◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,531 comments
DriftinAssassin
Im totally okay with starting an hour early, starting on our usual time is okay with me too. An hour later, on the other hand, wont work for me mainly because I have school to deal with on Mondays like many others. So an hour early/usual time would work for me well, and an hour later will be too late for me.

I'm in the same boat. If the racing was set back an hour later I'd have to drop the league 👎

Monday Night Steward Update

At least one Divison/ Prize winner is under review for "out of bounds" penalties and this may delay things a bit this week. Please do not make any selections.

01: S.N.A.I.L. OLR General Rules:

J:
Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas in behind out-of track-lines. Track specific boundaries will be clarified for certain tracks if it is not generally obvious.

15: Track Boundaries:

A:
Colliding with or using walls, fences or other obstacle is forbidden, whether time is gained or not.

B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.

C:
All green areas are not part of the track unless otherwise stated by the Stewards prior to the race.

D:
Curbs, sidewalks/pavements are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.

E:
Tarmac/Asphalt or any other kind of surface mentioned above that are situated beyond the normal limits of the track, Run-off areas for example, are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.

F:
Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc are part of the track unless otherwise stated.

We need stewards to quickly offer their opinion on the matter in the steward's forum please.

Last edited:
Have to go watch some replays :grumpy: :yuck:

Wow, just noticed there were no votes for combo 1 from D1 and D2, but yet several in D3, D4 and D5 :odd:

9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific (one hour earlier) - 3
10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific (our usual time) - 2
11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific (one hour later) - 1

9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific (one hour earlier) - 2
10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific (our usual time) - 1
11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific (one hour later) - 3

You should have used a Google Doc to collect the votes zer0 ;)

EDIT: oops double post :(

for what it is worth:

9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific (one hour earlier) - 1
11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific (one hour later) - 100,000,000,000

I don't think we should change it if it takes out people who are committed and race regularly but if it was a perfect world, I would enjoy an hour earlier.

9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific (one hour earlier) - 1
11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific (one hour later) - 3

That said, changing the time isn't my favorite idea. It would be rough to see people have to drop out who've been here so long.

Well I think I finally found out what's wrong with me. I've got mono! Just in time to ruin my plans for spring break...

It's going to be awhile before I come back.

Well I think I finally found out what's wrong with me. I've got mono! Just in time to ruin my plans for spring break...

It's going to be awhile before I come back.

Doh!

Take care of yourself man, we'll be here when you return 👍

9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific (one hour earlier) - [number 1, 2, or 3] 1
10pm Eastern / 7pm Pacific (our usual time) - [number 1, 2, or 3] 1
11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific (one hour later) - [number 1, 2, or 3] 2

Rallywagon
anyone else having an issue with their bspec grinder?

Set the server to Spain in the widget. Haven't been able to get it working with the US or Canadian servers for weeks.

I say, "Don't Broke what isn't fixed"... :drool: Err, something to that effect. There will always be a natural ebb and flow to what we do. Don't let the winter crazies get to us. The SNAIL formula has been successful and I believe the grids will fill out naturally as soon as the summer months come back around. If we want to focus on increasing the number of drivers on (Any Given Sunday) I think we should work on recruitment instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. We all stray to the ghetto (public lobby's) from time to time and race in other venues. There are still a great deal of good drivers out there that just haven't found us yet. Maybe someone that knows someone, that has a cousin's brother who has a buddy could possibly get a little spot published on GTP Weekly Rewind 💡 ... Who knows... In the mean time, let's keep the pedal the the metal!

P.S. I will race no matter what the time that gets decided on, but if it ever comes down to it, I would be cool with an hour earlier. I am pretty liquid on Sunday nights but do feel bad for all the East Coasters that have to struggle with the midnight finish. Heck, I ate my dinner while I raced this last Sunday! Hence the crummy results! (Excuse #87... Check!):)

For my prize B suggestion I officially suggest:

Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway :mischievous:

I thought I was the only one that would do this. Thank you many times over.

Oh my. Excellent idea.

Sorry guys, the term "slippery slope" comes to mind.. :crazy:

Prize B requires that either the car or the track gets replaced. Worst_Driver has already said he's not changing the car, so that means the track is going to change. With that in mind, please use your suggestion wisely. :sly:

EDIT: I guess the comment above was only directed at racefan78 since Bowler is in D2 and OwensRacing has already made his one allowed suggestion. 👍

Prize B requires that either the car or the track gets replaced. Worst_Driver has already said he's not changing the car, so that means the track is going to change. With that in mind, please use your suggestion wisely. :sly:

EDIT: I guess the comment above was only directed at racefan78 since Bowler is in D2 and OwensRacing has already made his one allowed suggestion. 👍

Either you misunderstand what he said, or I do. Did you notice that he said "Superspeedway", not "Road Course?" :) (Or am I missing something?)

Either you misunderstand what he said, or I do. Did you notice that he said "Superspeedway", not "Road Course?" :) (Or am I missing something?)

I'm also missing something since racefan is in D1 so his suggestion seems valid to me, but not apparently to zer0 :confused:

Can I change suggestion? If not ill stick with my original one.

Totally forgot about the lil Oval and I love me some oval racing.

Also I should note. I to thought his suggestion was the same track. I was like wait. We can do that. Then I read the post again. Noticed it was the oval. Was like ah didnt think we could suggest the same track. Then got all excited about the possible dirt track action that will be with the combo on that lil oval and got excited. LoL

Last edited:
All of this "suggestion" crap annoys the heck out of me.

First, dude won. Let him choose.
Next, other dude changed his mind. Let him do that.

Again, people like to complicate what isn't a problem…

All of this "suggestion" crap annoys the heck out of me.

First, dude won. Let him choose.
Next, other dude changed his mind. Let him do that.

Again, people like to complicate what isn't a problem…

Your attitude stinks.

Monday Night Steward Update

At least one Divison/ Prize winner is under review for "out of bounds" penalties and this may delay things a bit this week. Please do not make any selections.

01: S.N.A.I.L. OLR General Rules:

J:
Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas in behind out-of track-lines. Track specific boundaries will be clarified for certain tracks if it is not generally obvious.

15: Track Boundaries:

B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.

We need stewards to quickly offer their opinion on the matter in the steward's forum please.

Oy vey. Checked some, but will need lots more time based on my first pass through...

Back