2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Sorry for quoting an image multiple pages back, but whats the model name of the BMW on the left? I'm not a big BMW guy, so I don't know a whole lot about 'em, but I must say...that looks gorgious!
Retro is always cool:

CAEKC0uU0AAv3zm.jpg:large

Sorry for quoting an image multiple pages back, but whats the model name of the BMW on the left? I'm not a big BMW guy, so I don't know a whole lot about 'em, but I must say...that looks gorgious!
BMW 3.0 CSL, Nicknamed the "Batmobile" because of the spoiler.

#5 car dominated the DP field from P1 Friday morning, impressive win. Maybe the Coyote/Chevy combo needs a new BoP ;)

Crazy last 2 hrs with the Porsche and Viper leading and then failures.Conor Daly was very impressive, he deserves a Indy car ride. The changes made to the PC cars helped them deal with traffic.

Heading back home from Sebring now great race. Just wished Viper GTD held on as they led most if the race. Stoked Corvette C7.R came back to win, that's two wins in a row so I'm expecting castration like they did last year that handed Viper the win.

A Chevrolet won in PC. I totally didn't see that coming. :P It is nice to see that the new PC regulations have mitigated the carnage so far. Also, I just saw Negri's crash for the first time since I missed it when it happened. That was a hard hit.

Good race, relatively incident free and great driving by most. Gutted for the factory Porsches and the Riley Viper..

A Chevrolet won in PC. I totally didn't see that coming. :P It is nice to see that the new PC regulations have mitigated the carnage so far. Also, I just saw Negri's crash for the first time since I missed it when it happened. That was a hard hit.
Such a tough break for those guys. The crew worked non-stop to get the engines swapped out for qualifying only to get destroyed during the race. I feel for the Shank guys. This was one of ESM's better performances even though they've yet to make it to halfway of a race this season.

If a good team has the money for an all pro Ligier, they would be untouchable with the current BoP barring crashes and mechanicals. I hope Shank wins a race or 2 just so they don't get discouraged and the BoP gets any more unfair because it's more of a success ballast type system at the moment.

If a good team has the money for an all pro Ligier, they would be untouchable with the current BoP barring crashes and mechanicals. I hope Shank wins a race or 2 just so they don't get discouraged and the BoP gets any more unfair because it's more of a success ballast type system at the moment.

The irony of that statement in particular is that Krohn's Liger would have done better without him driving. He alone costed them at least 2 laps with all of his spins. That car could have potentially been a top 5 car at worst with an all pro lineup considering the fact that it took 8th with him in it.

The irony of that statement in particular is that Krohn's Liger would have done better without him driving. He alone costed them at least 2 laps with all of his spins. That car could have potentially been a top 5 car at worst with an all pro lineup considering the fact that it took 8th with him in it.
Early on, Pla was dominating. It was only when Tracy got in that they started having issues like you were saying. Had he not been driving, I bet that they would have been podium at worst and probably would have been the ones winning by a lap rather than AXR. That car had so many little chips and scratches on it because of Tracy that it wasn't 100% after a few hours. It's not just this season that the Ligier has had the outright best BoP. Think back to last season when the Ligier debuted at COTA with Oak it was 2 seconds clear of anyone in practice and barring Gus and Brundle making mistakes and damaging the car, it would've won that race, and it was a second or more clear at Petit last season also. Too bad it got Delta Winged in T1 or it would've probably won that race too. Shank led every practice, broke the track record with it in qualy, and had the fast race lap in it at Daytona this season with it being the first time he got to race it which says a lot right there too.

Right now, I have a gut feeling that a P2 will win at Watkins Glen barring some sort of catastrophic failure or a late race caution. The older ESM P2s and the Nissan Morgan were walking everything then, and with Krohn's Liger basically spanking everyone's pace now (including the old ESM HPDs that raced yesterday), it seems likely that it will be a contender for sure if he shows up (even if he himself slows it down with his driving).

I think Shank will win at Laguna Seca and Mosport. At the Glen(or anywhere else), I doubt ESM wins. They can't make their cars last the race distance. For the kind of budget they have, they should have kicked ass last season, but they kept breaking and Ed Brown is a moving chicane plus their car is slowed down because they have to compromise the setup for him. Shank has been good at the Glen in the past, so he could win. Krohn has a shot assuming Tracy doesn't bin it every 5 laps there. At Petit, depending on what the car situation is for ESM, they could have tons of pace or that HPD could still be a dog. Granted, it's ESM so them finishing is a victory.

I never liked Krohn and I still don't, he is the very definition of someone with more money then talent and to make things worst, he owns the team as well so you know he'll never stop driving even though we all know he should. I hated him the moment he brought along those Murcielagos to the ALMS in 2003 and completely got in the way of the leading Corvettes every single time.

Last edited:
I never liked Krohn and I still don't, he is the very definition of someone with more talent then money and to make things worst, he owns the team as well so you know he'll never stop driving even though we all know he should. I hated him the moment he brought along those Murcielagos to the ALMS in 2003 and completely got in the way of the leading Corvettes every single time.
He personally cheated to ensure his driver won the DP driver's championship back in 05 or 06. He parked his car on track so a yellow would come out to help his team car and then drove off as soon as the FCY was thrown. I have nothing against him driving because he always gets a lot of big names into his car and it's another entry, but we all know he's going to be a rolling chicane and a potential hazard.

Just a little change of subject for a brief moment: I must say, in a critical season for IMSA to get things right, these first two races have been outstanding. There have been a few small hiccups (long SC periods are an issue in quite a few series'), however, from a pure racing stand point, IMSA has done a very good job. Excited for the rest of the season. 👍

I never liked Krohn and I still don't, he is the very definition of someone with more money then talent and to make things worst, he owns the team as well so you know he'll never stop driving even though we all know he should. I hated him the moment he brought along those Murcielagos to the ALMS in 2003 and completely got in the way of the leading Corvettes every single time.

Seth Neiman stepped down from driving and he owns the Flying Lizards.. Granted I still think you're correct.

P: AXR
PC: PR1
GTLM: Vette #3
GTD: AJR #23

The last 20 minutes is worth watching again just for the craziness that happened in GTD.

Yeah I'm gonna watch most of it over the next few days,

Just a little change of subject for a brief moment: I must say, in a critical season for IMSA to get things right, these first two races have been outstanding. There have been a few small hiccups (long SC periods are an issue in quite a few series'), however, from a pure racing stand point, IMSA has done a very good job. Excited for the rest of the season. 👍
Are you ready for the next 3 months of 1 P2 vs 5 DP cars? (not counting the skyINactiv's)
A quick car count for Long Beach I can only come up with 16 cars- DP 01,5,10,31,90- P2 60- and the 07-70 and 8 GTLM's - 3,4,17,24,25,62,911,912

Back