1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,482 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Holy Crap Cano , Thats ALOT From E Bay , i need to put out ALL of my cars before my mom yells at me lol , and i need to post my dads collection

Damn, Cano. Great post! Love the Baja Bugs and the cars with real riders. And the Z with the open hood. You already know I love those 90's cars. :D Very awesome.

And wow that city with the cars is definitely something I would've loved to have seen as a kid. Nice touch with the trains, too.

All kinds of vehicles there Cano, great.
And the metropolis video was amazing. When the cars stoped it felt as if a real city stoped working, a nice moment of silence.

AOS-
2010 Dirt Track Race 5-Pk is the only one I've ever seen IRL, but I didn't want to spend 9$ just for that one car. :grumpy:

but I DO want this one, ever so badly:

I WANT IT ALSO! World Rally Bule all the way!! But I don't buy the 5-pack that much, only if they got cars that I really like/want for my collection.
And I agree with you on spending $5-$9 dollars on a 5 car pack for only one or two good cars that you may regret either getting and get rid of the other, then later you find the same car WITH the same color/decals in the single car pack, or not getting the pack and later not finding it. Is one of those win-lose situations. :grumpy:

And by the way, here's my collection of Hot Wheels, Matchbox and a few other companies included.

Tuners/Japanese/JDM

Nissan Skyline GTR R34
Nissan Skyline GTR R32
Nissan GTR R35
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Subaru Impreza WRX STi rally cars
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII rally
Honda NSX
Honda Civic Si
Mazda RX-7
Toyota Supra (miss my supra) :(
Toyota MR2 (miss all three) :(
Nissan 300ZX ( same as the other two) :(
Mitsubishi Esclipse

Muscle/US/Aussie

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 C6
Chevy Corvette C6
Chevy Corvette C5 coupe & convertible
Shelby GT500(new model)
Dodge Viper GTS
Dodge Viper SRT10 coupe
Dodge Viper ACR
Ford Mustang GT '05
Ford Mustang GT '10
Dodge Challenger Concept
Dodge Challenger SRT8
Dodge Challenger RT '70
Plymouth Superbird '70
Plymouth 'Cuda '70
Dodge Charger RT '69
Ford GT
Chevy Camaro Concept
Chevy Camaro Concept Convertible
Shelby Cobra 427 SC '66
Saleen S7
Ford Sierra (miss that car) :(
Dodge Viper RT/10
Ford GT40 (gone aswell) :(
Ford Mustang 302 BOSS '70
Dodge Charger SRT8
Dodge Charger RT
Chevy Camaro SS '69 Convertible
Chevy Chevelle 454 SS '70 (same with GT40) :(

Euros/Supercars/Racecars

Lamborgini Murcielago
Ferarri F430 Spider
Ferarri F50 (miss this great car) :(
Ferarri F40 (lost him) :(
Ferarri FXX
Lamborgini Diablo (lost him) :(
Bugatti Veryon
Audi R8
Porsche 911 GT3 997
Porsche Carerra GT
Mercedes SL55
Mercedes CLK GTR
Lotus Elise
Lotus Esprit
BMW Z8
Audi TT
Volkswagen Golf GTi MKV
Audi RS6 Avant
Porsche 911 Carerra Cabriolet 996
Porsche 911 Turbo 996
Porsche 911 GT1
Jaguar XJ220
Ferarri 360 Spider
Mercedes CLK Cabriolet
Mercedes E Class
TVR Tuscan Speed 6
Jaguar XK
Jaguar XKR
Mercedes CLK DTM
Mercedes CLS55

I have a lot of cars that will make anyone :eek:, I truly miss the old ones I used to have and seeing everyone pictures with some of the cars I remember having really does bring great memories back! Thanks guys. :)👍

I would love to post pictures of all of my scales, but I don't know how to put them on here yet. Did anybody use flickr or photobucket to post theirs here? Thanks.

I would love to post pictures of all of my scales, but I don't know how to put them on here yet. Did anybody use flickr or photobucket to post theirs here? Thanks.

yeah, put them in Photobucket and be done with it.

I forgot to show you all people this, that also arrived from :e-bay, but on it’s own.

IMG_3721.jpg

It’s by CM’s in Japan, and very well achieved. Detailes like the opened eyes…
IMG_3723.jpg

Very accurate Campagnolos on rubber tires…
IMG_3724.jpg

And opening bonnet really make it cool.
IMG_3725.jpg

Engine could have been better, but for $6 shipped from Hong Kong directly at my doorstep, you can’t possibly go wrong. Got it for cheap, as normally these things are in excess of $15.

Nice Lambo.

I'll be going really, really early to the mall on Saturday, like 7:30 AM or something. I'll be cheering for my classmates in their basketball tournament held there. I'm also planning to grab a few cars off the toy store in that mall, gonna post pics of them once I got them.

Please hope that my 'mates will win too :lol:

I hate that the firewall at works blocks pics on this site. Although I should probably be working...I'll have to hac a look when I'm home this evening. I wonder if we ever bid on the same lots Cano. I'm buying 5-10 a week presently mostly 3-5 car lots, but singles if I'm missing them.

I wish it had different paint job, but only word I would use to describe that Miura would be "sweet". Six bucks. 👍

I WANT IT ALSO! World Rally Bule all the way!! But I don't buy the 5-pack that much, only if they got cars that I really like/want for my collection.
And I agree with you on spending $5-$9 dollars on a 5 car pack for only one or two good cars that you may regret either getting and get rid of the other, then later you find the same car WITH the same color/decals in the single car pack, or not getting the pack and later not finding it. Is one of those win-lose situations. :grumpy:

The first time I saw a Yur So Fast (or Yur Too Fast, whatever its called), it was only in the 15-pack sets, but I didn't know it was called that at the time.. I sort of wanted to buy the overpriced thing just to get that one car that reminded me so much of a Stirling Moss... but luckily for me, 2 weeks later I find a Yur Too Fast singles in a Toys R Us... Now I find the singles ALL the time...I now have the yellow/black, white/green, AND the green/black...

I hate that the firewall at works blocks pics on this site. Although I should probably be working...I'll have to hac a look when I'm home this evening. I wonder if we ever bid on the same lots Cano. I'm buying 5-10 a week presently mostly 3-5 car lots, but singles if I'm missing them.

Be sure to tell me what you think when you see them, becasue these lots came with some very good cars. They are all from a few months ago, and I usually try to buy lots of 20+ cars, if I buy smaller lots they need to be good cars, and they usually run higher in price. But I'd bet we've bid on the same lot at least once.

:) Birthday Boy gift. What did I tell you, Forstyboys? :sly:

p1020452t.jpg

Sorry it's blurry, the camera wouldn't work properly.

Be sure to tell me what you think when you see them, becasue these lots came with some very good cars. They are all from a few months ago, and I usually try to buy lots of 20+ cars, if I buy smaller lots they need to be good cars, and they usually run higher in price. But I'd bet we've bid on the same lot at least once.

Will do. I'm on vacation this weekend, but the resort/lodge has free wi-fi. I'll have a lot of time then.

AOS-
The first time I saw a Yur So Fast (or Yur Too Fast, whatever its called), it was only in the 15-pack sets, but I didn't know it was called that at the time.. I sort of wanted to buy the overpriced thing just to get that one car that reminded me so much of a Stirling Moss... but luckily for me, 2 weeks later I find a Yur Too Fast singles in a Toys R Us... Now I find the singles ALL the time...I now have the yellow/black, white/green, AND the green/black...

What's a Yur So Fast? Is it part of Hot Wheels or is it another model manufacturer that copies the HW shells for their cars?:confused: Because the Impreza that you posted has the look of the HW Impreza.

And are you in the US aswell? Because some of the cars posted here and their companies I have never heard before, and I have been to Toys R Us and the malls and never seen these scale model companies before. Thanks!

And thanks for the info for the photos situation Cano! And nice Lambo! :)👍

I am Going to Post my 200 + Collection Soon , And I have some Old HotWhells and Matchbox'es could anybody give me info on those ?

I am Going to Post my 200 + Collection Soon , And I have some Old HotWhells and Matchbox'es could anybody give me info on those ?

Well you would need to post the pictures first. ;)

And you will get info.

From Cano or diabolicwyvern, I'm not smart enough. :lol:

yeah, post them. I'll provide what I may know about them. Wyvern will talk when he sees them, too.

Are we both the most die-cast savvy members here? O_o

And about the Yur-so-fast or whatever it is called, I surprised myself when I picked it up. I didn't pay attention to it when I saw it portrayed in the poster, but having it my hands I can agree that it is a very interesting design. One of the few original HW designs that have managed to grab my eye in the last couple years.

:odd: His user title says "Banned" and he did have an avatar before, so...

Well, here's the stuff from eBay. Lovely 90's cars and some early 2000 cars. They're also my two favorite types of cars, classics and Europeans. Came out to a buck each. Enjoy!

I'll start with the blue cards. Unfortunate condition of the Corvette's card, but oh well. :)
IMG_2448.jpg

Two Final Run cars and some variations from different years.
IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

The Mercs!
IMG_2450.jpg

Bimmers, Jags, a Lotus, and a Peugeot.
IMG_2472.jpg

The customs are almost done. One needs some glue and some details, and the other needs some wheels. Will post them asap.

:odd: His user title says "Banned" and he did have an avatar before, so...

He got banned for being underage, so we won't be seing any images from him I'm afraid.

I need a BMW M1 and a BMW 8 series. They're the two BMW cars that I still want in small scale die cast form.

He got banned for being underage, so we won't be seing any images from him I'm afraid.

I need a BMW M1 and a BMW 8 series. They're the two BMW cars that I still want in small scale die cast form.

Damn, I really wanted to see what he had. :lol:

As for the BMW's, I hear you. The HW 850i is one of my favorite castings. And the hatch on the M1 opens!

You need an M1? I think I have doubles of both 473 cards. Do you care if its the BMW M1 version or could it be the 'Street beast' error?

The M1 is a decent casting, but the name I associate with the car will always be Wind splitter. (bottom row/middle car here)

IMG_0164.jpg

I started building a collection of Hotwheels and this is how it is so far.

Honda S2000
6013523336_18f4c3c941_z.jpg

Datsun 510
6013523450_64f3f7d0fc_z.jpg

Acura NSX
6013523526_8684346b06_z.jpg

Ferrari F333 SP
6013523592_6e93e371ee_z.jpg

Dodge Challenger
6012973837_7af7bbf52a_z.jpg

Ford GT
6013564706_63a84755ed_z.jpg

Renault Megane
6013523818_957785c8fb_z.jpg

BMW M3
6012974045_73150a3b8d_z.jpg

Dodge Charger
6012974141_738203c5ce_z.jpg

Lamborghini Diablo
6012974221_6936601b01_z.jpg

You need an M1? I think I have doubles of both 473 cards. Do you care if its the BMW M1 version or could it be the 'Street beast' error?

The M1 is a decent casting, but the name I associate with the car will always be Wind splitter.

Do you know why Mattel had three different names for this car? Or any other car with multiple names? I'm guessing for more appeal towards kids?

I started building a collection of Hotwheels and this is how it is so far.

Great starting cars!

The '70 Charger is one of my favorite castings of the year and I usually don't like muscle cars, so that's saying a lot. If it had a black interior I think it would be perfect.

Back