2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Laguna Seca is exactly the kind of track that favors the more nimble LMP2 cars. If they can outrun much more powerful P1 cars, then they can make up a lot of time against the torque-y DPs.

Laguna Seca is exactly the kind of track that favors the more nimble LMP2 cars. If they can outrun much more powerful P1 cars, then they can make up a lot of time against the torque-y DPs.
It'll depend on if there are early cautions. If Ozz can get in the car, MSR should win by a mile. If there aren't any cautions, Pew probably won't be able to keep that car in contention. Plus, the LMP2 cars aren't exactly the most reliable.

Have Brumos left altogether or just this race? The Turner boys still finished Sebring knowing they couldn't win before they got to the circuit,
AXR is a group of former Brumos investors. Brumos as a team hasn't competed since 2013 at Barber. Snow/Wright ran Brumos colors this season but for some reason they aren't at Laguna. It seems like the classic lack of funding, but we're going to blame BoP situation. Porsche is strong right now

AXR is a group of former Brumos investors. Brumos as a team hasn't competed since 2013 at Barber. Snow/Wright ran Brumos colors this season but for some reason they aren't at Laguna. It seems like the classic lack of funding, but we're going to blame BoP situation. Porsche is strong right now

The Brumos Porsche Dp was my favourite, it won the first D24 I watched, shame to see them go,

It'll depend on if there are early cautions. If Ozz can get in the car, MSR should win by a mile. If there aren't any cautions, Pew probably won't be able to keep that car in contention. Plus, the LMP2 cars aren't exactly the most reliable.

The Ligier is pretty reliable in every single package it runs, just has been unlucky.

Have Brumos left altogether or just this race? The Turner boys still finished Sebring knowing they couldn't win before they got to the circuit,

Last I read, it was just this race (which is odd since porsches dominated qualifying despite the supposed unfair BOP).

LOL 1 of the Corvette GTLM cars just hit a loose tire from the sister car

Edit: lets see if the penalty is the same as in the WEC at Spa yesterday

Could be worse. PWC averages less than 15 minutes of green in a 50 minute race
What's unfortunate is most of these safety car deployments are not necessary, I watched the WEC race at Spa and Silverstone and they could use local yellows and a new "FYC" that allows for the cars to stay at 79 kilometers per hour without bunching them together, they were able to clear a car that crashed into a run off area in less than 8 minutes (back to green) but it took 17 minutes of safety car in the 12 hours of Sebring to remove a stalled car on the front stretch.
IMSA and the PWC should really look into local yellows and also allow the marshals to attend to a car, as well as using the FYC system where there is a big crash or marshals on the side of the track at full speed would be dangerous.

What's unfortunate is most of these safety car deployments are not necessary, I watched the WEC race at Spa and Silverstone and they could use local yellows and a new "FYC" that allows for the cars to stay at 79 kilometers per hour without bunching them together, they were able to clear a car that crashed into a run off area in less than 8 minutes (back to green) but it took 17 minutes of safety car in the 12 hours of Sebring to remove a stalled car on the front stretch.

This is true but TUSCC is owned and run by the same people that own NASCAR so they love to go safety car at any opportunity

This is true but TUSCC is owned and run by the same people that own NASCAR so they love to go safety car at any opportunity
I'd argue that they are on a better safe than sorry approach whereas the WEC is green at all costs. I like the WEC system better, but safety is a big deal so I'm fine with some extra FCY for safety

edit: Go Westbrook!

Last edited:
I'd argue that they are on a better safe than sorry approach whereas the WEC is green at all costs. I like the WEC system better, but safety is a big deal so I'm fine with some extra FCY for safety

edit: Go Westbrook!

I cam see your view but sometimes it just seems they go under safety car when there is no danger like when a car has broken down and pulled off the track into a safe position, especially at the end of races like the phantom debris cautions in NASCAR

I cam see your view but sometimes it just seems they go under safety car when there is no danger like when a car has broken down and pulled off the track into a safe position, especially at the end of races like the phantom debris cautions in NASCAR
I'm all for more green flag racing, but the Jules Bianchi incident is proof of how more FCY or at least a section of track kept at slow speed until the trouble spots are cleared is necessary.

Also seeing a tweet from Shank saying that their car is hurt from contact with the 31. If it's the contact on the restart that damaged it, that's a shame. Wasn't even that hard of a hit. Those LMP2 need to be built tougher. Too much contact here to have a car that sensitive. It wasn't even that dirty of a move. Cameron just ran out of race track on colder tires.

Like WEC.
For minor incidents, I like the WEC system as I said earlier. Anything major and a FCY is necessary. In today's race, I would've gone with a Code 60 system. Only problem with the Code 60 is that it leaves a lot gray area in terms of where the areas start and finish as well as policing drivers who overtake or speed through the Code 60 areas.

Not really, it starts at a marshal post before the incident, and ends at a marshal post after it.
Obviously for a single, isolated problem i.e. car in the gravel in turn 5, it's cut and dry. Code 60 works best as you say, but for a situation where there's a car off in 5, debris in 2, 3, and the run up to turn 6, it's better to go FCY and clean everything up. Every caution is unique. Hard to have a one size fits all system.

Back