2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Going back to the heated prospects of the future of the Prototype class, I wonder how much sway Mazda would have in the decision. I imagine they and Honda wouldnt support the GT3 engine idea (although Honda's new NSX engine would likely provide a good base). Mazda not having anything bigger than a four cylinder would put them at odds in that class, and losing then would be a blow, even if they are at the back.

It would be interesting if P3 got a Mazda engine though.

Going back to the heated prospects of the future of the Prototype class, I wonder how much sway Mazda would have in the decision. I imagine they and Honda wouldnt support the GT3 engine idea (although Honda's new NSX engine would likely provide a good base). Mazda not having anything bigger than a four cylinder would put them at odds in that class, and losing then would be a blow, even if they are at the back.

It would be interesting if P3 got a Mazda engine though.
Problem is LMP3 uses a spec Nissan V8...and I doubt that would be changed. Trying to keep costs down in LMP3.

It's too bad Mazda doesn't have a normal sized sportscar for GT3 in general. Honda though I could see them taking the Acura engine in the TSX car in PWC which is basically a GT3 car (but with 4WD).

Last edited:
They'd be fine if they remade rotary turbos
Yeah...if they had made a RX-9 or continued the RX-8 they would have a good base for a GT3. Imagine the widebody kit and work to the engine they'd have to do to get a MX-5 as a GT3...actually I'm drooling over that thought. :drool:

IMSA should save GTO for Class 1 cars if that ever happens.
Well...being that they're like prototypes with GT bodies on them....they should have been GTP. :P I have no idea where they'll fit in. They probably and most likely will literally be called IMSA DTM or something lol.

Besides GTO and GTU can still mean something. GTO (over 550hp), GTU (under 550hp) lol. :sly:

Honestly, I'm not so sure Class 1 is happening. How long has it been since we've heard anything on that?

Here's one hell of a story for all of you.

Today at WGI as we were clearing our site from the lovely weather we enjoyed over the weekend, there was an Nissan #74 LMP3 testing on the track.

How about that for a story!!

Honestly, I'm not so sure Class 1 is happening. How long has it been since we've heard anything on that?
Nope, then again it's a simple merger of DTM and GT500 basically in 2017.

Here's one hell of a story for all of you.

Today at WGI as we were clearing our site from the lovely weather we enjoyed over the weekend, there was an Nissan #74 LMP3 testing on the track.

How about that for a story!!
Well there was supposed to be a private test for teams to see the Ginetta LMP3's and some "undisclosed" GT3 manufacturers to showcase to PC and GTD teams their options for next year. Must have been that...lucky catch!

Too bad we're updating to the Ginetta. :P Tired of that old Oreca anyway.
Old DP teams should love the thing, it is slow,heavy,doesnt brake worth a damn,and is cheap. Junk the Nissan 4 cammer and stick a GM crate motor in it and there will be 20 of them on the grid. :D

The Paul Miller Audi was testing in full GT3 spec too but I havent read any comments about what lap times it ran.

Old DP teams should love the thing, it is slow,heavy,doesnt brake worth a damn,and is cheap. Junk the Nissan 4 cammer and stick a GM crate motor in it and there will be 20 of them on the grid. :D

The Paul Miller Audi was testing in full GT3 spec too but I havent read any comments about what lap times it ran.
Ha! Yeah lol. :lol:

The GT3 spec with the proper wing, and abs and tcs probably munched their screwed up IMSA GT3 for breakfast. :drool: Those things are pure evil around the globe.

That and I'd rather then not get anymore money after the stunt they are pulling with the ACO.
What stunt? And they need to have some involvement with the ACO. Besides the LMP3 isn't an ACO thing, it was a new class created by the FIA and ACO. Sure PC is a stupid and terrible class because it really stands for "Prototype Caution", but these LMP3's are at least new.

What stunt? And they need to have some involvement with the ACO. Besides the LMP3 isn't an ACO thing, it was a new class created by the FIA and ACO. Sure PC is a stupid and terrible class because it really stands for "Prototype Caution", but these LMP3's are at least new.

The BS with the LMP2 regs.

Than LMP3 isn't the answer for you as Oreca provides parts for it.

You can't be serious. You mean even though Ginetta and Ligier are making these P3 cars, Oreca will provide parts for them?

Sorry i'm late to this.But i just saw that Audi
Lost this years 24H le mans race
:( Does this mean its time for the R21 :)
They always seem to bring out a new car whenever they lose at the 24H race

Sorry i'm late to this.But i just saw that Audi
Lost this years 24H le mans race
:( Does this mean its time for the R21 :)
They always seem to bring out a new car whenever they lose at the 24H race
Wrong thread.

Back