed. I like to run the shifter, but I know I'm significantly slower. Either way, aren't we doing a shifter night soon? Tonight?

Edit: Oh, Feb 9.

Last edited:
UNOFFICIAL POINTS:
1 ) GumballGCT - 84 ( 78.96 )
2 ) GTP_Worst_Driver - 83
3 ) HillRacing - 82
4 ) Nic-KL - 81
5 ) WiiFreak - 73
6 ) OwensRacing - 66
7 ) QwietStorm - 62
8 ) dgafaboutany1420 - 61
9 ) kendawg198 - 59

That is some tight results that I was not expecting. Great racing this weekend except at that overrated track known as Monza. (Long straight, huge braking zone, rince and repeat :ouch:)
And yeah, Nic-KL, you dominated at Laguna Seca. Nice driving. 👍

Last edited:
Agreed. I like to run the shifter, but I know I'm significantly slower.

You sound like me back in September. Ultimately though, I decided that I'd rather maximize my fun than maximize my speed (it's not as if my maximum speed is all that fast anyways :lol:). Also, me finally figuring out a way to mount my shifter in a realistic and stable position also had a lot to do with my decision to the H pattern and clutch. That being said, I can honestly say that I'm having more fun playing GT5 than I've ever had before. It's completely changed the game for me! My only regret is not making the switch a long time ago. :ouch:

Either way, aren't we doing a shifter night soon? Tonight?

Rally has this planned for tonight, but it certainly sounds like a great way to have some H pattern and clutch fun! 💡

You sound like me back in September. Ultimately though, I decided that I'd rather maximize my fun than maximize my speed (it's not as if my maximum speed is all that fast anyways :lol:). Also, me finally figuring out a way to mount my shifter in a realistic and stable position also had a lot to do with my decision to the H pattern and clutch. That being said, I can honestly say that I'm having more fun playing GT5 than I've ever had before. It's completely changed the game for me! My only regret is not making the switch a long time ago. :ouch:

Rally has this planned for tonight, but it certainly sounds like a great way to have some H pattern and clutch fun! 💡

Maybe some Shifter Shuffle tonight?

would like to join you guys thanks mike
Hi slowbaltss,

Thanks for your interest! Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I will echo what zer05ive has said. Since I made the switch to full time use of the clutch I have been having a blast. I am not really sure that my times have slowed that much and if they have it is less than a second a lap. Sure I miss the odd shift here and there but it has been so much fun.

The only annoying thing is when you spend 3-4 laps shifting gears only to realize that the clutch is doing nothing:( Cars that only come with paddle shifters or automatics still shift without using the clutch.

D5 had some connectivity problems, and I want to thank the D5 racers for their patience in my poorly executed manual reset for race 4 at Monza.

I spent more laps running on my own last night than I care to remember. I was just totally off on all combos, my apologies.

Here are the official results from our league night on January 20th, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 2 84 points (81.48 for prize purposes only)
  2. GTP_Worst_Driver -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. WiiFreak ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. kendawg198 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
  • SPEED14231234 ----- DNR
  • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • DownStyle --------- DNR
  • doodlemonoply ----- DNR
  • z06fun1 ----------- DNR
  • JazzVanWolfe ------ DNR
  • Torino-IKA -------- DNR
  • Forcednduckshn ---- DNR
  • gatordaryl -------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • VELOCI_2NR -------- DNR
Division 2
  1. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3 80 points (81.65 for prize purposes only)
  2. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. racefan78 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. DrKronin ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. dangerzone641 ----- did not submit a vote
  11. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  • AG07WRXTR --------- DNR
  • AJK-VAIL ---------- DNR
  • wackylatino ------- DNR
  • GTP_PaulMac ------- DNR
  • GTP_pilmat -------- DNR
  • Turbo91stdcivic --- DNR
  • Soren535 ---------- DNR
  • SPIDERMANLOL1 ----- DNR
  • A_Higher_Place ---- DNR
Division 3
  1. Luv2Coach --------- voted to eliminate Round 2 92 points (86.48 for Prize C)
  2. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Apmaddock --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. zer05ive ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  • cheechoo777 ------- DNR
  • DudeTuna ---------- DNR
  • bug1623 ----------- DNR
  • spooble ----------- DNR
  • NashNGW ----------- DNR
  • GTP_mike46an2 ----- DNR
  • GTP_BeRandom ------ DNR
  • RAM_SAM ----------- DNR
  • Astrias ----------- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • moi_2212 ---------- DNR
  • NCemtB ------------ DNR
  • ravy1316 ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 89 points (86.72 for for Prize B)
  2. Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. weaver-2009_ ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. GTP_SGPracing ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. lifesagamble420 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. iroquois-- -------- did not submit a vote
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • zxxCOUNT210xxz ---- DNR
  • leadbedr ---------- DNR
  • jobyone ----------- DNR
  • NATHANFLYS -------- DNR
  • KuulKriine -------- DNR
  • NateD29 ----------- DNR
  • ZohsixGT5 --------- DNR
  • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
  • II-NOVA-II -------- DNR
  • donconater -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. the2armedmen ------ voted to eliminate Round 2 85 points (87.34 for Prize A)SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. moperlover -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. THRASH_46 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. socalracer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. Driftin_Assassin -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. g-MachineREX ------ did not submit a vote
  • codeblue111 ------- DNR
  • Jfin07 ------------ DNR
  • blOody_Alb21 ------ DNR
  • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
  • primarywheel ------ DNR
  • cosasquez --------- DNR
  • Obi-Tonobi -------- DNR
  • luckyluc93 -------- DNR
  • Solbergg ---------- DNR
  • Sirhankysur ------- DNR
  • iceandspice ------- DNR
  • DRaKeWiLD --------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 2 - Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype @Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Therefore it has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since the2armedmen wins Prize A, he gets to decide which car and track will replace it. IMPORTANT NOTE: the2armedmen has already won Prize A this month. Therefore, he cannot select Prize A again until next month. This means that everyone who raced in D5 last night gets to suggest one (1) new car car and track combo. After each of the suggestions have been submitted (by posting it on the thread), the2armedmen will be allowed to select which suggestion he would like to use his Prize A on. Any D5 driver who posts multiple car and track suggestions will have their right to suggest a new car and track combo VOIDED. Please don't let that happen to you!!

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 3 - Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 @Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since Wolfsatz gets Prize B, he gets to decide which is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to Luv2Coach so he gets any gift car ticket listed here.

Last edited:
Back