2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Exactly. 99% of American tracks are HORRIBLY outdated and stuck with ridiculous NASCAR pitlanes which are useless for endurance racing. Have to take the bloody car all the way to the infield instead of rolling it into the garage. COTA is the only American track that is modern and that's kinda sad. But then again most track owners probably don't have the money to upgrade so...

That's because COTA was built specifically to the FIA's Specifications for a F1 race so of course its "Modern".

Also, a lot of American Circuits were not made with Pit Garages in mind and there is no way in hell you can suddenly make them F1 like just by throwing garages on pit road instead of Pit wall without having to completely alter the paddock.

That's because COTA was built specifically to the FIA's Specifications for a F1 race so of course its "Modern".

Also, a lot of American Circuits were not made with Pit Garages in mind and there is no way in hell you can suddenly make them F1 like just by throwing garages on pit road instead of Pit wall without having to completely alter the paddock.
That's why I SAID that the only reason most haven't upgraded is because they have NO MONEY. ;)

I was going to write a logical response, but there's no point responding to silliness like this is there?

@RACECAR very good point on the FIA grading 👍
From talking to people who are competitors in the series, that's the answer I've gotten. But what do I know.

Also, allowing a different tire for the LMP guys would create yet another BoP nightmare and you guys would all bitch until the cows came home. Same with the pit stop procedure. BoP **** storm

The hard facts are that everything that's being talked about isn't going to change

Also, allowing a different tire for the LMP guys would create yet another BoP nightmare and you guys would all bitch until the cows came home. Same with the pit stop procedure. BoP **** storm

Sorry pit stops impact BoP? :lol:

The hard facts are that everything I talk about and isn't going to change
Fixed.

Sorry pit stops impact BoP? :lol:
The Daytona Prototype wears out tires much much faster than the LMP making double stinting a clear advantage to that particular type of chassis. In a 24 hour race (this is assuming an LMP can actually make it to the end) they will gain the equivalent of multiple laps just because of those changes to pit procedure. To account for that, BoP would need to be taken.

Pretty much all of these issues come down to the fact that DP and LMP are apples and rocks to each other and cannot be balanced. To get close, these measures have to be taken and you guys complain. That's that. You can mock all you want, but that's ultimately what it comes down to

Now that Shaw TV have dropped SPEED for their channel list, does anyone know what channel this series is being shown on in Canada? I like my endurance racing :(

Try Fox Sports (not sure if your provider carries FS1 or FS2).

Try Fox Sports (not sure if your provider carries FS1 or FS2).

Sadly no, Shaw have stated several times they won't carry FS1. Last thing I got to watch on it before they canned it was the Truck race from Martinsville.

Sadly no, Shaw have stated several times they won't carry FS1. Last thing I got to watch on it before they canned it was the Truck race from Martinsville.

So Speed is/was still around, huh? I thought it got bought out by Fox and turned into FS1/2.

So Speed is/was still around, huh? I thought it got bought out by Fox and turned into FS1/2.

It did in the States but stayed as SPEED in Canada for the channel title (at least, it did on Shaw TV anyway). I believe Rogers dropped it a while ago but rebranded it as Fox Sports Racing which combines the ones you listed. Unfortunately, BC doesn't get Rogers so switching to them is out.

It did, here in the states they switched it to FS1 and left it as Speed in Canada. Not sure why they wouldn't just make the same switch now that they decided to kill off Speed unless Fox was trying to gouge them for more $, but I couldn't imagine that happening :boggled:

It hurts to say it but I feel Radio Le Mans commentate from the timing screens too much rather than the TV pictures, they miss an awful lot of action.

I guess they get away with it because of their enthusiasm.

Screw you IMSA.com and your crappy stream. Most of it was outright choppy and buffering. Now I have to watch a re-air instead of watching it live like I wanted to :rolleyes:

I got my tickets and campground info for the Road America race in the mail today. I will be camping in the carousel if anyone else is going.

:cheers:

I got my tickets and campground info for the Road America race in the mail today. I will be camping in the carousel if anyone else is going.

:cheers:
Depends on my finances, I also want to go to PWC in June so I might have to choose between TUSC or PWC.

...I forgot the race was actually Saturday... :banghead: . Well I'll still watch the rerun of the race tomorrow at 4pm....not like the stream would have worked anyway.:indiff:

Good race overall.The Taylor pass on Hand at turn 1 was impressive and Werner drove the wheels off the Z4 catching the Risi after the fueling issue during the stop.

Congrats to Shank for winning LMP-Am against themselves.:drool: They looked like they had never seen a adjustable damper before. :tdown:The car was junk all weekend.

I forgot-F.U. Imsacar and your rules allowing driver to leave the pits with their belts loose,undone,and even under their Hans device.Also F.U. so called Pro drivers for not having the balls to change the way things are done.

Last edited:
It hurts to say it but I feel Radio Le Mans commentate from the timing screens too much rather than the TV pictures, they miss an awful lot of action.

I guess they get away with it because of their enthusiasm.
I had to mute them it was so bad. It was just as terrible at Sebring and I stopped using my radio at the Rolex 24 because they were so horrible. Makes me almost want Eli Gold back.

Screw you IMSA.com and your crappy stream. Most of it was outright choppy and buffering. Now I have to watch a re-air instead of watching it live like I wanted to :rolleyes:
Worked fine for me. Periscope tv was streaming it too.

Back