1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Cano you need your own thread! :lol:

Anywho, here's the finished Porsche/Dyno display. I may re-do the hood on the car. Not happy with how it came out. (sorry about the photo quality)

DSCN4404.jpg

DSCN4406.jpg

DSCN4407.jpg

R1600Turbo
Cano you need your own thread! :lol:

Anywho, here's the finished Porsche/Dyno display. I may re-do the hood on the car. Not happy with how it came out. (sorry about the photo quality)

Thats so epic... I wish I could do that. Anything I am good at is restricted to computers and hockey.

dscn1092fr.jpg

All from Walmart. 917 is the first Hot Ones I've considered buying, at least so far. Bought another Land Cruiser, this one I'm gonna take out of packaging. It's cute!

Still haven't seen A-Team(did get one from eBay, last week).

despite the AUD being stronger than the USD.

you're dropping that in? Some might say Jafa, but I'll just glare. :sly:

Cano: A Canadian 405. That's the best car there imo, but I'm a sucker for the blue card era so...

Peugeot_405_Blu.JPG

Last edited:
Finally found my lost cars:

Misc. lot
dscn1110t.jpg

Hot Wheels
dscn1108u.jpg

Choro Q's
dscn1111w.jpg

My long lost Playart Miura & Celica. This Miura is one of the earliest toy of mine I can remember. It survived, because it was at my late grandparents. Everything else my mom threw away when I was still in grade school. :crazy:
dscn1112k.jpg

Tomica's. The tanker truck thing is nearly as old as the Miura. Also a survivor from my childhood at the grandparents. Some are from the 90's I think. My kid brother brought them back from Japan.
dscn1115l.jpg

More miscellaneous cars. Hot Wheel keychain on the right is kind of cool. Little car spins around inside.
dscn1116x.jpg

Kyosho Skyline 1/43
dscn1119c.jpg

I gotta buy some more 1:64s, I haven't bought any in ages, and the new 2011/12 cars look epic.

Cano: A Canadian 405. That's the best car there imo, but I'm a sucker for the blue card era so...

Peugeot_405_Blu.JPG

Isn't it just international, not canadian? The thing was sold here like any other car back in the day, I remember the pegs were full of these things.

Finally found my lost cars:

AMAZING CARS!! That Playart Miura still with the chrome hubcaps is awesome and in great great shape! Can I get more pics of both Playarts? I've never seen the Celica, it looks sweet!

I also love the Choro Qs, and you have two standouts in the hot wheels, the Ferrari and the 850i, both Corgi castings converted to HW duttty, they are'nt easy to find. The Tomicas are also neat as heck. And I also have the 1:43 Hakosuka, including three race versions.

AMAZING CARS!! That Playart Miura still with the chrome hubcaps is awesome and in great great shape! Can I get more pics of both Playarts? I've never seen the Celica, it looks sweet!

I also love the Choro Qs, and you have two standouts in the hot wheels, the Ferrari and the 850i, both Corgi castings converted to HW duttty, they are'nt easy to find. The Tomicas are also neat as heck. And I also have the 1:43 Hakosuka, including three race versions.
Thanks man. 👍 I was wondering about the 850, as the blue one I accidentally obtained one before(still in pack), but here is this silver one, and it's the first Hot Wheels I've seen with the doors opened like they did with Tomicas. Thanks for the info!

Sorry for my crap camera & my crap skillz:
dscn1138t.jpg

dscn1142ux.jpg

I have a need for a Hot Wheels 2011 370z (white) because I have suddenly fallen in love with it after seeing the 370 at the Nissan dealership today. It would be great in silver, but they are only made in white, red, blue, and yellow. I haven't seen one in stores before, but then again I haven't looked hard. Has anyone seen any 370z's lately?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any 370z's lately?

I have but it was almost 5 months ago... And it was in blue so I refused to get it. Instead, I went for the Ferrari Racer series that were in major discount!

I think it will be a little bit difficult to find nowadays, but you can always get it on eBay and such...

Pics of some really old and battle hardened hot wheels and matchbox cars in my photo album guys - these are from back in my younger days, theres even stuff from toddler days!! As you can see - we went hard back then, my buddies and i use to race these on yellow tracks, meters long in my yard - when i used to get these out, all the kids in the neighborhood used to turn up to check it out. Had to be cautious though that none of the cars "took a walk"!

When I was a toddler, I was just about the only one interested in these mini-cars.

On the new "Z", I want to say that white one is everywhere. Yellow, I don't recall. Red, sometimes.

The F1 is made by Majorette. I had one as well, but I think both spoilers are missing now. :lol:

Thanks. A quick search found me the rest of the ones I had.

The ferrari, benetton and brabbham were my favourites. Wish I knew where they are now.

On the new "Z", I want to say that white one is everywhere. Yellow, I don't recall. Red, sometimes.

I have a white one - the car just looks cool in that colour. I have seen a couple yellow ones on my side, but I dont recall seeing a red.

R1600Turbo
I've seen a bunch lately. Just bought a red one over the weekend. Saw a white one too but passed on it because it has the new crap-tastic "DUB" wheels on it. :yuck:

Yea... I love the white but the wheels SUCK. Why do they have to "pimp" all their cars?

Yeah. While I admit it was kind of amusing on the new 510, I also don't care for the pimping frequently practiced by Hot Wheels. Same goes for the larger rear wheels. I find Matchbox cars to be more "stock", and proportionately accurate. I know some of you have commented on those things as well. I must say though, Hot Wheels do heck of a job on muscle cars. Muscle cars & Datsun 510 pulled me into the hobby. Damn it. :crazy:
The ferrari, benetton and brabbham were my favourites. Wish I knew where they are now.
After seen you & Apok's post, I started searching to see if they made any cars I like(I don't know how I ended up with the Ferrari). While they didn't have anything I wanted(spendy for what they are!), I found this:

lotusf12.jpg

Modelautonieuws.nl

It is 1/64, and probably my favorite Formula 1 car(trying to sell a 1/18 on eBay now). It's likely worth tons of money, so I'm not even going to look for one. :dopey:

Yeah. While I admit it was kind of amusing on the new 510, I also don't care for the pimping frequently practiced by Hot Wheels. Same goes for the larger rear wheels.

Yeah, the large rear wheel thing irks me too. Like the new Boss Mustang that has them....totally not necessary. Ruins the car.

Yea... I love the white but the wheels SUCK. Why do they have to "pimp" all their cars?

Because that's waht Hot Wheels is, modified cars. Back in 1967 Elliot Handler (who recently died) saw that no toy company attacked the hot rod toy car market and created the first 16 hot wheels in 1968 precisely in the hot rodding spirit of the time.

hot wheels lore:

Legend has it that, when the 1969 Classic Cord prototype was presented to HWs executives, they thought it didin't look enough like a hot wheels, so they decided to add the opening hood and the monster blown V8 poking trough. Thus the classic Cord came to be:

hot%20wheels%20redline%20cord%20magenta.jpg

/hot wheels lore.

The story of the Cord is the story of Hot Wheels as a brand. And yeah, I know some models are plain wrong, or in this case, the wheels, but it's the very escence of HW.

As the brand name suggests, I guess. Makes sense. 👍

Still though, larger rear wheels seems totally unnecessary to me. Like 1600 said, it completely ruins cars. If they did it great once in awhile, it might end up being somewhat neat? :D

This is what I call a "whell fail." This is my Ferrari 458 I bought earlier today. Take a look:
photo-11.jpg

This should be illegal... :yuck:

InvincibleM5
Mine, non Faster Than Ever also has a wheels like that. Size wise. If that's what you are referring to.

Yes, but the 2012 BMW M3 GT2 has perfect wheels. They might be converting to realism now... :)

Today I bought:
Ferrari California (Red)
Ferrari 458 Italia (Sparkly bluish silver)
BMW M3 GT2 (White with other decals)
Aston Martin DBS (Red)
Aston Martin One-77 (white)
Ferrari 5 pack including:
Ferrari F50 (Blue with other decals)
Ferrari 575 GTC (Yellow w/ black decals)
Ferrari 430 Scuderia (Red)
Ferrari GTO (white)
Ferrari 599 (Red)
I want a 370z!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yes, but the 2012 BMW M3 GT2 has perfect wheels. They might be converting to realism now... :)

I don't even know if the real 458 has a wheel with that size but most cars that Hot Wheels make are pretty much in a real size...

All Faster Than Ever cars will have that gold wheel by the way.

InvincibleM5
I don't even know if the real 458 has a wheel with that size but most cars that Hot Wheels make are pretty much in a real size...

All Faster Than Ever cars will have that gold wheel by the way.

I wasn't aware of that. By the way, how hard is it to find the treasure hunts? At walmart they have an insane amount of Hot Wheels, but I didn't find any the last two times I checked. Also, where would be my best bet to find one?

Back