1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,482 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Just documented all the cars that I have. I've been putting it off for a while, but now that I finally got it done I can at least say with certainty how many cars I have in my collection.
237 if anyone's wondering. Not only did I document every car I also documented in which box in which compartment I store it.
Yes, I had some free time. And I still do, which is why I'm working on taking pictures of each one. Again, because some of the pictures I took are TERRIBLE.

eeeww, blistercards.

Haven't we been over this before? :P

Blister cards = value. Some people, like yourself, appreciate the cars more when they are open and collecting dust. While others collect for the investment and keeping them locked up is the best way to keep them mint. 👍

With that said, if I really like a car and want one to open, I'll purchase two of them.

Blister cards = value.

At least in my case it's more like blister cards = better looking presentation. I'm not going to sell them (for profit, getting rid of surplus cars is another thing) anyway unless I get some serious $$$ for them - not going to happen - but the cards provide great backgrounds to the cars on display.

Haven't we been over this before? :P

Blister cards = value. Some people, like yourself, appreciate the cars more when they are open and collecting dust. While others collect for the investment and keeping them locked up is the best way to keep them mint. 👍

With that said, if I really like a car and want one to open, I'll purchase two of them.

o_o

eeew, blistercards.

I practice what I preach. Even my SuperTHs are out. Last picture, the purple Cadillac and the gray hot rod alongside it are SuperTHs.

I see you ignored everything I said...

haha, more or less. That was the purpose of the second "eeew, blistercards".

I am fully aware of collector value. I have, in fact, sold/traded significant -I'm talking ZZ-Top's version of the 34 Ford here, way rare-, still-trapped cars in their blisterpacks because I know several people who collect them locked, and even if I don't have it, if I don't have it outside the bubble it's as if it wasn't there. But I sold it because I wasn't gonna pop open such a significant, difficult to find car out of the blister in which it has survived 30 years. I let it go to someone that collects closed cars, and I'll have patience and wait for it loose. Don't get the idea that I don't understand the collectibility or value of closed cars. I just don't like them closed.

The TH cars are the best ones to free, since they usually have better detail.

I only have one carded TH and that's only because I have another loose one and the super TH equivalent.

If "better detail" means rubber tires on the Supers, sure.

I agree. SuperTHs are the same basic castings with -sometimes- painted lamps and details and rubber tires. Thing is, the added detail is also present in the regular version, the only difference 'tween a regulat TH and a $uper are the tires and the spectraflame paint.

Want detail in a Hot Wheels? Get a 100% car. THOSE are detailed.

The Treasure hunts are indeed more detailed. I remember a couple of years ago when I got my first TH even though I didn't know it at the time I definitely noticed added detail and I still notice it today even if it is nothing more than more tampos.
It may just be me, but they also seem to be applied more accurately than on the regulars.

830px-DSC07790.jpg

DO WANT:drool:

http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Dirty_Outlaw

And finally this horrible horrible thing. Do anyone know what’s the name of this Hot Wheels? I can’t for the life of me remember.
IMG_4091.jpg

This is just a reminder to me. I'm at work and cannot see pics with firewall, but if the car hasnt been identified...but your ____ I'll know what it is. When I get home I'll have a look. Also, hit up K-Mart last night and scored. I will post pics here.

Edit: Dont bet....I've never seen that car before, so I've no idea its name. A couple nights of research and I'm sure to find one show up. Whats on the bottom of the car?

Last edited:
Went to the shops the other day and was so happy to score this...

98473442.jpg

My first super T hunt and on a long card too, really nice paintjob. :)

Robin.

Nice one, Robin. 👍 That is the car that got me into Hotwheels, but instead of the Treasure Hunt, the standard one. I bought one for my young nephew, and ended up keeping it for myself. :embarrassed: If I see that T.H. version in the store, I know I'd be pretty excited!

I'm so glad I walked into that toy store today... A store that doesn't sell well means they had stuff from 2008! Picked up a white NSX! :embarrassed:

Last Nights Heist​

Picked up two of each of these
IMG_0668.jpg

The following are all singles I nabbed
IMG_0670.jpg

@Cano--Awhile back we talked about Yatming passing off licenses to Chinese companies to continue producing lesser quality product with the examaple being the New York Camaro we both posted. Here is another example. You've posted the original brown Caddie prior, but heres the 'evolution' side by side.

IMG_0678.jpg

Oh and where on earth did you find a white Lickety Six???? It definately came in gift pack only.

The cars at the top of my go find list: The Flat out was only offered in Canada while the other two are speed machines I'm missing

020090701B05.jpg

0201102-01.jpg

Last edited:
@Cano--Awhile back we talked about Yatming passing off licenses to Chinese companies to continue producing lesser quality product with the examaple being the New York Camaro we both posted. Here is another example. You've posted the original brown Caddie prior, but heres the 'evolution' side by side.

IMG_0678.jpg

Yeah, in my previous psot I put a bunch of Yatming rip-off cars I recently found.

Oh and where on earth did you find a white Lickety Six???? It definately came in gift pack only.

Read again, it was a Mexico only version, made here, and it only came in a 3 pack (which included a light blue Sunagon and... I don't remember what other car, all of them made in Mexico). We also had a made in Mexico blue version (which I have too), but the really difficult one is the white car.

The cars at the top of my go find list: The Flat out was only offered in Canada.

020090701B05.jpg

Dayum. I'm only missing that version to have the complete 442 spectrum... but it's difficult as heck.

The S2000 is quite common.

You got me with that NSX, '10 Camaro and G37 coupe AOS-. The '69 Camaro looks decent too.

@Cano-- I read the post. I know you're in Mexico and its Mexican made that version is rare no matter what country a buyers in.

Edit: I'm also looking for the red speed machines Poison Pinto

Went to the shops the other day and was so happy to score this...

98473442.jpg

My first super T hunt and on a long card too, really nice paintjob. :)

Robin.

SO LUCKY!:drool:
It's been almost a year since I've found anything, let alone a Super T-Hunt!

I was so happy when I found out my store receiced HW last monday! I looked for the 2 boxes and opened it up; It looks like the 2-pack Card from 2010. I knew it had to be thw older stuff, but thats exactly what I want, since stores only carry 2011 stuff now. Anyway, I saw a Porsche 911 GT2 (which I already have), Aston Martin DBS, Teal G37, and a Red Mazda Furai! I can't wait to crack em open once they get brought out!

All stores in my area seem to be a bit behind this year when it comes to getting new stuff.
I just stopped, because majority of stores I visit still have old stock. When they still have abundance of old inventory, they are less likely to reorder. Target is just annoying, because my local Target's, they barely have any Hot Wheels, but they won't re-stock either. :dopey:

I'm just gonna wait, as I'm sure I will start seeing bunch of new models eventually. Rare models like that Treasure Hunters, I gave up on. You can't compete with the scalpers & collectors. That's their life. I'd be happy to get 2~3 more Hakosuka Skylines though. I'm sure they'll be easy to find in another few weeks. I have another friend looking for it, too. :D

Back