2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
It was Dysons poor choice in engine supplier, and Chris Dyson himself, Guy Smith did rather well in it,

It was Dysons poor choice in engine supplier, and Chris Dyson himself, Guy Smith did rather well in it,
If I remember correctly, Dyson owned the company that made their engines.

Truthfully, we all knew less cars were coming because of the massive budget increases that have come and the quickly changing regulations. I would like to see a more stable series in 2017. Teams need rule stability and reduction in cost

Truthfully, we all knew less cars were coming because of the massive budget increases that have come and the quickly changing regulations. I would like to see a more stable series in 2017. Teams need rule stability and reduction in cost

Exactly, also a competitive level playing field too, once things do stabilize it needs at least 5 years without a major change to sustain it

Exactly, also a competitive level playing field too, once things do stabilize it needs at least 5 years without a major change to sustain it
That's exactly what's needed. The series needs to make sure it has a firm and level rules package that doesn't break the bank. That will keep a healthy grid and plenty of good racing

Once the regs changed, that's when Dyson went to hell. The one thing that sorta annoyed me about Dyson Racing was how seemingly stubborn they were to change their ways. When they got the RS Spyder, they refused to run it as Porsche instructed them to and unsurprisingly, they sucked. Pickett racing buys one of the former Dyson cars, runs exactly as instructed and boom, they are competitive. I honestly feel like if they would have changed the way they ran things, they would be relevant. In 2009, I was absolutely convinced that Dyson wasn't going to win the LMP2 championship simply because:

- Unproven engine combination up against the tried and true ARX-01 (that and the magic that was Adrian Fernandez).

- The Traditional Dyson bad luck (blowing up, slowing down etc)

- Inability to change

And what happened? Well, ask history that. We're in a era where you can't "Dysonize" cars anymore, everything works a certain way and will only work when they are run that way. If they do run Bentleys, I hope don't do that with them.

Was Dyson even still a legit team? Their LMP1 had the reliability of the Delta wing if not worse. I didn't think they were any good for a while. I do have a hunch they'll bring some Bentley's to the Rolex 24 next year with full GT3 regs in GTD
So what exactly is the criteria for your carefully worded previous question? Does a "good team" have to have the hottest PR girl, low priced swag, funniest social media,or lots of hardware in the team lobby?

Yes http://www.dysonracing.com/company/news/article.php?news_id=1183 http://www.aerltd.com/

So what exactly is the criteria for your carefully worded previous question? Does a "good team" have to have the hottest PR girl, low priced swag, funniest social media,or lots of hardware in the team lobby?
The team has to have success on track against actual competition and that doesn't include success back in the mid 90s. Finishing 3rd of 3 and not finishing half the season doesn't say 🤬 That's the same reason why I don't think ESM or the former MMPR were any good either.

A good team in motorsport is a team that can turn up to a series or championship and has the right structure to work from that immediately has them knocking on the top 5 door,

The team has to have success on track against actual competition and that doesn't include success back in the mid 90s. Finishing 3rd of 3 and not finishing half the season doesn't say 🤬 That's the same reason why I don't think ESM or the former MMPR were any good either.
Ignoring your contempt for all things ALMS what defines "actual competition"?

Ignoring your contempt for all things ALMS what defines "actual competition"?
Actual competition is where the team has to work for success. Essentially being able to finish well among plenty of teams. Personally, I'd say at least 6 or 7 privateer teams for privateer classes or at least 3 factory teams in classes that have full works factory teams.

And when Dyson had a Daytona Prototype team in grand am, they sucked. MMPR had one too I think, but they never did anything if they ever got to the track

So going off that, MMPR did actually do that. Granted Rebellion basically handed it to them when they suddenly decided to bail on the one series where they could win overall, but they did (unlike ESM or Dyson).

And when Dyson had a Daytona Prototype team in grand am, they sucked. MMPR had one too I think, but they never did anything if they ever got to the track

Think that car was only in the 25 Hours of Thunder hill and not in any actual Grand Am race. Maybe you're thinking of a team that was sponsored by Muscle Milk.

Actual competition is where the team has to work for success. Essentially being able to finish well among plenty of teams. Personally, I'd say at least 6 or 7 privateer teams for privateer classes or at least 3 factory teams in classes that have full works factory teams.

Dyson Racing was one of the founding teams of the Rolex Sports Car Series, winning sixteen races and two drivers' and two team championships from 2000 through 2002.

http://www.dysonracing.com/team/team_history_ga.php

So going off that, MMPR did actually do that. Granted Rebellion basically handed it to them when they suddenly decided to bail on the one series where they could win overall, but they did (unlike ESM or Dyson).

I do think MMPR was certainly the best of those 3, and the results show.

Think that car was only in the 25 Hours of Thunder hill and not in any actual Grand Am race. Maybe you're thinking of a team that was sponsored by Muscle Milk.
You're thinking of the Godstone ranch sponsored Ford Lola that was run by Dyson at Miller Park back in 2009.

In 2004, 2005, or 2006, Dyson ran a full season Crawford which podiumed once I believe at Long Beach. They had a bunch of DNFs and poor results

Dyson Racing was one of the founding teams of the Rolex Sports Car Series, winning sixteen races and two drivers' and two team championships from 2000 through 2002.

http://www.dysonracing.com/team/team_history_ga.php
To bad the DP didn't race until 2003 :rolleyes:

That was back when grand am had ALMS 2013 season car counts too...

re-size_muscle_milk_daytona.jpg

Closest thing I can find and I'm not quite sure that's the Pickett Racing car in Grand-Am.

To bad the DP didn't race until 2003 :rolleyes:

That was back when grand am had ALMS 2013 season car counts too...
True about the DP,they were off winning a LMP2 class championship in 2003.

In 2000 they avg. around 10 cars in the SP class. After Daytona the SRP class went from 16 to 5-6 car avg.

re-size_muscle_milk_daytona.jpg

Closest thing I can find and I'm not quite sure that's the Pickett Racing car in Grand-Am.
I don't think that they raced in a grand am race, but that's their car. Here's the Dyson DP

news_daytona_05_1.jpg

True about the DP,they were off winning a LMP2 class championship in 2003.

In 2000 they avg. around 10 cars in the SP class. After Daytona the SRP class went from 16 to 5-6 car avg.
There was a time where Dyson was a very good team. In the SRP days, Dyson was one of the best; however, they have not been one of the best in quite a while at least to me. Mid 2000s were the last time I considered them a good prototype team. Of course, they're a very good GT3 team with Bentley backing now

Wanted this from the beginning. It gives more strategy to the teams, plus you could have reason to double stint tires now. Besides look at the BMW pit stop. Sure that was a bit of a screw up by the driver, but none the less, it's safer to have the car off whilst the crew works on the car. Not to mention the whole seat belt issue, which in FIA races isn't such an issue as they use these pitstops. IMSA PLEASE DO THIS.

Plus they do it at Le Mans.

Last edited:
Hasn't this been done for years and no one complained about it?

Also, Holy crap

These are qualifying results, but whats interesting is that for the first time in a long while, we had driver line-ups of 5 :eek:

I'd never thought I'd see those again.

yes, I drove the start and a double stint so from 2 10pm to 4 30pm local time.

Soon I'll be able to officially announce my plans for this season, which should be quite good again :D
Here is a short race report found on Twitter.

And good luck with your plans for this season, Chris!

DHH is a rich am driver who doesn't even race in the series, but he obviously knows more than everyone else...oh well, he only crashed his car twice during the race and ruined their reverse gear ending their race. He's gotta get his ego back somehow

start the video at the 1:00.10 mark

ACO pit regs. Dalziel isn't in the car properly with extra time. Not the solution.

Plus, teams expect drivers to be in and out of the car in 25 seconds which is about the regular amount of time the car is stopped in the first place.

I do think the cars should be shut off when they're stopped. That could pose a significant danger to a tire changer's arms and hands.

In the end, these guys are professionals. In the profession of race driver, there is a certain danger involved. That's why there are pit road speed limits and hans devices. Accidents do happen on pit road, but I have never ever heard of a driver get seriously injured or die because of a pit road crash where the driver wasn't fully strapped in. The Petit crash was mostly the spotter's fault for not telling the drivers that pit out is closed. BTW none of the drivers were hurt

If I was an am gentleman driver with a family at home, I would make sure I was strapped in tight before I left. If I was a pro, I'd risk it every time because it's my job to be the fastest.

In V8SC, they have restricted the fuel flow rate to 13 liters per second, but they do have 100 liter tanks, the penalties for having the wheels spin while the cars are up on the jacks are quite extreme, if the teams believe that there is a influence outside of their control they have to notify the stewards prior to the stop,

Back