1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Okay, here are some shots. ;)

Everything found in the attic,

IMG_1125.jpg

Inside the bin (There are 8 bags in the bin, and approximately 60+ are in each),

IMG_1126.jpg

The boxes I found alongside the bin (Approximately 50+ cars)

IMG_1128.jpg

I'll post some every day, so for those interested, stay tuned. ;)

Ryou

Damn Ryou, that's awesome. There are some pretty hard to find cars in there. I'm missing several, and it's only a scratch on the surface! Yes, post pics!

And, btw, where theheck these all came from? I mean, they were on your house and you didn't know about them?

WAT.

Damn Ryou, that's awesome. There are some pretty hard to find cars in there. I'm missing several, and it's only a scratch on the surface! Yes, post pics!

And, btw, where theheck these all came from? I mean, they were on your house and you didn't know about them?

WAT.

Heh, my dad asked me to go up to the attic today and get some things for him, while searching around the attic, I found them.

Turns out we put those there when we moved, and I don't know what happened, but my mind forgot. :P At least I found them again.

Nice to know most people here wants to see them, even I can't wait to see what I find. :lol:

On Topic - I can never seem to keep the cars in their packages - Some of you guys have such huge collections - Greycap, Racecar, dennisch, Rotary Junkie, GM (that purple Europa!), ImvincibleM5, Aos-, homeforsummer, nismo01, Eliminator, Jetboy, Syntax error (love that espana bus!) Apokcalypse - those Sikus`!Cougar23 . . . and so many others, great work, especially to take the time to display your collections and spread the word.

May the `thrill of the find`come your way.

H.

I didnt make the list. I guess I need to post more so folks get the entire scope of my problem...I mean hobby. (I'm thinking if you count up everything in the 20+ photos on here you come up with a 1000-1500 cars. I have quite a bit more, but have been short on time to post them)

Oh just let me go up to MY attic and whip out a huge box of cars-🤬 am I dreaming?! One day you go up to your attic and coincidentally, there are massive amounts of scaled cars just sitting there....

Oh just let me go up to MY attic and whip out a huge box of cars-🤬 am I dreaming?! One day you go up to your attic and coincidentally, there are massive amounts of scaled cars just sitting there....
or a billion dollars

Nope, you're not dreaming :P. It's all 100% true, and there is a rather long story as to why, but I can't be bothered to type it all out.

I didnt make the list. I guess I need to post more so folks get the entire scope of my problem...I mean hobby. (I'm thinking if you count up everything in the 20+ photos on here you come up with a 1000-1500 cars. I have quite a bit more, but have been short on time to post them)

I want to see (:

So my sister asked me one day why I'm collecting these things for... and I couldn't give her an answer as even I didn't truly know why I wanted to either...

Like, I have no one to show them too IRL, they're just taking up space, and I don't play with them either so all they do is sit and collect dust.... I have thought about it for a while and to be honest, I think I only started collecting these things because I wanted to show it off here in GTPlanet, in this very thread... *insert forever alone* What about you guys? What are your intentions or motives for collecting?

Nope, you're not dreaming :P. It's all 100% true, and there is a rather long story as to why, but I can't be bothered to type it all out.

Summarize my friend. Summarize your story until it can be told in one sentence. :sly:

There are many reasons as to why I collect. First reason would have to be because it brings back childhood memories and maybe to one day give them to my son, when/if I have one. Another reason would be to show them off. A third reason would be an investment. And lastly, it gives me something to do, hence the hobby title.

Right now, this is what I'm into. It'll probably last another six months to a year, before I lose interest and settle for something else. The only thing I don't like about the hobby is that it's sort of frowned upon if you're older than a teenager.

Also, I don't think I could ever tell a girl I collect toy cars... :lol:

Old question. I think I could simply answer that because I have always liked cars, and these are the ones I can afford to collect. And of course, because they are cool as heck. If you ever try to find a reason for collecting something that doesn’t do anything (cars, cans, figures, old coins, you get the idea), you’re missing the point. You do it simply because you like to do it. And yes, it can also be an investment, and customizing them is way fun. Those may be the reasons-reasons, but the real deal here is because I love to.

@AOS-, to put it simply, I lost interest in diecasts when we moved 2 years ago, so when we moved, my father put the cars in the Attic and told me specifically, "We'll put these here, just in case you gain interest in it again." I forgot about it very easily. as my birthday was the day after that. 2 years passed, and I gained interest again, but I forgot completely about the diecasts in the Attic, until my dad told me to get something from the Attic. Once I saw my cars, it all struck me, then I remembered everything about it. :P

In other news,

Finds in the Bin of the Day (FBD),

Majorette Limousine

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Hot Wheels Thunderburner

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

Matchbox Chevy Pro Stocker

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Some Hot Wheels Ford

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Hot Wheels Hyundai Tiburon

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

Matchbox 1970 El Camino

IMG_1139.jpg

Hot Wheels Chevy Stocker (Metal Flake Paint! :dopey:)

IMG_1140.jpg

A BMW Z3 (Creator)

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

Last, but not least, Matchbox Cadillac Allante

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

Last edited:
What about you guys? What are your intentions or motives for collecting?

I just like having cool replica's of cars I would like to own but never will. I think for some of us it feeds the "wish I was a millionaire" part of our lives where we would like to purchase a Ferrari but will never have the money to, so we buy a $1 replica and gawk at it all day. :lol:

I still get funny looks from parents in the toy isle when I'm going through the Hotwheels. I even had someone as me once "aren't you a little big for those?" I was like, Nope! :dopey:

What about you guys? What are your intentions or motives for collecting?
My previous answer:
So the question is what do you guys do with all those cars?
Good question, but the same question applies from women's shoes to baseball cards.

For me, they were impulse buys. I see a hotwheel of some car I like, and they are a dollar. I bought maybe just couple of them a year. When my young nephew started getting into them, I started checking out the hotwheel/matchbox section for him. I'd buy a few, then I see like a Oldsmobile musclecar, and thinking "he's not going to appreciate this fine car!". Rest is history as they say. :lol: I'm just a casual collector, but I'd still buy if I see one I like.

I also show them off at work. I have Back to the Future DeLorean stuck on top of my computer monitor, and I get many compliments. Used to display Ghostbusters car before that. I sometimes pick one up for friends as well. They get a real kick out of them, although they are all in their 20's to 40's. :D

My previous answer:

I also show them off at work. I have Back to the Future DeLorean stuck on top of my computer monitor, and I get many compliments. Used to display Ghostbusters car before that. I sometimes pick one up for friends as well. They get a real kick out of them, although they are all in their 20's to 40's. :D
I should do that, but there's one problem

Some Hot Wheels Ford

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Looks like either a Ford Ranger or a Chevy S-10. In fact, it looks like the hood even says S-10 on it. :lol:

You probably don't want to do that at school. Yeah, not a good idea. :lol:

I have. :sly: I was a senior in high school this year and towards the end of year we had less and less to do and every once in a while we had this free period during the day where there weren't any classes going on...so I brought some Hot Wheels and HW tracks and my friend and I set up in the band room (where I always hung out during the year) and raced each others' Hot Wheels for the whole period. And I'm 17. :dopey: There were also several days where I brought in some cars just for fun. My Corgi London double-decker bus became infamous among my friends for the insane stunts it would pull... :bowdown:

I have. :sly: I was a senior in high school this year and towards the end of year we had less and less to do and every once in a while we had this free period during the day where there weren't any classes going on...so I brought some Hot Wheels and HW tracks and my friend and I set up in the band room (where I always hung out during the year) and raced each others' Hot Wheels for the whole period. And I'm 17. :dopey: There were also several days where I brought in some cars just for fun. My Corgi London double-decker bus became infamous among my friends for the insane stunts it would pull... :bowdown:
I wish I could do that, but everybody in my school looks down on toy cars, that and Magic: the gathering

Latest Posts

Back