Not open for further replies.
ANK
Old Muscle Car Competition

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
stage 1 tune
s2 tyres
5 ballast
Gear Ratio 4
They are also winnable in the '54 Vette with racing exhaust and chip instead of stage 1 and ballast. I also used LSD, triple clutch, tranny for 200 pts.

jdw,
Seoul only took one attempt to realize the Concept is without a doubt impossible. I qualified 1st by a .XXX margin. I held the lead blocking the GTR concept for one lap then he gained 4 seconds on the next lap before I exited. Pretty much the same for Hong Kong. So maybe the Alteeza!!

JParker[/QUOTE]

Dream Car Championship

Line up number 8
Nissan Fairlady Z concept LM race car
Ford GT LM race car
Mitsubishi FTO super touring car
Mazda RX8 concept LM race car
Pagani Zonda LM race car

ASL Arta Garaiya (JGTC) with stage 4 turbo for 200pts
143 ballast

ANK
Dream Car Championship

Line up number 8
Nissan Fairlady Z concept LM race car
Ford GT LM race car
Mitsubishi FTO super touring car
Mazda RX8 concept LM race car
Pagani Zonda LM race car

ASL Arta Garaiya (JGTC) with stage 4 turbo for 200pts
143 ballast
Thanks for the suggestion ANK. Although, I do not have the ASL, I believe the Wedsport Celica is in the same power and weight catagory as the ASL.

Stumbled on one today as I was playing around. The Delorean fully maxed out, with racing mediums and a wing gets 200 in the American Cup series. I got a pretty good line up (Corvette C5R was the best competition) but it ended up pretty easy (a lot easier than the 200 I got with the Mustang). Oh, and I tried it once with the Chapperal 2J in the lineup and he ran away from me so get a lineup without it.

Cosmic
Anyway... does anyone know a 200pts race for the 'Old Muscle car competiton' in the American hall?

And another vote for the '54 Vette. NA1 + S3s against the lineup I had. I'm ashamed to say I had to use Nitrous for NY :guilty:

But, while I'm at... I took the Stock '63 Vette and beat a Buick Special (starting 4th) into Infineon and Seattle for 166p wins. That was FUN!

Yes... I know it's not 200. But in the relentless pursuit of 200p races and the unsavory means I find myself winning those races (nitrous, nitrous, nitrous), I like to do at least a stock run to umm... cleanse my soul? :lol: :D

ANK
New entry

Saleen s7 club

saleen s7 with 4000 miles on clock 200pts

N1 tyres on front N3 tyres on rear
200 ballast in rear

You managed to win all 5??? :bowdown:

I played around with the S7 races a little bit (testing tires at Infineon). I could handle N3s and 200kg without too much problem but N2s on the front threw everything off for me. With a lot of practice... maybe. I couldn't seem to make use of the nitrous either. But N1s? :ouch: :ill:

Does putting the weight in back make all the difference?

Yes, yes, I'm being lame and posting a 3rd in a row...

Moloch_horridus
On a side note - I have become a NOS junkie - and all from one taste I feel dirty and ashamed. I think we need to form some sort of support group (NA - Nitrous Anonomous?) to help people recover from their problem. Suggestions for step 1 anyone?

I'd have to join. I hate it. I was doing a really good job of avoiding nitrous until I hit the manufacturer races. Used it maybe dozen times (Japan 70s, World Classic little Sunday Cup and Lightweight K), . But NOW, it seems like I have to use it every other race. I've been able to win some N tire races without nitrous but not many. My proudest moment was beating 3 Europas at El Cap with the Elan on N1/N3 tires and 200kg ballast!

Ok, so that's... one... :ouch:

One thing I like to do is to try to beat it with a bone stock version of the same car I'm adding ballast, N tires and nitrous to. It helps indicate just how hard it's going to be and helps alleviate some of the guilt. :guilty:

I tried to find ANK's lineup for the Classic Car Series using an S600. Nothing like it appeared.

It would seem that the lineup cycle is different for each individual (at least for PAL - I seriously hope that the next GT is consistent between reqions - I am getting sick of having to qualify all my statements).

I did find one lineup that included the Elan which promptly proceded to kick my butt - I hate to think what it would do at the 'ring.

jdw
You managed to win all 5??? :bowdown:

I played around with the S7 races a little bit (testing tires at Infineon). I could handle N3s and 200kg without too much problem but N2s on the front threw everything off for me. With a lot of practice... maybe. I couldn't seem to make use of the nitrous either. But N1s? :ouch: :ill:

Does putting the weight in back make all the difference?

Yes i won all 5 races putting the weight in the rear seemed to give better acceleration (less wheel spin).
On Infineon i had to wall ride around the last hairpin which is where i was making up most of my time.
Suzuka and Infineon took quite a few attempts but the other 3 races did not seem that bad.

Tried to do Audi Tourist Trophy last night the only car that seemed to offer 200pts was a used Audi 1800 on N1 tyres.
I won the first race but the car just will not get round corners anybody got any tips on altering steering as i am quite useless at it.

ANK
Tried to do Audi Tourist Trophy last night the only car that seemed to offer 200pts was a used Audi 1800 on N1 tyres.
I won the first race but the car just will not get round corners anybody got any tips on altering steering as i am quite useless at it.

Hmmm...don't have any settings for the Audi, but I did win all three races with that very same car, so It can be done.

Good job on the Saleen btw, I only got 191 on N1's, but I don't think I'll be bothered to run 4000 miles for those extra 50 points. That is unless you beat my score.......in which case I'll have to go back and get some more won't I! :crazy:

Good score you've got there - you're on for being third in to the 100000 club. Just don't beat me alright! 👍 👍

route_66
Hmmm...don't have any settings for the Audi, but I did win all three races with that very same car, so It can be done.

Good job on the Saleen btw, I only got 191 on N1's, but I don't think I'll be bothered to run 4000 miles for those extra 50 points. That is unless you beat my score.......in which case I'll have to go back and get some more won't I! :crazy:

Good score you've got there - you're on for being third in to the 100000 club. Just don't beat me alright! 👍 👍

I am trying to get as close as possible but i think your record is safe.
I will be happy getting to 100,000 mark.

jdw
And another vote for the '54 Vette. NA1 + S3s against the lineup I had. I'm ashamed to say I had to use Nitrous for NY :guilty:

:D
The lineup I had at NY with the '54 Vette also included the Buick. It was the toughest of them all. My Vette had tranny, clutch, LSD, stage 1, S2's. I took the lead on the first lap at the carousel. Then I played blocker down the straight. Throught he right, left, right, I could gain maybe 2 seconds to loose it on the straight again and block down the straight. It was a nerve wracking race to say the least.

Moloch_horridus
I tried to find ANK's lineup for the Classic Car Series using an S600. Nothing like it appeared.
I am playing the NTSC (U.S..) Version: Professional Events ~ World Classic Car Series
Honda S600 @ 75HP (Oil Change + Racing Exhaust + Racing Chip + Stage 1 NA Tuning) with S1 Front / S3 Rear + All other parts available + Nitrous

The 5th (fifth) lineup after a reset includes the Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto, Toyota 2000 GT, Ginetta G4, Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2)'63, and the Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe.

If you enter the Championship series and select the 5th lineup, the Corvette will most likely be starting in 2nd place, and this makes it tougher, unless you take the time to qualify first with a beefed up version of your car. If you enter the races individually, the Corvette will probably start off in fourth place.

With the Honda S600 suspension, transmission, etc. properly setup to your driving style, you should be able to win 200 A-Spec Points against this lineup at Fuji, El Capitan, Cote de Azur, and Laguna Seca. I have only managed to win 152 points at the Nurburgring, and that was with my car at 91 HP (Stage 3 NA Tuning and no oil change) and an S2/S2 tire combination.

I actually did this the first time I went through the entire series and I hadn't bothered to really beef up my car or take it in for an oil change. It took several tries, lots of lawn mowing, wall riding, blocking, and frugal use of nitrous at 60%, but I was able to be ahead of the Corvette entering the long final stretch, draft him after he passed me, and then I used the last remaining fumes of nitrous to block/beat him to the finish line by 0.217 seconds. I did not want to give up my 100% win ratio and it took all of my devious (dubious?) skill to pull off this win.

I was stupid enough to take my M3 Touring Car (win it from Schwarzvald Liga A) onto Tsukuba Wet under Hard difficutly (5 laps) without saving after getting my IA licence. And much to my distress, I found I'd been paired agaisnt the Sauber C9 Mercedes ... I won it - just - after some very dirty driving, which usually involved nudging him off at the second hairpin, racing away to beat the 5 second penalty, then moving to the centre of the track at the next corner (the Dunlop Bridge) so that he'd go around me to take the proper racing line. Just as he drew alongside me, I'd give him a friendly nudge towards the outside of the track, hard enough to squeeze him into the barriers, but soft enough to avoid a penalty. Then, once he'd recovered and caught up, using the look-back function to block him all the way around the track to the second hairpin again. Rinse, wash, repeat. By the fifth lap I knew I couldn't be able to hold him off much longer (he seemed to have learned how to feint), and missed him at the Dunlop Bridge, but forced him to take a bad line, so I managed to catch him up while he was correcting from a half-spin. Then, I carelessly punted him out at the bottom hairpin, thinking that if he caught me up it wouldn't matter too much because there was no way I'd be able to live with myself for having cheated so much. Somehow, he got tangled up in a bad spin and only managed to get going again once I'd gotten to the long last corner. The Sauber is so fast though that it didn't matter, and there was only half a second in it at the end.

But I felt so guilty at having won through such questionable tactics that I sold the prize car, bought a clapped-out MG and tooled it up so that I'd spent all the prize money and the funds from the reward car, then sold the thing for under two thousand credits, before erasing the 'win' from the wet track race.

Normally, I would have turned the power off and re-started, but I didn't want to lose my game save and IA Licence, which included three first-time golds from the El Capitan and Fuji Lap Guides and the utterly insane final test at La Sarthe.

Do you race?
But I felt so guilty at having won through such questionable tactics that I sold the prize car, bought a clapped-out MG and tooled it up so that I'd spent all the prize money and the funds from the reward car, then sold the thing for under two thousand credits, before erasing the 'win' from the wet track race.

Normally, I would have turned the power off and re-started, but I didn't want to lose my game save and IA Licence, which included three first-time golds from the El Capitan and Fuji Lap Guides and the utterly insane final test at La Sarthe.

Do not feel guilty if you are going for max points you are going to need some very questionable tactics in a lot of races.

ANK
Do not feel guilty if you are going for max points you are going to need some very questionable tactics in a lot of races.
Hey, in the Boxer Spirit races at Hong Kong and Infineon I racked up 150+ points for eachr ace without dirty driving.

ANK

No kidding. You can do most of the races pretty cleanly but...

Now that I'm getting into the manufacturer races it's getting worse. You mentioned wall-riding for the S7 at Infineon. Yeah, I remember two that I have to wall ride in order to get max points. Crossfire at Super Speedway and MGF at Driving Park :yuck:

So ashamed :guilty: but... must... get... points! :lol:

jdw
No kidding. You can do most of the races pretty cleanly but...

Now that I'm getting into the manufacturer races it's getting worse. You mentioned wall-riding for the S7 at Infineon. Yeah, I remember two that I have to wall ride in order to get max points. Crossfire at Super Speedway and MGF at Driving Park :yuck:

So ashamed :guilty: but... must... get... points! :lol:

Most of the event halls i have done fairly clean but in the manufacturers races alot do not seem possible without a little nudge here or a wallride there now and again.

ANK
Most of the event halls i have done fairly clean but in the manufacturers races alot do not seem possible without a little nudge here or a wallride there now and again.
I don't know about The Pass @ Trial Mountain. Couldn't get the angle to pass him right and ended up hitting him. But other than these two incidents, I race pretty cleanly. You should see my brother in Arcade: "What's the brake? The other cars do the same job just as well!", which has forced me to use the Forced Pit penalty (which is annoying, especially when you get penalised for having a car hit you) ...

i did the japan gt championship or something (5 races against nsx-r skylines etc.) with a s2k with only small modifications (clutch flywheel etc), and i can keep up with the nsx-r, but if he gets out of my sight he goes +- 5 seconds a lap quicker than me, I won the first 3 races but lost the last two (don't like suzuka and el capitain) and lost the championship by one point :grumpy:.
it seems to me if you make good use off the catchup in gt4 (staying close to the cars that are faster than you) 200 point races are not to hard.
though if you are on the nurburgring with an m3gtr race car 200 point races are easy.

S2kdrifter
though if you are on the nurburgring with an m3gtr race car 200 point races are easy.

Not when you are trying to out-run a Mercedes SLR... I've yet to find anything I can win in that gives more than 10pts. I've tried different line-ups - no luck. I'm not the best 'Ring driver there is, but it's not like I go off every other corner (once/twice a lap at most).

Now I'm really frustrated. Club Z races, under Nissan Events. OMFG!!! First up: tru a 70's 240Z that you win from the Japanese 70's races - pulls 150-odd around El Capitan, but gets trounced everywhere else - I have 300ZXs and 350Zs running off into the distance - +8secs on first lap alone.

Take 4: try a later model - '83 300ZX. Even worse.

Numerous line-up/settings combinations later: give up and try a stock 350Z with 200kg ballast and N1/N3 tyres. 56pts? Not even a chance. What in the hell must I do to even scrap any form of points out of these races?? The 90's cars beat the hell out of me - but if I drive one I get virtually no points, or in a set-up that yields a few - get beaten. I need more than a miracle... El Capitan is fine, since the AI can be easily out-driven. But around Grand Valley/Laguna - no hope. I can't imagine the mind-boggling difficulty of 200pts around New York.

Unless of course I am a) missing a decent car to use b) can't drive for ****. I'm not perfect but its not like I fall off the track often, and through slow corners I can beat the AI. Fast corners are really starting to annoy me, since if I try to do go at any reasonable speed I end up understeering into a graveltrap. Anything less is too slow. I'm rather fed-up of this "too-slow (hard-braking) or real-slow (trip across gravel)".

Suggestions, anyone??

RenesisEvo
Now I'm really frustrated. Club Z races, under Nissan Events. OMFG!!! First up: tru a 70's 240Z that you win from the Japanese 70's races - pulls 150-odd around El Capitan, but gets trounced everywhere else - I have 300ZXs and 350Zs running off into the distance - +8secs on first lap alone.

Take 4: try a later model - '83 300ZX. Even worse.

Numerous line-up/settings combinations later: give up and try a stock 350Z with 200kg ballast and N1/N3 tyres. 56pts? Not even a chance. What in the hell must I do to even scrap any form of points out of these races?? The 90's cars beat the hell out of me - but if I drive one I get virtually no points, or in a set-up that yields a few - get beaten. I need more than a miracle... El Capitan is fine, since the AI can be easily out-driven. But around Grand Valley/Laguna - no hope. I can't imagine the mind-boggling difficulty of 200pts around New York.

Unless of course I am a) missing a decent car to use b) can't drive for ****. I'm not perfect but its not like I fall off the track often, and through slow corners I can beat the AI. Fast corners are really starting to annoy me, since if I try to do go at any reasonable speed I end up understeering into a graveltrap. Anything less is too slow. I'm rather fed-up of this "too-slow (hard-braking) or real-slow (trip across gravel)".

Suggestions, anyone??

'89 300ZX might work, it's a fat bugger - use bad (N2 at best) tyres and used oil.
I found the '83 300ZX to be perfectly capable after an oil change - if it comes down to it, find a lineup with the 240 or 280 at the front and rag the nitro. Nitro is an unfortuneate essential at New York (you might need N1's to counter extra power, chip or muffler, to get the needed straight line speed). Or maybe tune the 240Z up (Stage 2???) That's quite a nice handling beast.

RenesisEvo

Suggestions, anyone??

Won all 5 races using.
Used Nissan Fairlady 2000(SR311) 68 with no oil change
S1 tyres on front S3 tyres on rear
200 ballast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back