2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
And also, anyone who didn't like that race isn't a race fan. All drivers drove all out in all 4 classes. No stupid moves and plenty of hard racing action. Drivers weren't giving an inch. All spots on track were earned as they should be without reckless moves.

Apart from the 31 knocking hell out of anyone who dared go to the outside of it, I agree.

Last edited:
Apart from the 31 knocking hell out of anyone who darned go to the outside of it, I agree.
Who all did that car hit? I know Cameron put the squeeze on Westbrook and Ozz with the latter not giving way and getting shoved off. Westbrook saw the squeeze coming and lifted. Maybe that's the difference in the race. One driver knowing when to give and another not expecting the 31 to defend. I personally think the 31 wasn't intentionally blocking either time. I don't think Cameron saw or expected either car to be on his outside. The outside pass in turn 2 at Laguna Seca isn't a normal occurrence except on the initial start possibly.

Edit: it was the 5 car that squeezed the 90

Last edited:
Who all did that car hit? I know Cameron put the squeeze on Westbrook and Ozz with the latter not giving way and getting shoved off. Westbrook saw the squeeze coming and lifted. Maybe that's the difference in the race. One driver knowing when to give and another not expecting the 31 to defend. I personally think the 31 wasn't intentionally blocking either time. I don't think Cameron saw or expected either car to be on his outside. The outside pass in turn 2 at Laguna Seca isn't a normal occurrence except on the initial start possibly.

Edit: it was the 5 car that squeezed the 90

My mistake then. I know the 90 got knocked off, then the 60 (which seemed like it was in worse shape despite Negri's best efforts).

My mistake then. I know the 90 got knocked off, then the 60 (which seemed like it was in worse shape despite Negri's best efforts).
I think the 60 didn't get the pace it had in practice because Ozz flat spotted the hell out of the left front on the entrance to the corner he was squeezed off of. He had that tire locked throughout the entire brake zone. No more tire changes were done after that incident as well if I'm not mistaken.

But what about the whole selling GT3 Cady's thing? I'm not saying you're wrong, you're not, but still.

Is Ford thinking about a GT3 car?

I have seen nothing saying GM wont sell GT3 cars to a customer team in '16. The bigger question is will the customer cars be in PWC or IMSA, or neither and in a European series.

Ford should build a GT3 spec Mustang but I doubt they ever will.

I have seen nothing saying GM wont sell GT3 cars to a customer team in '16. The bigger question is will the customer cars be in PWC or IMSA, or neither and in a European series.

Ford should build a GT3 spec Mustang but I doubt they ever will.
On Caddy': They did speak interest in running the VLN 24hrs, with the factory team as well. I think that they'll sell to Europe/Asia/Austrailia as Cadillac is quite a large brand. Might even see them in GTD next year. But I doubt any privateers wherever the P&M team is running.

On Ford: I could see a GT3 GT possibly, but other than that I guess Ford is (oddly) not interested in GT3.

WEC is the best sportscar championship in the world. I support their decision. 👍

Except that's not the actual reason:

Scott Sharp
"We’re obviously spending quite a lot of money, switching from all these chassis."

“Now that we’re committed to the Ligier and we’re over here in Europe, the costs to bring these cars back to try to run [Watkins] Glen would be round-trip $250,000 to $300,000.

Ed Brown:

“The big thing that everyone has to understand is that the decision for us not to run in the Tequila Patron North American Endurance Cup is financial and [logistical].

“We’ve put such a strain on our team this year that it would be unfair to try to kris-cross back and forth the ocean.”

Also, big deal if Krohn isn't coming back. They suck anyhow and I'm sure no one misses their crappy owner or their spoiled brat driver after the crap he pulled at Sebring.

Internet was bad, didn't get a chance to read the article. :boggled:

Aside from the losses of ESM and Krohn, the LMP3 news makes me think Tudor is becoming like the American version of the European Le Mans Series (P2, P3, GTE, GT3)...hmmm... :D

Last edited:
Also, big deal if Krohn isn't coming back. They suck anyhow and I'm sure no one misses their crappy owner or their spoiled brat driver after the crap he pulled at Sebring.
I don't miss ESM either because who wants to hear DHH complain more?

Absolutely this. Krohn would be missed if the team was good, but all they've done so far is be a moving chicane and road hazard. On the other hand, if Shank left, they would be missed since they have the only competitive LMP2 in the field.

I don't know why IMSA don't just make the PC category convert to the current Dp with a spec engine, then all the current Dp teams will at least be able to sell them somewhere,

I don't know why IMSA don't just make the PC category convert to the current Dp with a spec engine, then all the current Dp teams will at least be able to sell them somewhere,
I agree with this. Or just let them keep running the same chassis and update the structure for a closed cockpit. That has to be much cheaper. No reason to force all the owners to buy new chassis.

This is what I was saying when the merger happened. 👍 Have P2 as it's own thing, and then DP as it's own thing left alone...would have negated PC and kept us from this stupid mess with DP's and P2's.

Are you guys high or what? Bankrupt the PC class or buy some lumber and glue and build some custom roofs for the PC cars. :boggled:

What if they trade in their PC cars for GT3 Aston's and go to GTD? :P
Atleast the prototype class would be true to the name, 2 Mazda diesels and the Delta wing FTW. Of course IMSAcar screwed the pooch with GTD too, taking a perfect as it is platform GT3 and giving it the down home touch. Strip the wires that work all of those fancy gizmos out and replace that big wing the car was designed with one made of plywood from one of our approved vendors at your cost.

Atleast the prototype class would be true to the name, 2 Mazda diesels and the Delta wing FTW. Of course Grand-Am screwed the pooch with GTD too, taking a perfect as it is platform GT3 and giving it the down home touch. Strip the wires that work all of those fancy gizmos out and replace that big wing the car was designed with one made of plywood from one of our approved vendors at your cost.

FTFY

Are you guys high or what? Bankrupt the PC class or buy some lumber and glue and build some custom roofs for the PC cars. :boggled:
The current proposal is to have them buy all new LMP3 cars as is, so rather than put more money in Oreca and Onroak's pockets (because let's face it, that's all the new regs are doing anyway. Saw the Ligier LMP3 car render yesterday), let's save the teams money and have them keep the current chassis or buy the DPs that will be worth the steel they're made of in 2017 assuming they don't grandfather.

The current proposal is to have them buy all new LMP3 cars as is, so rather than put more money in Oreca and Onroak's pockets (because let's face it, that's all the new regs are doing anyway. Saw the Ligier LMP3 car render yesterday), let's save the teams money and have them keep the current chassis or buy the DPs that will be worth the steel they're made of in 2017 assuming they don't grandfather.

Didn't the very existence of "Formula Le Mans" do that anyway? Besides, I thought that's what the new LMP2 regs were gonna do.

Also, I believe Ginetta also makes LMP3 cars as well.

Surely purchasing a second hand car, and a spec engine is going to be cheaper then purchasing a new car, getting it from Europe to America and getting and engine as well, without the Dp's being used currently there would be at least 15 modern chassis sitting around, so dare I say it there's plenty of spare parts,

What is the difference? They both hail from the land of missing lugnuts,missing tire walls,and G-W-C x3 FTW.

Not exactly. A quote from the P3 discussion at Laguna "They threw a lot of stuff against the wall, but I'm not sure any of it stuck," one owner surmised Dont forget Riley and the car that is already racing Ginetta.

Surely purchasing a second hand car, and a spec engine is going to be cheaper then purchasing a new car, getting it from Europe to America and getting and engine as well, without the Dp's being used currently there would be at least 15 modern chassis sitting around, so dare I say it there's plenty of spare parts
P3 cars cost $250k. DP teams spent more than that upgrading their cars to be faster than a FLM09.

The DP and FLM09 have a great future-racing in some historic events as a reminder of how screwed American Sportscar racing has been for the last decade.

Back