1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Its a Path Beater from the 1986 Real Riders Series

1986_2534.jpg
and the latest one was from the Hot Haulers 5-Pack in 2010
830px-IMG_6934.JPG

I remember I did a Show and Tell about my Majorette Truck set when I was in Kindergarten. First and Last time I ever took 1/64 cars out of my house. :lol:

FBD

Matchbox Porsche 935

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

Majorette Mercedes 190E 2.5

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

Hot Wheels Lotus Elise (2 Variations)

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

Hot Wheels Lotus Esprit

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

Majorette Lamborghini Countach

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

Subaru Impreza WRX STI

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Hot Wheels Ferrari F355 Challenge

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

BMW Z3

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

Hot Wheels 1980 Corvette

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

Porsche 911

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

Hot Wheels Lotus Project M250

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

Last edited:
It's a BMW Z3, unless BMW took over Nissan to make the mighty Fairlady Z's.

Had the gold Elise but lost it, also had the Impreza but somehow I messed up it's paintjob when I was a kid. I love your Lotus Esprit too.

I just came back from a friend's house. Went to paint some cars I recently popped open. Look for updates on several customs soon. A Brasilia amongst them.

Andd of the latest batch of shots, I'm fairly sure the Mercedes is Majorette, not Matchbox. Can I have better pictures of the blue Porsche? use the macro function in your camera to put the cars in focus, man.

Majorettes are pretty :yuck: because they use very thick metal to make them.

I'm like never going to finish painting these cars if I keep having work each day..

I just came back from a friend's house. Went to paint some cars I recently popped open. Look for updates on several customs soon. A Brasilia amongst them.

Andd of the latest batch of shots, I'm fairly sure the Mercedes is Majorette, not Matchbox. Can I have better pictures of the blue Porsche? use the macro function in your camera to put the cars in focus, man.

I did use Macro. :lol: I apologize, I was rather dizzy that day, couldn't hold the camera still. :P

And yes, it is Majorette, sorry for the inconvenience.

I love updates!

haha, your Supra is still on hold. Im trying to get a new head for my Dremel so it'll handle a bigger drill, because the rivvet of the 80s cars is quite bigger and quite stronger than the later cars, and I don't want to destroy the rivvet post.

also, I talked with my friend. They don't have any light blue paint, so I'll have to see where I can get some.

In the meanwhile, I can show you a bit of the stuff I did these days:

I had already showed you this WRX ricer from Muscle Machines; not my cup of tea, but their extreme detailing convinced me to keep it intact instead of canibalize it's wheels, the original purchase intention:
IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

Problem was, it lacked it's exhaust:
IMG_4518.jpg

So the other day I grabbed a pen, opened it, measured, then cut a piece of the ink tube with my cutter and coated it in Model Master's Chrome:
IMG_4519.jpg

It looked like this after a day of letting it sit so it'd be dry. See the jarred part over there? After that I let it sit for a day -_-
IMG_4520.jpg

And voilá!
IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

So, there goes, another quick fix and this car can now be considered part of my collection. I'll post pics of more quick fixes soon, as well as several wheel swaps I've been performing lately.

@AOS-: Have the Z33, but the Evo X is just :drool: And the 2010 Camaro too. I've seen a few Triumphs like that though, planning to grab one too. I also have that Challenger but it's purple. I wonder how rare is that orange variant.

I also have that Challenger but it's purple. I wonder how rare is that orange variant.

Not very, I have one too. That's all they do now days is release 4 different versions of the same car throughout the year, just by changing the colors. I don't necessarily agree with it though...

I didn't like the EVO all that much, mainly because of the flashy appearance... but since I was already picking up cars I don't like in particular, I may as well.

Some of you guys have such huge collections - Greycap, [...]
You ain't seen nothing yet!

Clicking the picture means you'll open a 8MB high resolution file. :P A couple of real gems there, in the '10 wall the Final Run Daytona and the TH Torino Talladega hold the crown while the '11 wall has quite a few THs on it, as the crown jewel a Super Treasure Hunt T-Bird. I had to check it about a dozenty times to believe it was real when I found it.

Nice collection, Greycap! The final run Dodge is sick.

Also, what kind of backboard are they being held up on? homemade?
I need something like that, and about that size too!

Very homemade indeed. 1200mm x 600mm x 30mm slabs of dense styrofoam board originally intended as house wall insulation, fabric stretched over them and attached with a lot of small needles on the back side. The same needles are also used for hanging the cars.

You know what would be cool? If we could "flip through pages" of cars one has collected, kind of like a scrapbook. It'd basically be a upscaled-size Binder :lol:

Very homemade indeed. 1200mm x 600mm x 30mm slabs of dense styrofoam board originally intended as house wall insulation, fabric stretched over them and attached with a lot of small needles on the back side. The same needles are also used for hanging the cars.

Awesome. I'm definitely stealing this idea. :lol:

You know what would be cool? If we could "flip through pages" of cars one has collected, kind of like a scrapbook. It'd basically be a upscaled-size Binder :lol:

Haha, I'd buy it.

eeeww, blistercards.

ok people, I’ll post some other recent and not so recent stuff, some of these pictures are months old, some are pretty recent, so just bear with me.

First, a months-old Picture of supermarket acquisitions, you can tell it’s old just looking at the cars. I don’t even have the TH anymore, I traded it.
IMG_3719.jpg

We then have this small bunch I traded a friend for other cars, these are almost 4 months old with me, since it was back when I went with him to paint the Alpine I restored.
IMG_3710.jpg

First we have the Mexico-made Omni 024, one of the toughest mexican cars to find. It’s decent, I can’t really complain, it’s a miracle that this thing surfaced. I’ve known guys who looked for this thing for more than ten years.
IMG_3711.jpg

The Mopar 5-pack Cuda. I’m missing only the blue GTX to complete it. No, I did not buy it.
IMG_3713.jpg

We then have this Siku trash truck, which is lacking a part of the box. I’ll see if I can adapt something there, because the car is in great shape and the casting is awesome.
IMG_3714.jpg

Then the Lesney combine harvester, replacing mine that didn’t have the rear mini wheels.
IMG_3716.jpg

More supermarket stuff, including the stupendous Matchbox cars, and some hard to find here colors.
IMG_4088.jpg

Then, on to some finds from several flea markets:
IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

From the first picture, the really hardcore piece is the made in Mexico white Lickety Six. For those that know this car (I’m guessing just Wyvern), you’ll remember that you everywhere else had it only in dark blue. We also had a blue version, but the white ome is extremely rare and Mexico-only, it only came in a 3-car gift pack and as such is extremely difficult to find. This car replaces mine, which was missing an axle.
IMG_4095.jpg

I didin’t have the cop car with 7 spokes, so welcome.
IMG_4097.jpg

I was unaware of this version of the Matchbox GMC school bus, it’s from an orphanage; did it come with a 5 pack or something like that?
IMG_4101.jpg

Relevant car from the second Picture is the fire department-liveried Ford Capri from Corgi, in almost new condition. A strong buy, cost me $8 but well worth it in this condition.
IMG_4089.jpg

The Matchbox lift is in absolutely mint condition, just missing it’s cargo box. I have one somewhere, I just have to find it and it will be complete.
IMG_4099.jpg

I was missing this Moon-sponsored Lakester, wish it had another wheels.
IMG_4106.jpg

Then we have the no-name cars. These used to be sold in public markets all over Mexico when I was a little brat and had a few myself; imagine my surprise when, at the usual flea market, a guy had two sealed boxes full of these.

These are rip-offs of castings from renowned makes; this Camaro, for example, is a Yatming rip off.
IMG_4107.jpg

This one is a rip-off of the Tomica Porsche 935, they even share the same construction process with the wing bein’ a separate piece. This one looks really close to the original, which I also have but it’s in some box who knows where, if it was at hand I’d take pics of both.
IMG_4109.jpg

This Trans A mis a knock-off the Tomica casting, it’s still pretty well executed and the tampo is good quality, so no one’s complaining.
IMG_4111.jpg

And finally this horrible horrible thing. Do anyone know what’s the name of this Hot Wheels? I can’t for the life of me remember.
IMG_4091.jpg

Another cool thing is this approximately 1:43-scale 280Z by Shinsei, which runs on pull-back power. It’s extremely well made, with all opening features, separate interior and engine pieces, and some very cool wheels.
IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

And here we have yet another supermarket batch, but in here we also have other Chinese, no-name cars that are rip-offs of other makes (The red Vette and Trans Am, both Yatming rip-offs), and the yellow horrid thing… but what the heck.
IMG_4500.jpg

Latest Posts

Back