2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Let the DP haters cut themselves more because one manufacturer who may or may not enter thinks the DP will stay :lol:

I'd really like to see a Bentley DP. Their Continental is already pretty close to one.

I'm just gonna say this: With the ACO's stupid plan of clamping down on who can build LMP2s, what the hell else can they do? They are interested in competing for overall wins in the TUSC so they are going with the only other option. Say whatever fanboy BS you want but at the end of the day, LMP2 is looking screwed and I sure as hell don't see any better way.

The DP is becoming the go to platform for manufacturers now. The brand specific bodywork is working well. That's the one thing Grand Am did that really has carried over from the merger and it's bringing the manufacturer money. I doubt IMSA is smart enough to keep them from causing costs to skyrocket, but at least there's interest rather than the current ACO LMP2 plans for 2017. That class is finally taking off just to be chopped back down

I suppose if the FIA/ACO were smart enough they could make one of the P2 chassis be a 'mother-chassis' type thing, like what they use in Super GT (and maybe other places I don't know of). That way USC manufacturer teams or any independent teams who want a bit more of an identity can all have their own custom bodywork a la DP.
Though I seem to remember hearing USC teams would be allowed custom bodywork anyway, or is that just for engines?

I'm just gonna say this: With the ACO's stupid plan of clamping down on who can build LMP2s, what the hell else can they do? They are interested in competing for overall wins in the TUSC so they are going with the only other option. Say whatever fanboy BS you want but at the end of the day, LMP2 is looking screwed and I sure as hell don't see any better way.
Bentley can develop bodywork/engine for any of the new P2 chassis it wants and run IMSA in '17.

Atherton says the Bentley guy is confused. http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/2017-prototype-class-structure-still-to-be-determined/

Porsche is ready for GT3 rules in 2016. http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/w...efully-have-a-good-number-of-cars-in-daytona/

I hope those guys that bought the GT America get a good price for them since that car cant be upgraded to GT3 spec. Maybe Porsche has a repeat customer rebate program,or gives out Best Buy gift cards.
I wouldn't be surprised if they can trade them in...Porsche could easily do something with them possibly I would think.

And I'm he commented on the Bentley comments because they were making no sense to me during the VLN 24.

Maybe the DP name will be carried forward to the next generation. It would make sense to me to keep the name to give IMSA the distinction it wants from the standard P2 car. A 2017 DP would then be a non FIA spec P2.

or

Atherton is lying to cover his own ass because the Bentley guy leaked the future of IMSA is Grand-Am 2.0 and the reaction has been negative.:lol:

Maybe the DP name will be carried forward to the next generation. It would make sense to me to keep the name to give IMSA the distinction it wants from the standard P2 car. A 2017 DP would then be a non FIA spec P2.

Probably. They have an obsession with naming anyway (GT Daytona, GT Le Mans...etc).

...or Atherton is lying to cover his own ass because the Bentley guy leaked the future of IMSA is Grand-Am 2.0...
:scared: :scared: :odd: :nervous: :eek: :boggled: :scared: :scared:

7280eedf85ea5d674c22c5959d6e86cb.jpg

Last edited:
I hope those guys that bought the GT America get a good price for them since that car cant be upgraded to GT3 spec. Maybe Porsche has a repeat customer rebate program,or gives out Best Buy gift cards.
From what I understand, the Porsche GT America's can be fairly easily converted into cup cars. Although there's always a handful of wealthy Porsche owners who wouldn't mind using the GT America for Club racing.

Somebody called 911 to put out the flames from the smoldering GTLM field. http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/dagys-gtlm-class-poised-for-significant-growth-in-2016/

BMW M6 GTLM? http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/bmw-pursuing-gtlm-homologation-of-m6-gt3/

So then
Corvette-2
Ford-2 NAEC only?

BMW-2 maybe
Porsche-3 maybe to doubtful
Ferrari-1 Will Risi be able to get a new 488,AF Corse will be the priority
Bentley-2 ??

So between 4 and 12 then.

From what I understand, the Porsche GT America's can be fairly easily converted into cup cars. Although there's always a handful of wealthy Porsche owners who wouldn't mind using the GT America for Club racing.
A couple raced at the ring last week so I could see several of them going back home too.

This part right here caught my eye:

It’s understood one of the Multimatic-built cars could debut by as early as this year’s season-ending Petit Le Mans, possibly as an unclassified entry due to the car being built to the more powerful new-for-2016 GTE regulations.

GTE, the new GT1 category? Granted its kinda necessary considering GTD is about be unchained, but I thought that was interesting.

My 2016 GTLM field predictions:

Corvette - 2 (NEVER A QUESTION :P )
Ford - 2 (Ford will probably want Ganassi to run 2 cars...maybe 3? Lol just kidding, but 2 yes.)
Ferrari - 1 (2 possibly for NAEC if AF Corsa finds somebody who wants too for the NAEC.)
Porsche - 2 (3 on a maybe for NAEC)
BMW - 2 (RLL isn't backing down I'd say, it's just a car update for them and BMW wants to be in GTLM.)
*Bentley - 2 (Very questionable. The boss was saying they only do overall wins...buuuutttt...GTLM could be a stepping stone for the 2017 P class car.)

I'm not an expert on this...take this with a grain of salt...but that's what I predict extremely loosely.
This part right here caught my eye:

GTE, the new GT1 category? Granted its kinda necessary considering GTD is about be unchained, but I thought that was interesting.
The FIA/ACO has raised the power to about 600 from the current 500. The new regulations also call for a piece of the roof to be an emergency hatch and a few more safety things which aren't noticeable. Basically they've fine tuned the class and massaged the regulations.

The GTE vs GT3 issue isn't just TUSCC, the ELMS has the same issue with GTE and GTC (GT3). They've got more of a balance down, but this will certainly help out IMSA. I believe the AsLMS series also runs GTE's and GT3's.

Last edited:
Lexus is making progress on a GTD program! :D Their V8 is coming to grace the series! :drool:
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/117300-imsa-lexus-gtd-program-making-progress

Here are the teams rumored to be the factory team to lead the effort, note that only one of these will be getting the car:

Michael Shank Racing - Shank wants Le Mans in his future so...no.
Brumos Racing - Porsche guys and honestly it wouldn't make sense.
AIM autosport - Possibly.
Riley Technologies - Running the Viper efforts...so no.
Walker Racing - Possible.
RSR Racing - Wouldn't make a huge ton of sense.
An IndyCar Team - Depends on what team we're talking about.

Last edited:
If I had to pick from that list I would say Walker is the best option. Whoever runs the program I would bet on a couple of JGR guys will be made available for Daytona, and Clint Bowyer too.

If I had to pick from that list I would say Walker is the best option. Whoever runs the program I would bet on a couple of JGR guys will be made available for Daytona, and Clint Bowyer too.
I remember Bowyer at the Rolex 24 (the last Grand-Am run one), he was pretty decent...and hilarious. :lol:

Walker is the most likely option out of all of them.

Shank could run it, it could start as a GTD program and grow into a GTLM, then GTE at Le Mans with an LFA,

Shank could run it, it could start as a GTD program and grow into a GTLM, then GTE at Le Mans with an LFA,
The LFA is not in production anymore I thought? And besides he's invested a lot into LMP2, I'd say he's sticking with prototypes.

The LFA is not in production anymore I thought? And besides he's invested a lot into LMP2, I'd say he's sticking with prototypes.

He's a businessman, and unless his ligier is staying part of the 4 chassis rule in the future then he's got to look for another option,

I don't know anything about Lexus and the LFA is the only acronym I can remember hahahaha

Speedsource pulls one car from the Detroit race and spins it claiming that they will learn more with the 2nd car parked in a garage.:lol: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/speedsource-scales-back-to-single-mazda-prototype-for-detroit/

Learn to just give it up?

Lexus is making progress on a GTD program! :D Their V8 is coming to grace the series! :drool:
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/117300-imsa-lexus-gtd-program-making-progress

Here are the teams rumored to be the factory team to lead the effort, note that only one of these will be getting the car:

Michael Shank Racing - Shank wants Le Mans in his future so...no.
Brumos Racing - Porsche guys and honestly it wouldn't make sense.
AIM autosport - Possibly.
Riley Technologies - Running the Viper efforts...so no.
Walker Racing - Possible.
RSR Racing - Wouldn't make a huge ton of sense.
An IndyCar Team - Depends on what team we're talking about.

I definitely could see Walker Racing running, it would be a massive replacement to make up for Falken leaving AND it doubles a big massive manufacturer support. As for Indycar team, I'm not sure who'd be so keen to get into sportscars. Best I can think of is Andretti Autosport since they actually did try to come back once but their deal fell through (with Nissan if I recall).

Still, anything would be better then that failed ALMS GT2 attempt (which was a internal struggle).

Also Shank has more connections to Ford and Honda than Toyota so...there's that.

And I think you mean the LMP1 attempt...which Andretti royally screwed up.

Last edited:
Learn to just give it up?
All kidding aside maybe they have the car that is back at the shop up on a shaker rig and are working on setups based on the data from the practice session.

At this point yes I believe so. And the spec engine as well. Tudor will have a more open LMP2 for P in 2017 (from I gather).
Remember the 4 chassis rule is not set in stone yet and will likely increase. That news is supposed to be announced at Le Mans race week.

Back