♦SNAIL WRRC (CLOSED)PS4 

• Thread starter Lessen
  • 3,864 comments
General%20Announcement_zpssunv3eju.jpg~original

With S8R1 complete, here are your combo options. Happy voting! (Click me. Do it! Do it now!)

Season%208%20Round%202%20OPTIONS_zpsc81nivuf.jpg~original
Damn, two of my favourites, one on each side... How can I choose!?!?!?
BMW of Gull Wing, it's like selecting your favourite child.

I'll be happy with another middle of the pack finish tonight, problem is, if the room splits up, I will probably have to race with the FAST guys. Can my ego take finishing last?[/QUOTE]

Crystal ball was working yesterday. Almost... i didn't finish last at all. In fact, I got a couple of podiums. 3rds with GTR and Mopar ahead of me...... Yay.

I have to appologise to whomever I took out at Laguna. Gtr made a move that freaked me out so much I lost all situational awareness. Congrats on that pass man, gutsy, he took two spots coming into the last left hander before the CS. That I think is the best pass I have ever seen in online racing.. That would be worth posting.

If I might point out the obvious, lets try and stay away from the grid limited tracks.

I see no issue with grid limited tracks. If there is to be growth in the series, splits are inevitable and we really don't need divisions deeper than 12 anyways.

That being said, we will run this entire season as 2 divisions. Maybe @SGETI would like to volunteer as primary D1 host? It would be nice if somebody else in D1 would be willing to take screenshots for scoring duties as well so the host doesn't have to do everything.

Just like Sunday, volunteers will play a huge part in this series' success.

Big thanks to everybody who stepped up last night to help out. Much appreciated. 👍

The Cadwell deal was just awful, period. Let's race on tracks that are wide enough for two cars all the way around. I also had a hard time with turning due to the 900deg deal. Had some issues staying on line after hard corners...couldn't hold my position when someone tried to dive under me in those tight corners so I ended up banging doors with some people...granted they probably shouldn't have been there in the first place but it probably looked like I was retaliating when I was just trying to bring the wheel back to neutral from being turned two times around.

I really enjoy Cadwell. It's Monaco in the forest. It certainly weighs heavily in qualifying, which is fine by me. @aerolite and I were nose to tail nearly all 20 minutes.

Truthfully though it would be a little bit better In a car with a bit more power. The Ginetta gt4 was a little bit better for passing opportunities.

I'm gonna be doing a live commentary later on today with the new Corvette C7 GT3 any recommendations on tracks anyone?

That being said, we will run this entire season as 2 divisions. Maybe @SGETI would like to volunteer as primary D1 host? It would be nice if somebody else in D1 would be willing to take screenshots for scoring duties as well so the host doesn't have to do everything.

I will be glad to host. If anyone has an issue with my connection, we can figure out the solution in the future.

I have to appologise to whomever I took out at Laguna. Gtr made a move that freaked me out so much I lost all situational awareness. Congrats on that pass man, gutsy, he took two spots coming into the last left hander before the CS. That I think is the best pass I have ever seen in online racing.. That would be worth posting.

I had a birds eye view of that pass from behind @gtr3123. From my view, remember thinking, three wide, this could get ugly. Gtr went by, then two cars off track. I even marked it down when and what lap for picture purposes. nice video.

I have been thinking and I have to say something. Here is my 1 cents worth. (My other 1 cent went to the x-wifes. )

Splitting the division will be needed in time. I am just wondering if now is the time. We had 13 drivers, great turn out. Our biggest yet. But this was just for one night. We need consist weeks of full grids. Just because the table was full for one night does not mean it will happen every time. I still remember the races recently with fewer than 10 drivers. Racing with only 4 or 5 guys is very limited.

I was thinking, keep the two divisions, yet if we can all fit onto one track, lets all race race on one track. The scoring would be for two divisions. A bit of a pain, but doable.

When the time comes that all of us regularly no longer fit at the same dinner table, then we should get a new table.
In the mean time lets just move the chairs closer, rub elbows and enjoys everyone's company.

I have been thinking and I have to say something. Here is my 1 cents worth. (My other 1 cent went to the x-wifes. )

Splitting the division will be needed in time. I am just wondering if now is the time. We had 13 drivers, great turn out. Our biggest yet. But this was just for one night. We need consist weeks of full grids. Just because the table was full for one night does not mean it will happen every time. I still remember the races recently with fewer than 10 drivers. Racing with only 4 or 5 guys is very limited.

I was thinking, keep the two divisions, yet if we can all fit onto one track, lets all race race on one track. The scoring would be for two divisions. A bit of a pain, but doable.

When the time comes that all of us regularly no longer fit at the same dinner table, then we should get a new table.
In the mean time lets just move the chairs closer, rub elbows and enjoys everyone's company.
I'm not racing next week, as I'll be away until Thursday, so that's already one less for the grid. But I believe we are going to see a slow trickle in of people leaving GT6 behind and coming over as more and more Sunday SNAILers get PS4's so Sgeti's point is very relevant.

I agree with him that we should be ready to split into 2 rooms if necessary, but I'd hate to see us racing in two rooms with 4 and 5 people each, since it could lead to some lonely racing.
Obviously it's a bit more work for the organisation of the series, but I think it would lead to better race nights.

I still would rather it be one room right now, even though way less chance of getting podium. I don't really care about that anyways, as long as I have someone to race against, have some fun and have the chance to beat Lobban. I don't even care if we scrapped last nights points and started fresh next week.

You were nose to tail because you couldn't pass each other.
I dunno, I thought driving the car really well, holding my lines and really not messing up kept Lesson behind me. I passed a few others during the race who either couldn't stay on line or got slow coming out of a corner.

I understand the concerns.

Although my original concern began around the scoring issue, it became clear quite quickly there is a lot more to it than just points. I expect this month to be a growth month and this is a good opportunity to work on situations that only come up when there are multiple lobbies being run. This decision is mainly about being proactive and just as much about what is necessary to change behind the scenes as what is needed on the grid. For the time being, if we have a really "light" night, then we can surely run as one group, but we're nearing time for that to be the exception, not the norm. If we have at least 12 we'll split as long as one division is not less than 6.

Tracks with limited grid space like Cadwell probably shouldn't be used in the future. We should probably not allow any tracks with a limited grid to be chosen in the future...even if we have more than 16 drivers consistently.

You can never truly have a league organized around tracks with varied grid sizes. To avoid last night's debacle in the future we should just rule those tracks out completely. What if we had 30 drivers in two divisions? Then we would have had to unnaturally split into 3 rooms which would have taken another 30 minutes to accomplish.

Just an opinion.

I understand the concerns.

Although my original concern began around the scoring issue, it became clear quite quickly there is a lot more to it than just points. I expect this month to be a growth month and this is a good opportunity to work on situations that only come up when there are multiple lobbies being run. This decision is mainly about being proactive and just as much about what is necessary to change behind the scenes as what is needed on the grid. For the time being, if we have a really "light" night, then we can surely run as one group, but we're nearing time for that to be the exception, not the norm. If we have at least 12 we'll split as long as one division is not less than 6.
So if we have at least 12 drivers then we will run in two rooms from here on out? Strange. I'd much rather run in a full room than a room of 5 or 6. I don't think we're as close as you think to a consistent 16+ drivers.

I really like the idea of 2 divisions in the same room. It's like endurance racing with different classes all running together. I think it would make it fun and interesting for everyone.
This would work. With only 6 cars on the track there is a lot of by yourself racing. Gimme the big rooms if warrented. Two rooms with 6 or 7 in each should only be pulled out when the driver count excedes the track grid size.. No more small grid size tracks would also help.
That Woodland track would be awesome for a Kart race.

Steve Steve Steve. You must be choking on feathers from the chicken bones of jealousy. It's just killing you and I love it. Keep practicing son and you might make it to the big boys room someday. Bwaaaa.

Thanks for taking the time to take some shots @SGETI Those always look great!

Enjoy playing around, glad you like them. Last week I forgot to save any replays. Ahh, the older I get, the more I forget.

I also most posted these in the main SNAIL thread, hahaha.

Enjoy playing around, glad you like them. Last week I forgot to save any replays. Ahh, the older I get, the more I forget.

I also most posted these in the main SNAIL thread, hahaha.
Is the first one right before GTR magical pass move?

I had a blast last night,I do have mixed feelings on the split league,first I got a win last night that I probably would have never gotten with 1 division,but it is more fun racing with more cars on the track as long as I'm actually racing and not just riding around in back by myself,2 divisions would be more work but could attract more racers,just my opinion

Latest Posts

Back