1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,477 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
R1600Turbo
So after my movie tonight I hit all the Wal-Marts in my area since it was 10pm and the Target's were closed. Nothing at any of them, no Hotwheels boxes on the pallets either. My last stop I walked up to the isle and immediately I noticed something was off. At first I was like, "new cars!" but then it hit me. They were OLD cars. Like, 2003 First Editions cars. :lol:

Only one that jumped out at me as a must have was a 2003 First Editions Civic Si, so I bought it. Kind of sad actually.

Kind of sad?

That's a rare find right there a EP3 CTR!!! :eek:

I GOTTA FIND ONE!!!! Please tell me, without going to Ebay or any online store, how can I get one or any older mainline cars from previous years.

@ Frostyboys,
Can't wait to see pics of the new BMW 2002, probably take me at-least a year to source 1 for myself :( ... how'd you get it so quick?, also very jelly at those of you, that have managed to get your hands on the new RX7... again probably take me a year to acquire 1.

PS, Cano, really like the wheel idea for the Moby-Dick.. should look real nice, be sure to post some pics of it when done please.

I like both, but what is the bike?

No way.
The bike is a Harley Davidson
and one word "K-day"

okay here we go

first off
Birthday party gets!
first a little non hot wheels thing I got
scaled.php

now hot wheels
scaled.php

finally got that avantador and the revention and doubles of the imparable

scaled.php

got more doubles with the scull crusher and I got the troy soldier and 458 with FTE1 wheels

scaled.php

The growler is really not my style but hey. Also, the Rennen Rig and chevy are nice, but the charger was an error and the back wheels wont move, too bad I opened it

scaled.php

and bam finally got the mustang boss loving it

scaled.php

got this nice 10 pack, includes a....Lamborghini revention spider

scaled.php

got this 5pack but most of them are......plastic bodies

now my
Late K-Day Finds
yes I didn't know k-day only lasts an hour(I got there at 2PM) but I still got leftovers :)

for the exclusive colors
scaled.php

awesome color, It's a keeps

scaled.php

all I have to say is that I prefer red

non exclusive
scaled.php

First sandblaster yay

now
cars that'll make you Jelly
scaled.php

black m3:sly:

scaled.php

A new evo to add to my lancer evolution collection

and what we've all been waiting for...
The BMW 2002
scaled.php

side note: I also found an exclusive camaro light bar, some first to market cars, the new aventador color, a fleetline and some new awesome models, but I was limited to 6 :(

Last edited:
Kind of sad?

That's a rare find right there a EP3 CTR!!! :eek:

I GOTTA FIND ONE!!!! Please tell me, without going to Ebay or any online store, how can I get one or any older mainline cars from previous years.

It's just sad that the only new stuff I'm finding is actually stuff that is quite old. :lol:

I haven't had any luck with the 2002(Bimmer) or the RX-7 yet either. I've been looking!

I do like R1600's Civic, also the Harley & Custom Chevy truck from Frostyboy's photo. Is it his birthday? If so, Happy Birthday! :)

Last edited:
K-Mart Day

They have a few of them during the year, and there's always cars with "special colors" there. Depending on which store you go to, it can be a nightmare.

I haven't had any luck with the 2002(Bimmer) or the RX-7 yet either. I've been looking!

I do like R1600's Civic, also the Harley & Custom Chevy truck from Frostyboy's photo. Is it his birthday? If so, Happy Birthday! :)
my birthday was the 10th of January, my party was the 28th
I getting these to you late because I lost my camera for a while

also these have hit the shelves in my kmart
hwc_sneaks_68494.jpg

hwc_sneaks_68476.jpg

but I still haven't seen the K.I.T.T
hwc_sneaks_68485.jpg

AOS-
I think I should just sell all my Hot Wheels.... make room for plastic statues :lol:

Before you do that, PM me if you are dude and we can see about making an arrangement. ;)

Frostyboys
The bike is a Harley Davidson
and one word "K-day"

okay here we go

first off
Birthday party gets!
first a little non hot wheels thing I got

now hot wheels

finally got that avantador and the revention and doubles of the imparable

got more doubles with the scull crusher and I got the troy soldier and 458 with FTE1 wheels

The growler is really not my style but hey. Also, the Rennen Rig and chevy are nice, but the charger was an error and the back wheels wont move, too bad I opened it

and bam finally got the mustang boss loving it

got this nice 10 pack, includes a....Lamborghini revention spider

got this 5pack but most of them are......plastic bodies

now my
Late K-Day Finds
yes I didn't know k-day only lasts an hour(I got there at 2PM) but I still got leftovers :)

for the exclusive colors

awesome color, It's a keeps

all I have to say is that I prefer red

non exclusive

First sandblaster yay

now
cars that'll make you Jelly

black m3:sly:

A new evo to add to my lancer evolution collection

and what we've all been waiting for...
The BMW 2002

side note: I also found an exclusive camaro light bar, some first to market cars, the new aventador color, a fleetline and some new awesome models, but I was limited to 6 :(

Some of those cars and dat BMW 2002 tii.... MUST.. HAVE!!!!!!

R1600Turbo
It's just sad that the only new stuff I'm finding is actually stuff that is quite old. :lol:

:lol:

That store is a gold mine for some of the older ones. Makes any collector feel like Indiana Jones or(if a girl) Lara Croft.

Time to start diggin' :lol:.

First, this amazing Matchbox Superkings from the late 80s! It's almost pristine, except for a bit of the front bar that's broken. In any way, it's a very VERY rare car!

Any idea how other Superkings rank on the rarity scale? Because I think I have four or five of them, more or less flawless condition...

Any idea how other Superkings rank on the rarity scale? Because I think I have four or five of them, more or less flawless condition...

They are pretty rare and valuable... not like an original regular-tire Lesney nor a vintage Model of Yesteryear, but they are rarer than their 1:64 counterparts because they were, of course, more expensive and never sold as well, thus finding them in good shape today is hard. Take them out and snap some pics, then go on E-Bay to find out how much they fetch.

BTW Cano those wheels we were talking about, I saw a bunch of photos of new rubber tired cars that are coming out this year and a lot of them have those wheels. So may not be as hard to get them as I thought it would be. As a matter of fact the purple Triumph I bought a while ago has them, and I saw a few of those at Toys R Us, so I may buy a couple for donors at ~$4 a piece.

BTW Cano those wheels we were talking about, I saw a bunch of photos of new rubber tired cars that are coming out this year and a lot of them have those wheels. So may not be as hard to get them as I thought it would be. As a matter of fact the purple Triumph I bought a while ago has them, and I saw a few of those at Toys R Us, so I may buy a couple for donors at ~$4 a piece.

Ok, just let me know. You might be better off that way since you wouldn't have to custom-build the axles, just swap them over. Just make sure you rebuild the donors with at least some basic wheels lol.

Back