2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Continental tires vs Pirelli should make a difference and GTLM will gain around 50 hp next year so they might not have to do anything.
And with Michelin's on the GTLM cars, combined with the drivers and aero updates, the GTD cars will be able to run standard FIA spec and be slower than GTLM.

Looking at the time difference...Continental...your tires suck. :lol:

The Shank team is basically the R&D team for the future P2 regs it seems. They need to look at what LMP1 teams used for the steering cooling to see what needs to be upgraded.

Wow. You don't always see miscues by an AXR car-especially a mistake made this late in the race.

EDIT: Shout out to Ozz and the Shank crew for getting that Liger on the podium with the power-steering issues hampering it all race.

Last edited:
Great chase at the end with the 31 trying to catch the 10. And very surprising that that was the first win for the Porscge factory team this year...GTLM is one heck of a class! :D

And the GTD takes the track this week. I hope the Turner BMW or TRG Aston can win.

This story can go off in a couple of different directions.

1.SDR will be a R&D team for a GM 2017 P2 program developing a engine program and gathering testing data for a Oreca/GM partnership.

2.SDR/GM are losing Westy to Ford's GTLM program and GM has other plans with Dallara so they have no further use for SDR.

3.SDR HPD

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/oreca-proposes-pc-upgrade-kit-teams-voice-support/

Team owners are cheap and need to be pushed toward something new. Converting the FLM09 into a 03R sounds ok in theory but I believe the drivers have to pay a much higher insurance premium in a open top car so what is their incentive?

The new P3 needs a proper test with a car that doesnt weigh close to 1000kg and has the build quality of the finest lead toys from China.

This story can go off in a couple of different directions.

1.SDR will be a R&D team for a GM 2017 P2 program developing a engine program and gathering testing data for a Oreca/GM partnership.

2.SDR/GM are losing Westy to Ford's GTLM program and GM has other plans with Dallara so they have no further use for SDR.

3.SDR HPD
Hmm...Westy is involved with the factory Corvette team when they go to Le Mans...maybe he wants to end his career as a factory driver. Option two seems reasonable.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/oreca-proposes-pc-upgrade-kit-teams-voice-support/

Team owners are cheap and need to be pushed toward something new. Converting the FLM09 into a 03R sounds ok in theory but I believe the drivers have to pay a much higher insurance premium in a open top car so what is their incentive?

The new P3 needs a proper test with a car that doesnt weigh close to 1000kg and has the build quality of the finest lead toys from China.
The PC owners seemed to scough the LMP3...even though it would be better. Not sure what they'd do. If I had to bet money though I'd put it on the upgrade. Even though IMSA would probably rather them choose the LMP3 option.

So we could potentially have a fairly equal field numbers wise in 2016 than as long as Mazda sticks around.

DP:
Action Express (2 cars)
WTR (1 car)
Ganassi (1 car?)

LMP:
Shank (1 car, possibly 2)
Mazda (2 cars)
Visit Florida (1 car)

Now that I've brought up Mazda, hopefully they can figure whatever the issue is by Road America as I would love to see the gas powered one in person.

The issue with Mazda is John Doonan (Mazda Motorsports head) had to fly to Japan and kiss the corporate ring. Until the people that pay the bills sign off the project is a test car.

The issue with Mazda is John Doonan (Mazda Motorsports head) had to fly to Japan and kiss the corporate ring. Until the people that pay the bills sign off the project is a test car.
Yeah I caught that in the broadcast. I actually lost respect for the Mazda brand because of that. You have a car, with a failed engine that ZERO of your production cars run (at least that I know of), and your brand is looking tragically sad in the top tier of American sportscar racing...and you don't want to suck it up and use the engine which actually is proven and you could probably WIN with?! :odd: Mazda you're STUPID. It makes no sense financially, public relations wise or motorsports wise.

So we could potentially have a fairly equal field numbers wise in 2016 than as long as Mazda sticks around.

DP:
Action Express (2 cars)
WTR (1 car)
Ganassi (1 car?)

LMP:
Mazda (2 cars)
Visit Florida (1 car)

Now that I've brought up Mazda, hopefully they can figure whatever the issue is by Road America as I would love to see the gas powered one in person.
Wait...are Ganassi still running DP next year? Wouldn't that be a bit much with the 4 (2 here in America and 2 in Europe)) factory Ford GT's they are going to run in the TUSCC and WEC?

Last edited:
Wait...are Ganassi still running DP next year? Wouldn't that be a bit much with the 4 (2 here in America and 2 in Europe)) factory Ford GT's they are going to run in the TUSCC and WEC?
I think Mike Hull didnt rule out somebody leasing the car but I doubt Ford would sign off on a customer having access to the engine.

DP:
Action Express (2 cars)
WTR (1 car)
Ganassi (1 car?)

LMP:
Mazda (2 cars)
Visit Florida (1 car)

Pretty sure Ganassi is going fully GTLM with Multimatic helping out, which would leave 3 Corvette DPs.

I think Mike Hull didnt rule out somebody leasing the car but I doubt Ford would sign off on a customer having access to the engine.
Yeah I don't think Ford would be terribly pleased with that. If there was another Ford team maybe...but still doubtful. Especially since next year will be the swan song for the DP cars.

Pretty sure Ganassi is going fully GTLM with Multimatic helping out, which would leave 3 Corvette DPs.
*evil laugh* :D

To be fair to the DP, it had a long run and it's finally going to be put to bed. Will kinda miss them, but I am glad to see the direction that Prototype is moving towards in 2017. If this series can fix the debacle of the PC drivers, I think that they can become Grade A+++ material...if would could just get rid of FOX. :indiff:

Sad to hear, one of the greats. Would love to see the Corvette Racing run their cars in those same colors as a tribute.

On a lighter note, Montoya is "interested" in Le Mans. Link

He's won Indy, he's won Monaco, he's won the Daytona 24H.

Le Mans is pretty much his last thing to conquer.
That would be something. He's got the talent to do it too.

Guys I'm curious. Does anybody see the faintest chance Penske will re-enter sportscar racing?

Penske will only enter if he could be in LMP1 with a factory backed outfit, and since Porsche already took it upon themselves to do their program without Penske, the chances are 0%.

Penske will only enter if he could be in LMP1 with a factory backed outfit, and since Porsche already took it upon themselves to do their program without Penske, the chances are 0%.
Any chance of TUSCC? Remember he gave Daytona a shot years ago with a tag team effort in the form of a second WTR DP.

He doesn't have interest in running a P2 program again.
Fair enough. Glad I was able to watch that crazy era of ALMS then. It was cool at the time to see the mighty Audi's fight with the Penske Porsches. I can understand if he doesn't want to go through that again though.

Here's to hoping a GT3 or GTE effort in a Porsche somewhere, at some point in the future. :)

Does anyone know if there is a Race Broadcast Replay of this past weekend's race at Mosport?

Same with the CTSCC race if possible?
CTSCC race should be this weekend. The TUSCC races usually play around I think 12pm EST during the week...I think.

Back