2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Apparently the Delta Wing may also be doing a farewell tour next year.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/future-unclear-for-deltawing/

I'm actually kind of sad to see it go as I was curious to see what they could do with some actual funding. It also added something different to the field that you couldn't see anywhere else. At least if I don't go next year I can still say I saw it in person before it went into storage.

How did you like watching the cars in the rain?
I always found it interesting to watch the water coming off the back of the cars.

It was awesome for the first couple hours, but after about 6 hours of walking around in the rain it got old (I did have an umbrella, but that only does so much). Of course to make matters worse my tent decided to stop keeping water out at some point in the day (I slept in the car that night). Thankfully both Saturday and Sunday were nice so I had a chance to dry off.

Well, I guess if you're going to cheat in a DP, you might as well have everyone else in a DP cheat too.... I kind of find it funny that it happened though because I would have figured that IMSA would catch that before the racing stated.

Funky as it is, I have full respect for the DeltaWing. Nobody said DeltaWing was going to set the world afire or be the car to devastate the Audis. I just want to see that car get further developed and further get better. I don't want this one to get sacked like the Cadillac Northstar LMP or the SRT Viper programs.

Viper gets +10 kg,-3mm air restrictor, and -200 rpm's. Their thoughts.

CM7-YsxW8AAEm3X.jpg:large

Aston also gets -1mm and -250 rpms

So Virginia International Raceway is up next on the 2015 schedule. Let me tell you something- that track is NOT easy. I remember playing the PlayStation 2 version of "Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli." The track snakes and weaves brutally and will easily trip you up if you're not alert. Whomever wins overall and in class at this joint certainly earned it.

Good luck to all drivers and teams when this race gets underway.

Great race! :D

Looking back at the article on Racer about Mercedes hoping to get a team or two to run in the GTD class, there was also mention of Bentley and Mclaren (and the already mentioned Lexus and new Bimmer). Looking forward to next year, hopefully TRG-AMR gets an Aston GT3 with stock Aston suspension that doesn't wobble like a duck...though it seemed less wobbly at VIR this weekend.

Going off rumors and facts, GTD could/will have:

Mclaren (Rumor)
Aston Martin (Yes)
Bentley (Rumor)
Audi (Yes)
Porsche (Yes)
Riley Viper (Yes)
Ferrari (Yes)
Mercedes (Wants to enter)
Lamborghini (Rumor, plausible though)
BMW (Yes)
Lexus (Yes)

We seriously need to add more GTD teams by cutting PC. :P

Last edited:
Oh, yeah. I dig the new Porsche also. I already like the current Porsche being raced.

From this past weekend, how the heck the drivers avoided that front bumper on the final turn is beyond me. Had this been a game, I guarantee I would have hit that front bumper. I might even have CAUSED it to be on the track! Then too, I'd probably also be flying off the track constantly. Those are other stories, though. It was still a good race for the most part. A cool moment in the TV coverage was in hearing the diverse engine varieties among different cars. I love sportscar racing. Where else are you going to have everything from horizontally-opposed Flat-6 all the way to a good old American V8 racing at once?

Up next for the series is Circuit of the Americas. I still don't have a real grasp on how the course races. Only real game I have with COTA is "GRID Autosport," which I haven't played in a while. It reminds me a bit of Istanbul Park in regards to a rhythm-based course. More like Istanbul Park than another track I like- Magny-Cours. That race is on the weekend of September 17-19. It will be the penultimate round of the 2015 season.

Oh, yeah. I dig the new Porsche also. I already like the current Porsche being raced.

From this past weekend, how the heck the drivers avoided that front bumper on the final turn is beyond me. Had this been a game, I guarantee I would have hit that front bumper. I might even have CAUSED it to be on the track! Then too, I'd probably also be flying off the track constantly. Those are other stories, though. It was still a good race for the most part. A cool moment in the TV coverage was in hearing the diverse engine varieties among different cars. I love sportscar racing. Where else are you going to have everything from horizontally-opposed Flat-6 all the way to a good old American V8 racing at once?

Up next for the series is Circuit of the Americas. I still don't have a real grasp on how the course races. Only real game I have with COTA is "GRID Autosport," which I haven't played in a while. It reminds me a bit of Istanbul Park in regards to a rhythm-based course. More like Istanbul Park than another track I like- Magny-Cours. That race is on the weekend of September 17-19. It will be the penultimate round of the 2015 season.
I'll be there!

WSCC or WTSCC maybe? 2 KPAX cars does not equal 3 so I wonder who else has a 650S? Maybe the Lizards are buying one instead of a new Audi?

WSCC or WTSCC maybe? 2 KPAX cars does not equal 3 so I wonder who else has a 650S? Maybe the Lizards are buying one instead of a new Audi?
Yeah I think Racer.com probably meant 2 but who knows, maybe they'll buy another Mclaren. Doubt it though. Also it sounds like Flying Lizard have converted to Mclaren (thank God lol). I think the Audi was because they couldn't get the Mclaren into GTD (at the time).

I hope we say WSCC because this championship's name is ridiculously long. :P

Yeah I think Racer.com probably meant 2 but who knows, maybe they'll buy another Mclaren. Doubt it though. Also it sounds like Flying Lizard have converted to Mclaren (thank God lol). I think the Audi was because they couldn't get the Mclaren into GTD (at the time).

I hope we say WSCC because this championship's name is ridiculously long. :P

I just call it United Sportscars or USC, short, simple and everybody knows what I am talking about...works no matter who's name they put before it 👍

Back