1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
You completely mis-understood my post. :lol:

I don't even know if I want to type it out again...

That's one way to live. Someone misunderstands you so you give up. :lol:

Here's what I'll do. I'll remove my reference to your post so we don't confuse folks. What I stated can stand alone and be understood by all.

Last edited:
You completely mis-understood my post. :lol:

I don't even know if I want to type it out again...

That's one way to live. Someone misunderstands you so you give up. :lol:

Here's what I'll do. I'll remove my reference to your post so we don't confuse folks. What I started can stand alone without it.

EDIT, I've gone back and reread your post and racked my brain for a good 30 seconds...what else could you be talking about aside from how its hard to differentiate between the normal cars and the exclusive ones...

response not necessary, I'm just saying. :lol:
(my phone is 🤬 I just edited my post and it doubled it)

Last edited:
EDIT, I've gone back and reread your post and racked my brain for a good 30 seconds...what else could you be talking about aside from how its hard to differentiate between the normal cars and the exclusive ones...

response not necessary, I'm just saying. :lol:
(my phone is 🤬 I just edited my post and it doubled it)

Try this:

I think cars like the K-Mart Day exclusive cars that only have different paint jobs, the packaging is the same, including Wal-Mart exclusive color releases. Honestly with most of the cars released these days it's hard to know if you have something rare unless it's posted all over the internet. (For example, a rare wheel variation maybe be widely unknown unless you see it on the internet) Errors are nice to have as they are usually one of a kind. <- Truth.

There. :dopey:

Tom Servo
Mazda Furai

I got to find one ASAP!!! :eek::drool:

AOS-
I don't get people who throw THAT much money on a single collectible.

Sometimes I wonder about the same thing. But as they say, different strokes for different folks. Some people can find the value with some of the cars, espically the older ones or a unique color, it could have some value during the years that can be a profit.

I can respect the collectors who do it and refuse to open them for years, just to sell them, but to me, there's no great feeling of opening the package to sniff that new car smell, hold it in your hand and zip across your desk. I've been itching to open some of my cars from the 2008+ series(some have been their 'tombs' for 3-4 years) and when I unleash them, I felt somehow kinda great inside. I still keep their package for the garages and storage, so I have the best of both worlds, including buying more than one car which is a smart move also.

You talk about errors and I'll talk about colors, then we'll have all the stones turned. :lol:

Moving on. I was at toys r us last night and saw the new cases in the aisle. I presume they stock after close so I'm going to pop by today during lunch. I didn't see the letter but I'm hoping to find a KIT car. I did nab a couple Dale jr collection cars for 1.07 art walmart but the tampos are so hideous I had instantaneous remorse.

Last edited:
Only a few more hours until I bring home some cars that might even make Cano Jelly and I probably wont have many more posts after this one with pics has my house has sold and I need to pack everything away.

Congrats on selling in this market. My wife and I are toying with the idea of renting ours out when we buy our next home. It was a rental before we bought and can bring 200 more a month over our mortgage. 👍

That corner pedestal on the stair way can't hold any more cars. I definitely need to making those acrylic boxes, pronto.

Quick stop at TRU tonight, picked up:

- Back to the Future Delorean (short card)
- '12 Camaro ZL-1 (dark blue)
- Mazda RX-7 (new black one)
- Ford Falcon Race Car (white)

Picks tomorrow since it's dark here and the lighting at my place sucks.

Here you go, I admit I was wrong, shoot me now.

hwc_sneaks_68488.jpg

it's been two weeks since the photo of that in the blisterpack filtered to the interwebz.

This, though, is pretty new and absolutely awesome:

78Dodge.jpg

Hi guys this will be my last post with pics for while as I have packed everything up for the move. This will be a long one.

P2110107 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A pair of Greenlight Mecum Auto Auction Corvettes

P2110108 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Greenlight Dioramas GL Muscle with an old Mustang waiting to get painted and a new Mustang

P2110111 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Another Greenlight Dioramas set this is the Animal House one with the Corvette out the front

P2110112 by commodoreben, on Flickr
More Greenlight Diorama's this one is a scene from Bullitt with a new Charger and Mustang taking the place of the older models

P2110113 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Another Greenlight Diorama with a Dodge pickup/camper at a Hippie Concert

P2110114 by commodoreben, on Flickr
A Shelby Autmotive shop made by Shelby Collectables

P2110115 by commodoreben, on Flickr
Inside the Shelby shop

P2110116 by commodoreben, on Flickr
The best for last a Greenlight Route 66 15 Car Pack

P2110117 by commodoreben, on Flickr

P2110118 by commodoreben, on Flickr

P2110119 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Sorry about the long post but it will be my last with pics for a while

Hi guys this will be my last post with pics for while as I have packed everything up for the move. This will be a long one.

Greenlight stuff

Sorry about the long post but it will be my last with pics for a while

Screw you all the way to your new house, Ben! Such a bunch of high end cars. I hope all those were sold here in supermarkets, got dammit. I'd be all over them.

New Stuff

(I opened all of these except for the Ultra Hots '67 Camaro)

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

eBay Lot

This was a mistake actually. There was one bid on this lot with about a minute remaining when I stumbled upon it. I thought...surely this cannot sell for 9.99. (They were all on cut cards so I knew they'd be great quality.) I'll raise it a buck just for giggles. Well, the jokes on me as I won the lot for 10.49. A quarter a car may seem cheap, but I have every car in this lot in package already. I'm holding out hope that one of them will be a rare wheel variation. Unfortunately, these cars are from the mid 90s when Hot wheels were vari-mad. A few of the model series cars have 5-7 variations. I'm in for a good hour of research with this group.
Could be worse though, I think, for they are at the least fresh pulls.
:)

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Just looked them up. Out of the 40 cars...I have 7 that are the most expensive variation!

The Hot Hub Vampyria is the green 6pk hub while the Dodge Ram 1500 and '96 Ford Mustang are the 5spk versions! Just in these three cars, I've made my investment back. :lol:

Oh and the Fast Food series car...which I hadnt even noticed, is the Sweet Stocker. eBay has them BIN from 8-10, but so the out the door price has got to be $5.

Ah, really! I had not seen that Vampirya. I think I just bought one in a blister lot I nabbed up, but unless a set of those wheels show up in the new axle lot I just bought, that one is gonna serve as a wheel donor. Takata green!

alas, I have never seen the race Ram with 5 spokes, only 7s. Pics? I also had never seen the purple 58 Vette with 5 spokes.

Screw you all the way to your new house, Ben! Such a bunch of high end cars. I hope all those were sold here in supermarkets, got dammit. I'd be all over them.

Thanks Cano I think that is my second screw you. All the cars came from Toys R Us about a half hour from my house and diabolicwyvern Ive got that green Ram 1500 but it doesnt have the canopy

So after my movie tonight I hit all the Wal-Marts in my area since it was 10pm and the Target's were closed. Nothing at any of them, no Hotwheels boxes on the pallets either. My last stop I walked up to the isle and immediately I noticed something was off. At first I was like, "new cars!" but then it hit me. They were OLD cars. Like, 2003 First Editions cars. :lol:

Only one that jumped out at me as a must have was a 2003 First Editions Civic Si, so I bought it. Kind of sad actually.

2003_Honda_Civic_Si_-_03FE.jpg

Latest Posts

Back