◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,435 comments
SNAIL Scorekeeping And Replay Technician Policy
All finishing positions, fastest lap for the race and combo votes must be entered, and replays must be tagged correctly and shared in game no later than 8PM ET on the Monday following our Sunday night races.

Note: A driver must race in the combo that they vote for at the end of the night.

Lap time and other data may only be entered in the results document BEFORE the information has been moved to SNAIL Data.

In the event that accurate finishing positions and combo votes are not entered by this deadline, the votes will not be counted that week and any prize winner from that division will be declared ineligible for prizes for that week. If any division has a recurring issue with not getting this done before the deadline, the BoD may step in and levy further penalties including multiple weeks of prize ineligibility or in extreme cases, forfeiture of all points for a week in which data is not entered.

All replays must be shared in game and be "tagged" under search tag #1 using the following naming convention: YYYYMMDDdxrxrx To break that down YYYY = year of race, MM = month of race, DD = date of race, dx = division#, rx = round#, rx = race#. An example of this would be 20171203d1r3r2 = 2017 Dec. 3 Division 1, Round 3, Race 2.

Exemptions to this policy can be granted in unusual situations provided that a director a member of the BoD, @zer05ive @JLBowler @nmcp1 @SAMHAIN85 @llNovall @Akzl298 is notified of the issue before the deadline.

In order to enter scores into the scoresheet, you must have permission to edit the document. If you do not have permission to edit the document and would like to or need to keep score, please submit a request for access to @JLBowler via conversation on GTPlanet. You will need to provide an email address for the invitation to edit to be sent to. This request should be made the Saturday before race night. Waiting until just before race time on Sunday will usually result in you not having access in time.
I have always figured to upload replays right after the night of racing is done before i go to bed so that replay uploading gets done quickly so it can help the flow of the league.

Scores for 6/16 transferred to Data.

June 16th Standings.png

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on June 16, 2024

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  2. A_Mindful_Place --- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize B
  3. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Rasta_Senpai ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. DRD_Niagara ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. guitarmankhan ----- did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. yuhboiari --------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Ineligible for Prize
  2. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - Prize A
  4. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3 - Prize C
  5. Tex_Hill ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. Flyingdisc315 ----- did not submit a vote
  7. Kakalaylay -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. es_danny868 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. SlimReaper1974 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. TokenTimmy -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. cesarr64 ---------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car (SS) at High Speed Ring - Reverse - S01 Early Morning (12 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @basswerks1 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Ford Mustang Gr.4 (RH) at Alsace Village - S09 Early Morning (7 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @A_Higher_Place gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @racingchamp30 so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Last edited:
I was extremely hot and exhausted yesterday and couldn't get to submit steward inquiries but it was so bad i had to leave the race 2x with the unsportsmanlike driving . I was quite upset there was at least 3 incidents that I can recall that occurred to me , and 1 incident by myself to another driver (the slightest touch on the rear end/ quarter panel.) sorry I couldn't get them filed in time, but i do believe they should be looked at

Last edited:
POLICY UPDATE

I just wanted to revisit the conversation we've had a few times in the past and a few days ago.. Starting tonight, drivers who've yet to be evaluated for promotion and relegation will not be eligible to to win Prize A, Prize B, or Prize C until they have been.

If an ineligible member wins Prize A, Prize B, or Prize C, the prize will instead go to the next highest scoring division winner who is eligible to win a prize. In other words, the prize will not go to second place finisher of the same division as the ineligible driver (EDIT: unless his point total is still higher than the next highest scoring division winner).

This policy is subject to be tweaked and adjusted as necessary, but I wanted to post the basic premise of this new policy before tonight's races began. Please let me know if you have any questions at al

I was extremely hot and exhausted yesterday and couldn't get to submit steward inquiries but it was so bad i had to leave the race 2x with the unsportsmanlike driving . I was quite upset there was at least 3 incidents that I can recall that occurred to me , and 1 incident by myself to another driver (the slightest touch on the rear end/ quarter panel.) sorry I couldn't get them filed in time, but i do believe they should be looked at

I only had 1 maybe 2 incidents that happend to me but I don't think there were that bad so I didn't make any against anyone but I'm wondering if anyone made any against me

What's up D1 guys. I'll miss this sunday too, I forgot I have a national day party in Montréal on the 23rd. Best believe I won't be in any shape to drive even virtually. See you next sunday. I have quite a busy summer so I might miss some sundays in the next 3-4 months but I will be back on the 30th.
Have fun and party responsibly ;)

"National day?" As in, Quebec finally got it's independence?!

Last edited:
What's up D1 guys. I'll miss this sunday too, I forgot I have a national day party in Montréal on the 23rd. Best believe I won't be in any shape to drive even virtually. See you next sunday. I have quite a busy summer so I might miss some sundays in the next 3-4 months but I will be back on the 30th.

Shouldn’t your National Day party be held in the Capitale-Nationale Region of Québec City? Enjoy your Saint-Jean-Bapiste Day and know that even French Canadians in other parts of the Canada are very much aware of the Holiday.

As for the action in last Sunday night's action, I raced home from a Father's Day dinner to try and get to home in time for the races.
(Choosing Snail's over Family??) Never a good idea to log on and start a race ice-cold.

I saw myself completely blow the first esses in the first lap at Trial Mountain in race #1.
SHARE_20240618_0819330.jpeg

SHARE_20240618_0820000.jpeg

I saw @Xradkins make a similar mistake in the 2nd race.
SHARE_20240618_0820180.jpeg

I saw myself really struggle with the pace in the 2nd combo. Our grid went down to 6 cars and I spent a lot of time by myself.
SHARE_20240618_0820420.jpeg

I saw @Salty Toloom accidentally hit the barrier at the start of the bridge which cascaded into contact with @Kgffy which in turn allowed free passage for myself down the middle.
SHARE_20240618_0821020.jpeg

This made for a fun few competitive laps but in the end, they both passed me and had quite a finish for themselves.
SHARE_20240618_0821210.jpeg

I had to call it a night after the 2nd combo.
See you at the car-show.

Last edited:
Might be fun to watch someone try to race drunk on Sunday night. I don't drink so I wouldn't be a good test subject. :D

Last edited:
I really don't get drunk, despite some of my best efforts; but I don't think I've driven on the sim without having a couple of drinks in many years. Maybe ever.

A friend pointed out on an old video of mine from like 15 years ago demonstrating a lap on the ring that I drank two beers and had a smoke during the lap. Also had another ask me after watching a VR replay of mine why I always look up at the headliner on the straights. Well...

I hosted and uploaded replays for D1 Sunday and I'd like to collect some snails or it. What do I do? Where do I learn this aspect of snail? @JLBowler, @Dragonwhisky.

With the current steward capacity, if it isn't filed, with all the required details, we are not likely to go looking. We don't usually go looking for incidents in any event.

Might be fun to watch someone try to race drunk on Sunday night. I don't drink so I wouldn't be a good test subject. :D
It would be entertaining to watch Worst drive around while being celebratorally (sp) inebriated. If we could convince a few others in D1 to drive around while they are the proverbial 16 sheets, the rest of us might have shot at a top step now and then. 😛:lol::cheers:👽

I hosted and uploaded replays for D1 Sunday and I'd like to collect some snails or it. What do I do? Where do I learn this aspect of snail? @JLBowler, @Dragonwhisky.
You can claim your $hells for contributing to the league here.

Have fun and party responsibly ;)

"National day?" As in, Quebec finally got it's independence?!
Thanks ! That gives us two consecutive 3 day weekends with Canada day next sunday (or the unofficial moving day here in Québec because we have an incredibly inconvenient tradition of moving all at the same time on July 1st as most residential leases start on july 1st)

@Buffalo_DRD I wish it would take place in Quebec city but most artists live in Montreal. Maybe next year who knows. Also, you Franco-Ontarien guys gave us awesome franco artists and are considered cousins to Québec ! Bonne St-Jean to you too and nice photos as usual.

@Dragonwhisky I'm already tired enough as it is on mondays I'll skip the hangover...but I could try being high but a new division would need to be created as I would be alone in D3 with my slow reflexes and reaction time. :lol:

@Dragonwhisky I'm already tired enough as it is on mondays I'll skip the hangover...but I could try being high but a new division would need to be created as I would be alone in D3 with my slow reflexes and reaction time. :lol:
D3: Mushroom Division.

Why is Alsace melting? Why does Tokyo look like an oozing tunnel? Why am in the passenger seat?

I'm not sure why more drivers don't self report. I do it against myself too often for my liking. While filling my last IR against myself I saw a blatant incident, not involving me, that I was going to report, but missed the deadline. I know there aren't many stewards to review IRs, and I've even considered not filing to reduce their work load. 🙂 None of us want to foul other drivers, but we do on occasion and as responsible racers it behooves us to admit it.

I'm not sure why more drivers don't self report. I do it against myself too often for my liking. While filling my last IR against myself I saw a blatant incident, not involving me, that I was going to report, but missed the deadline. I know there aren't many stewards to review IRs, and I've even considered not filing to reduce their work load. 🙂 None of us want to foul other drivers, but we do on occasion and as responsible racers it behooves us to admit it.
I would add, as responsible and veteran SNAILs, it "behooves" all to take new members "under the wing" so to speak, and let them know when things are outside the rules. If being polite and courteous yields undesired results, it's time to bring in the stewards. Bringing in the stewards sooner rather than later is usually better. That's what we've volunteered for.

Folks might think of filing against another driver as opening a third party, mediated discussion about what's accepted, and what is not, on track. Self reports are all well and good, sometimes however, ya' just gotta
Penguin Bap GIF
What I would find more interesting is what that smacked penguin did after getting smacked. Did it get some dinner?

My review of the incident on file is complete.

Last edited:
Back