2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
I just flipped out at FOX...they cut out 17 minutes of this race for a stupid Grade F race's post race coverage.
I think they are contractually obligated to do post race interviews and to cover the top 3 teirs races in full.

You're kidding me, FOX is liking and supporting this running wide garbage? They should be criticizing it.

So Fox is showing ALL the races I wanted to see on FS2.

Where's the middle finger emoticon when you need it?

All of these drivers and the IMSA governing body should watch the WEC race tonight to see some proper racing, proper track limits, proper overtaking, and proper use of safety cars/local yellows.

Sadly that's what happens when your governing body is American...

:rolleyes:

One time they allow a overly generous amount of track use and they get crap for being an "American" Santioning body. Can we stop with the IMSA bashing and the FIA ass kissing?

One time they allow a overly generous amount of track use and they get crap for being an "American" Santioning body. Can we stop with the IMSA bashing and the FIA ass kissing?

It makes the series look bad at a world stage, that's why I'm bashing.
Edit: great tribute for Justin Wilson :)

The track limits obviously aren't a priority for these drivers...

It makes the series look bad at a world stage, that's why I'm bashing.

On one track?

As far as I can tell according to this thread, it already looks bad to begin with. I doubt having a more strict track limit would make them look any better if the amount of people bowing down at the WEC and repeatidly bashing before this is any indication. I just found the blind labeling of this sanctioning body being "American" unnecessary, like everyone here is too damn stupid to know what Track limits are and as I've shown with that race from last year I posted, that's far from true.

On one track?
If you saw the stick Blancpain got after Paul Ricard, you'd know that appalling standards at any time does damage to the image of the series. It's not good in any circumstances.

On one track?

As far as I can tell according to this thread, it already looks bad to begin with. I doubt having a more strict track limit would make them look any better if the amount of people bowing down at the WEC and repeatidly bashing before this is any indication.
I think it would receive more respect though. The only reason this doesn't happen at other circuits is because there is a barrier or grass right next to the racing surface. And I'll add that it's not exclusively an IMSA issue, nascar also sadly has no corner boundaries rules for their road courses (turn one and turn 8 at the Glen especially)

But it is true. It's ridiculous to have no track limits.

PC spin. Drink again.

Finally got it to show up and wow, its much worse then I was thinking. I do agree it looks just tacky (and lets be honest, GT6 Amateur hour is just straight up short cutting all the corners).

hsv
If you saw the stick Blancpain got after Paul Ricard, you'd know that appalling standards at any time does damage to the image of the series. It's not good in any circumstances.

Oh, an FIA run series got flack for relaxing track limits? How about that? Not a swipe at you, just laughing at this considering the worshipping they get for being the golden standard.

I think it would receive more respect though. The only reason this doesn't happen at other circuits is because there is a barrier or grass right next to the racing surface. And I'll add that it's not exclusively an IMSA issue, nascar also sadly has no corner boundaries rules for their road courses (turn one and turn 8 at the Glen especially)

NASCAR barely has Road course racing so I never expect them to do anything correctly with it (which is why I'm surprised they even are considering adding the boot). All that run off at the glen is there to reduce cautions because before people couldn't keep out the damn kitty litter.

But it is true. It's ridiculous to have no track limits.

PC spin. Drink again.

I wasn't saying its bad not to have track limits, I was saying it was unnecessary to slap the "American" label as the main reason for them having no track limits. Besides as @hsv just informed me, turns out this not so favorable decision isn't exclusively American.

Wow, I just witnessed two passes using the off track limits (One literally running the other car off the road. Now that's really irritating to see.

And what a bunch of hypocrites the drivers are. They protested this ruling? They sure were quick to use it :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but the blame can't completely be put on the Series for this. If these drivers were so against this, why the hell are they abusing it?

60 gets a penalty for getting chopped by the 911 but the 911 gets nothing for running the 17 car behind the grandstands.🤬

Are you kidding me right now?

For...🤬..sake. Its Sebring 2014 all over again.

Back