2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Well, if that's final, the logo could have been worse. I mean, they could have dumped the helmet and put in a floor mat as product placement instead....

Well its not horrible, just literally feels a touchup with little to no difference.

If the schedule ain't broke, don't fix it I guess.

Jul 10 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
All classes? Damn, that's going to be one full circuit. Traffic management will be key for sure.

Aug 21 Virginia International Raceway (GTLM and GTD only)
Yes! So glad VIR is back next year, was awesome in 2014. They're the only 2 classes I care about anyways, so I'm thrilled.

Weathertech should be a decent title sponsor, and they'll probably get more out of it than Tudor did. Your average race fan is way more likely to buy floor mats than an expensive watch.

So, Fisicella is apparently an owner of high end line of Coffee and Coffee Equipment as well as, get this, a DJ.

With Bob Varsha, you always learn something interesting at least once a year.

Edit:

Ben Keating: "Did I just hear you say the 007 is pitting? That's exciting" :lol:

Last edited:
As boring as the main race was, I did have a blast and hopefully can go again next year (with a better camera and some knowledge on taking photos). I will upload what few pictures I took tomorrow.

So, Fisicella is apparently an owner of high end line of Coffee and Coffee Equipment as well as, get this, a DJ.

With Bob Varsha, you always learn something interesting at least once a year.

Edit:

Ben Keating: "Did I just hear you say the 007 is pitting? That's exciting" :lol:
Bob Varsha needs to retire asap. I can't stand his commentary!

Not that Diffey set the bar high

I wasn't saying he did better then Leigh Diffey, I was saying he was much better doing those few races then he has been on Fox Sports 1.

Also, I'm more and more am reading that people don't like Leigh Diffey. What is exactly wrong with him that people don't like?

I wasn't saying he did better then Leigh Diffey, I was saying he was much better doing those few races then he has been on Fox Sports 1.

Also, I'm more and more am reading that people don't like Leigh Diffey. What is exactly wrong with him that people don't like?

Leigh Diffey is usually looking in the opposite direction when something happens, he used to be really good in V8s way back in the early days, would always catch things that the tv director wouldn't or would see something that wouldn't get picked up on for 5 minutes, now he'll tell you tacuma has crashed out of the race when his car is coming back to pit lane

People are being haters. He's cool in my mind, glad NBC hired him. I'm excited as **** that he calls the Indycar events and that they got Steve Machett and David Hobbs to come over for F1 and sometimes also Indycar. 👍

Varsha is definitely being affected by Fox. As soon as it became FS from SPEED he lost something. I watched F1 on SPEED a lot, and this isn't the Varsha who called F1 races back in the day...he's become a slave to the producers.

People are being haters. He's cool in my mind, glad NBC hired him. I'm excited as **** that he calls the Indycar events and that they got Steve Machett and David Hobbs to come over for F1 and sometimes also Indycar. 👍

Varsha is definitely being affected by Fox. As soon as it became FS from SPEED he lost something. I watched F1 on SPEED a lot, and this isn't the Varsha who called F1 races back in the day...he's become a slave to the producers.

I noticed the same with Calvin Fish as well, he's totally different when he's doing the broadcasts for Pirelli World Challenge on CBS Sports Network.

Ya I don't know if it's Fox, or something else...either way, it's pretty brutal.

When I watch either the Tudor series or CTSCC, I feel like I am getting minimal info at best. In the case of the Tudor series, I've learned more on these forums than from watching the broadcasts.

I am aware that the very fact I'm on a motorsport forum puts me into a category of people who are bound to be presented more info than the average person who just watches on TV....but to contrast the Fox broadcasts against a Radio Lemans broadcast of a Japanese Super GT race (which I think is third party?...they're just watching NISMO TV and timing screens) I actually feel like I've learned something and gained additional insight into the events which took place.

The weird thing though, is that Fox also broadcasts NASCAR, which I'll honestly admit I've always thought has done a decent job of actually having content to their broadcasts. Not so much the before and after shows, that's all fluff just like any pre/post game broadcast, but the content during the races themselves is pretty good. It's not 100% good, but I'd say they're on par or better than a lot of other series out there.

For some reason, I've never really liked Varsha as a commentator, even going back to when he was on Speed Channel. He's always given me the impression that he's the kind of person who's more interested in the pagentry and social aspect of racing culture as opposed to the actual racecraft and engineering side. I'd compare it to someone who likes to hang out at the country club or ski resort, but couldn't tell you the first thing about swinging an iron or carving a turn.

NBCSN/NBC at least is like SPEED Channel in that the guys don't sound like they're shoveling corporate garbage into the TV. On Fox they try to make everything sound wonderful. Like Formula E...I remember at Sebring Varsha was defending it from Justin Bell...and I was kinda astounded really. It was like he was being forced to try to make it sound like the best thing since sliced bread. That and the Le Mans coverage switch to MotoGP...

Fox sucks.
That is being kind. They have single handedly destroyed motorsports coverage. I'm here to watch a race, get the stupid corporate garbage out of the way in the pre-race...PLEASE! :banghead:

My biggest gripe with Fox is that they always make it seem like the audience has never seen a car before. My second biggest gripe is *commercial break* that *commercial break* they have way too many *commercial break* commercials, than don't fill you in on anything that happened during them.

Granted NBCSN has their own issues, but they are certainly more tolerable than Fox's many. I can't comment on CBS' coverage as that channel isn't in my package.

The commercial breaks are the big gripe I have with Fox. I really hate having to find a stream since they often go to break after 5 minutes and then go right back to break after ending a commercial break. I spend more time guessing what is going on with a race than I do actually watching or listening to a race.

As boring as the main race was, I did have a blast and hopefully can go again next year

How did you like watching the cars in the rain?
I always found it interesting to watch the water coming off the back of the cars.

And I think Diffey is great as well as the Fish.
Maybe it's the accents..?? ;)

Back